Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

A Nigeria City Among 3 World Cities Selected To Partner With California - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nigeria City Among 3 World Cities Selected To Partner With California (1130 Views)

Nigeria Will Be Among 3 World Economies By 2050 —britain / Neckbreaking Inflation In Nigeria, But Benin City Among The Leaders. Please Why? / Nigeria’s Freeman Osonuga Named Among 3 Finalists For Space Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigeria City Among 3 World Cities Selected To Partner With California by wiseoneking: 9:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
The is a chance for Obiano to grab to make Onitsha as well as other cities in Anambra state to be world standard. Obi couldn't anything to make it thappen. Obiano should take the bull by the horn and start making the necessary link.

This is a city that Nigeria despised but one of the greatest city in state of California is calling on her doors for greater partnership. I hope Obiano is doing something about this. Read on

Compton was recently designated as an “Entrepreneurial Hot Spot” by Cognetics, Inc., an independent economic research firm. Compton made the national list for best places to start and grow a business, and ranked #2 in Los Angeles County out of a field of 88 cities.[59] The city's Planning and Economic Development department provides a business assistance program consisting of a comprehensive mix of resources to small business owners and entrepreneurs. The grocery chains Ralphs and Food 4 Less, subsidiaries of Kroger, are headquartered in Compton.[60] Gelson's Market, a subsidiary of Arden Group, Inc., a holding company, is also based there. [61]

Compton is surrounded by multiple freeways which provide access to destinations throughout the region. The Long Beach and Los Angeles Ports are less than 20 minutes from downtown Compton, providing access to international destinations for customers and suppliers. The Alameda Corridor, a passageway for 25% of all U.S. waterborne international trade, runs directly through Compton from north to south.[62]

City sites

The Major League Baseball Academy is a youth baseball academy providing free baseball and softball instruction to Southern California youth.
Tomorrow's Aeronautical Museum is a non-traditional compilation of a living interactive museum, after-school programs, gang intervention programs and flight school.

Sister cities

On January 19, 2010, the Compton City Council passed a resolution creating a sister cities[65] program to be managed as a chapter of the Compton Chamber of Commerce. The city has established partnerships with three cities:

Nigeria Onitsha, Nigeria (2010)
Samoa Apia, Samoa (2010)
Bulgaria Targovishte, Bulgaria (2010)

The city is also looking to add sister partnerships with Yanga, Mexico and Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago.Economy
Re: A Nigeria City Among 3 World Cities Selected To Partner With California by biafranqueen: 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
That is my Progressive Governor working hard that is why I flew all the way to vote for you.. But what benefits does this Sister city hold Op I always wonder?
Asians ar the only ones opening business in Compton but I do know the EB4 program will give foreigners a free permanent green card if they invest $500,000.00 or more in a low income area.
Re: A Nigeria City Among 3 World Cities Selected To Partner With California by NDPVF(m): 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
Igbos,i love you guys.
The other day its Enugu being listed,now Onitsha.
Just after the war,and those that fought against you guys are dwelling in slums and brown roof

1 Like

Re: A Nigeria City Among 3 World Cities Selected To Partner With California by Francis5: 9:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
Duh!
Re: A Nigeria City Among 3 World Cities Selected To Partner With California by Macelliot(m): 9:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
Thank be to God.
Kudos Obiano for a job well done.
Obiano won the best Governor for the year 2014. An Intelligent Economist.

I was astonished when Waec and Jamb release their results stating that Anambra is the Best state with 67% Five(5) and above Credits(including maths & english) in WAEC and highest number of best performing Jamb candidates ahead of undefeatable Lagos state.
#impressed.
Re: A Nigeria City Among 3 World Cities Selected To Partner With California by Macelliot(m): 10:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
The First made in Nigeria car was built in Anambra.

(1) (Reply)

AIG Mbu Arrests Man With Dog While On Patrol. / With 25% Election Requirement Pdp Wins / Have We Suddenly Forgotten That GMB Eligibility Suit Is Still In Court?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.