Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) (26306 Views)

Senate Wants CBN To Convert Lower Naira Notes Into Coins / Nigeria To Mint Currency For Ghana, Cote D'ivoire / Nigeria To Mint Currency For Ghana And Ivory Coast. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by CSTR: 10:13am On Mar 20, 2015
iamord:
u don't get it. Once am against its considered inferiority and what not. I don't want the whites to do it. Neither do I want Nigeria. Because of Nigeria's history with contracts. Incompetent. ! Do u know a thing about the West Africa gas deal. ? Before u point fingers make this findings and check yourself.
There are ongoing contract agreements.between Nigeria and ghana that have been going through for ages and is still being honoured without any hitches .
Even the gas deal was going on smoothly for years, until recently due to rising energy needs in Nigeria.
Secondly, Nigeria has numerous contract agreements with most west african countries, and not just ghana, so i don't see what is special about ghana.
Lastly, ghana does not have the capacity to mint its currencies just yet.
Someone else has do it FOR NOW, it might as well be Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 20, 2015
soludo93:

Illiteracy is a worst disease and that's why wise Nigerians won't give Buhari a sniff of power. Project started in 2010 under whose administration? Who identified and employed Sanusi? Who approved the fund and prospect of building a financial institution? For your information, NSPM is not under CBN but ministry of finance. Take note naughty head.
You quoted a source that discussed about redesigning a naira note when we are taking about an institution? Shame that didn't even grasp the matter properly before wadding into objective discourse. Just admit that you're ignoramus, then you won't be foolish standing firm on baseless argument.

Oh my God.

We have many illiterates on this forum. I like catching people when they lie and talk like dol.ts. Ministry of Finance indeed.

Let me lecture you dunce.

The Mint was established in 1963 by the government of
the Federal Republic of Nigeria in partnership with De La Rue of the U.K.

It was "privatised" during the Obasanjo era (privatised in quotation marks because, although the Federal Government sold its shares, The Mint is still indirectly owned by CBN).

The Nigerian Security Printing and Minting PLC is reflected in the following ownership structure of the company.

CBN 77%
BPE 20.06%
De La Rue 2.94%

http://www.mintnigeria.com/structure.htm

Go get some education and stop polluting us with your cluelessness a trademark of most GEJites.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by hush15: 10:25am On Mar 20, 2015
Pearlvictory:

young man, i think u really need 2 b taught how to make personal researches on issues. For the records, not until last month, Nigeria was the only country the world over that had a mint, but still imported its currency, just so u don't rant ur illiteracy anymore in d public. Mehn! I still couldnt comprehend that a person could be daft enof 2 say no country prints its notes on d xcuse of curbing corruption. As as how? Let me enlighten u anyway... Countries with such "fears" privatize that sector to "checkmete" it. So get your facts right first before you come up to a public forum as this to air baseless views.

Hehehe... You funny die.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 10:28am On Mar 20, 2015
CSTR:
There are ongoing contract agreements.between Nigeria and ghana that have been going through for ages and is still being honoured without any hitches .
Even the gas deal was going on smoothly for years, until recently due to rising energy needs in Nigeria.
Secondly, Nigeria has numerous contract agreements with most west african countries, and not just ghana, so i don't see what is special about ghana.
I can guarantee that if it were to be the other party in power such will not come up. You say that you don't see what is special about Ghana. If you don't know. Nigeria is not the only country in the business of having agreements with other countries. . You don't know that Ghana is the one that gives Togo and Benin light? We also have responsibilities that we don't brag about. If not for incompetence. I tell you I rather have the country cut the gas deal. Cos it has not served it's purpose from the onset. It was just a gimmick to gain importance in the au. And to steal... Ghana has discovered enough gas to power its thermal plants. And been working on having Africa's second nuclear power plant. As well as other renewable methods. But the present government corruption and mismanagement is what has been delaying it's launch. The Ghana I know of are people that think and innovate. We have every resource needed to make it happen. If Ghana does not have the capacity to mint at the moment that's fine. But do not begin to pull it up as an achievement and edge over Ghana. As am already seeing your cohorts do here. I make my point clear again that my reason for not supporting this is because of nigerian history with contracts pertaining to the two countries and West Africa

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by straight2point(m): 11:17am On Mar 20, 2015
seapson:
Pls I'm a student,so I want to know if dis will affect price of garri for market??
Yes will, then u are not a student if u disput that. Or maybe a kindergarten student. Then I will understand
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
Chimarto:
GEJ till Ameachi offer me scholarship to study Buhariology in GMB millitary university - Sambisia campus.
ur head dey dia jare...I like u
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Pearlvictory(m): 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
hush15:

Hehehe... You funny die.
Chairman, no vex na. I been dey play wit d guy. :-)
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Pearlvictory(m): 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by hush15: 2:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
Pearlvictory:

Chairman, no vex na. I been dey play wit d guy. :-)

No wahala... Lolz. And in a way, you right bout the printing too. Just that let's be civil when we communicating. So nigeria and nairaland can be a better community.

