Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Neckbreaking Inflation In Nigeria, But Benin City Among The Leaders. Please Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Neckbreaking Inflation In Nigeria, But Benin City Among The Leaders. Please Why? (727 Views)

I Support One Nigeria But We Must Restructure - Orji Kalu / We Deserve The Leaders We Get: GEJ Vs The APC, Buhari And The Change In One Pic / President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neckbreaking Inflation In Nigeria, But Benin City Among The Leaders. Please Why? by Heffalump(m): 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
We hear a lot of complaints about the current hardship in the country due to the economic recession staring boldly in our face as citizens of this country. In a situation like this, it is not uncommon to witness varying degrees of prices of staple foods, construction materials/equipment, and other goods and services within the country, like in the case of stable economy. This difference in prices could be with little margins under normal circumstance.

What is actually alarming this time is the high and astronomical cost of living in Benin City, Edo state compared to neighboring states like Delta, Ondo, and Lagos. Statistical evidence have proven this fact mentioned here. For instance, a bag of foreign rice which sells for bw 14k to 16k in Lagos goes for 20k -22k in Benin city. This high differential in price is also applicable to building materials and other goods. I have heard a lot of people make arguments about this issue, while some are "for" others are 'against" this hypothesis drawn up here. Edo State by extension, is explicitly a civil service state and not industrialized to support burgeoning economic activities, where there is high liquidity and capital in circulation. The state has also witnessed thriving small and medium scale business entrepreneurs struggling to make a living.

Infact, let me not burg you with too much writing.

Ladies and Gents, please lets have your opinion. tongue
Re: Neckbreaking Inflation In Nigeria, But Benin City Among The Leaders. Please Why? by thesicilian: 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
I have never really understood the high cost of living in Benin City. Right from time things have always been expensive in Benin, and its not as if there's any major port or industry in the place.

1 Like

Re: Neckbreaking Inflation In Nigeria, But Benin City Among The Leaders. Please Why? by locosis007(m): 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
I think they don't want THE OBA OF BENIN to use rice during his coronation. Lolz.

That aside. Benin is quite expensive, not for anything but for lack of Domestic produces... THEY ALL CAN FIT INTO CIVIL SERVICE. AND EVERY GOVT THAT COMES IN CIRCUMVENT DOMESTIC PRODUCE ISSUES, TALKS MAINLY OF ROAD AND SCHOOL. FORGETTING STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE.
Re: Neckbreaking Inflation In Nigeria, But Benin City Among The Leaders. Please Why? by gebest: 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
U must be day dreaming, come to Akure u ll kn dat Benin is saint, d whole southwest Akure is d most expensive place to buy either food items, building materials, pure water, transport, kerosene, fufu, drugs, bread, beef, chicken, Bros abeg no make me vex i kn fit count again.
Re: Neckbreaking Inflation In Nigeria, But Benin City Among The Leaders. Please Why? by Jesusloveyou: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
dollars always flow-in from abroad, most family has someone in abroad. and is affecting those that have-not, we all go to the same market, and igbo pple are taking advantage of that and with the election coming-up.

2 Likes

Re: Neckbreaking Inflation In Nigeria, But Benin City Among The Leaders. Please Why? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
dollars always flow-in from abroad, most family has someone in abroad. and is affecting those that have-not, we all go to the same market, and the smart pple are taking advantage of that and with the election coming-up.
kiss
Re: Neckbreaking Inflation In Nigeria, But Benin City Among The Leaders. Please Why? by Heffalump(m): 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
dollars always flow-in from abroad, most family has someone in abroad. and is affecting those that have-not, we all go to the same market, and igbo pple are taking advantage of that and with the election coming-up.

Very correct. Virtually every young man and woman in Benin wants to travel. They constitute a fair percentage of Nigerians sojourning in foreign lands.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Another Crisis Brews In APC Over Aregbesola’s Visit To Fayose / Dasuki's Case: FG Makes SHOCKING Pledge! / 'my Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' [PHOTO VERSION]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.