Tho for me, its still SAI JONA o

Hehehe
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
It's high time all this rubbish stop. Nigerian media houses keep baking up lies against Ghana and other African countries just to brush up your silly ego and help create a false sense of positivity..instead to find out. All what you guys do is to jump into conclusion and talk all manner of crap..it's so disappointing that alot of you can step so low to talk in such negative manner. This is not the first time this rubbish is happening. After when it's all found out. Not even a letter of apology whatsoever. Just to one up another day and bring up such heinous head up again. The Ghana bodies in charge needs to sue the company that brought up such a false news maybe people will then begin to learn sense .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by SambisaaForest: 4:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
iamord:
It's high time all this rubbish stop. Nigerian media houses keep baking up lies against Ghana and other African countries just to brush up your silly ego and help create a false sense of positivity..instead to find out. All what you guys do is to jump into conclusion and talk all manner of crap..it's so disappointing that alot of you can step so low to talk in such negative manner. This is not the first time this rubbish is happening. After when it's all found out. Not even a letter of apology whatsoever. Just to one up another day and bring up such heinous head up again. The Ghana bodies in charge needs to sue the company that brought up such a false news maybe people will then begin to learn sense .

these mumus are a funny bunch. their leaders have been telling them lies since Lord Lugards' time yet their still believe whatever they tell them even till today. grin no wonder the country is phucked grin They claim to be smart but there is no element of smartness in what I see on nairaland. some clueless official seeking to impress some dumb people come out to declare his company is going to print currency notes for Ghana and suddenly everybody jump on it and start singing how great nigeria is? Oh my God! such stvpidity! now that Ghana has denied the report then what?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hahahahahaha the country is full of impoverished, brutish and simple-minded ediots grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by SambisaaForest: 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
CSTR:
the bottom line is that Ghana has denied seeking to print its currency in nigeria. why don''t you get back to your lying official and ask him to produce evidence to substantiate his claim? where Ghana wants to print its currency is none of your fvcking business.

you nigerians are funny sha! making baseless claims seems to be a nigerian trademark.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
SambisaaForest:
the bottom line is that Ghana has denied seeking to print its currency in nigeria. why don''t you get back to your lying official and ask him to produce evidence to substantiate his claim? where Ghana wants to print its currency is none of your fvcking business.

you nigerians are funny sha! making baseless claims seems to be a nigerian trademark.

I have just been released from my ban. It's high time Ghana start pressing charges cos they have done this times without number. I don't know who they trying to f00l. You an go about all you political ish for all I care. But don't bring another country into it. This is a high show of immaturity

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by JiggamanGh: 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
iamord:
I have just been released from my ban. It's high time Ghana start pressing charges cos they have don't this tines without number. I don't know who they trying to f00l

How did u go about it because I am still banned in the sports page till October 2016
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2015
JiggamanGh:

How did u go about it because I am still banned in the sports page till October 2016
I dunno Bro. I just tried to comment. And it went through After like 8 hours. The mods that ban you must be very partial. What they did is as good as they don't want to see u around that section
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by JiggamanGh: 5:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
iamord:
I dunno Bro. I just say that I could comment. So I did. After like 8 hours. The mods that ban you must be very partial. What they did is as good as they don't want to see u around that section

I appealed to the mods but it seems they have thrown away the keys.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
JiggamanGh:

I appealed to the mods but it seems they have thrown away the keys.
free them. They are not feeding u

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by soludo93(m): 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
johnny1980:

Oh my God.

We have many illiterates on this forum. I like catching people when they lie and talk like dol.ts. Ministry of Finance indeed.

Let me lecture you dunce.

The Mint was established in 1963 by the government of
the Federal Republic of Nigeria in partnership with De La Rue of the U.K.

It was "privatised" during the Obasanjo era (privatised in quotation marks because, although the Federal Government sold its shares, The Mint is still indirectly owned by CBN).

The Nigerian Security Printing and Minting PLC is reflected in the following ownership structure of the company.

CBN 77%
BPE 20.06%
De La Rue 2.94%

http://www.mintnigeria.com/structure.htm

Go get some education and stop polluting us with your cluelessness a trademark of most GEJites.

I have seen many dummies but none compels to you by half. OBJ privatized NSPM in 2002 and it's still under CBN? Get a grip and don't sale out yourself like your master who would stabilize global oil prize. All
financial matters including CBN and other institutions are under ministry of financial. CBN only has a limited regulatory influence over them.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Pearlvictory(m): 10:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
hush15:

No wahala... Lolz. And in a way, you right bout the printing too. Just that let's be civil when we communicating. So nigeria and nairaland can be a better community.

Tho for me, its still SAI JONA o

Hehehe
your head is valid bro!
Me na Sai anybody wey go freshen Nigeria sha
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by V0lv0(f): 4:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
iamord:
lol the fact that people even believed this is even more ridiculous. Did they really believe Ghana would allow Nigeria to mint our currency. It seems people here do not know Ghanaians. It will never ever happen in this world. I know if it was to be the other way around then there would have been even more insults. Then the comment I read about spellings really got me loling as it's a typical case of pot calling the kettle black. I have seen numerous cases of such from them even here on this site.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 11:18am On Mar 22, 2015
V0lv0:
lol the fact that people even believed this is even more ridiculous. Did they really believe Ghana would allow Nigeria to mint our currency. It seems people here do not know Ghanaians. It will never ever happen in this world. I know if it was to be the other way around then there would have been even more insults. Then the comment I read about spellings really got me loling as it's a typical case of pot calling the kettle black. I have seen numerous cases of such from them even here on this site.
u can just imagine!! A lot of them are dunce. You can see that now the truth has come out a lot of them are going silent. I expected that the Ghana's reply to the allegation will make front page. To clear the misconception! Nothing till now! This is a true case of kettle calling pot black. Let me not even go to the amount of typos and jargons I see on here. Do you remember how they reacted when mahama said Ghana will soon supply Nigeria light? How bitter they were.? That are bunch of hypocrites

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Allen Onyema And Wife, Alice Ojochide Celebrate 25th Wedding Anniversary Photos / The Promise Of Dangote’s $12bn Refinery / Nigeria Asks Binance To Disclose Top 100 Users, Executives Remain Detained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.