Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,728 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

POEM: Deep Things That Plague My Night - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / POEM: Deep Things That Plague My Night (667 Views)

My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. / My Night With A Blogger (part 2) / My Night Took A Surprising Turn (A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

POEM: Deep Things That Plague My Night by lordthunderbolt(m): 11:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
This thoughts keep plaguing me every night...Why are people of Africa always believing on ethnicity nepotism and always about their selves ?

Many souls are wasted in hatred
Genocides...yet pain are not debated
Still on the altars of the segregated
Lives on the balance are shredded

Without love they burn
With religion they philter
Without knowledge they suffer
With all...They become unbelievable gangster

Around our skin lies this ethnic disease
The blame shift and religious believes
Political mischieve
Societal hatred they conceive
All around the night
They segregate even the grass
How can you purge chlorophyll from plants?
Africa! My Africa!! What are your plans
Bent heads are sad, not deep in thoughts
The smiling face grieves in hurt
Good men chased from their hut
Greed and hatred, they bled and rot
Deeper things of ours, left in the mud
My heart bent in distrust

Many souls are worn on soles
If treachery could be hung on poles
Innocence not buried in the cold
Patriotism isn't hoarded on ethnic nepotism
Bribery weren't in the police periphery
My deeper thoughts in the night
Would be Africa buried in black diamonds
Shaped in black
Caped deeper into the night
Re: POEM: Deep Things That Plague My Night by EverestdeBliu(m): 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
Great idea,but need more development on your grammatical structure,choice of diction and metre.
After citing the loopholes and ills of Africa,you would have concluded in a tone of hope and faith and believe.
Nice work still.

1 Like

Re: POEM: Deep Things That Plague My Night by lordthunderbolt(m): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Great idea,but need more development on your grammatical structure,choice of diction and metre.
After citing the loopholes and ills of Africa,you would have concluded in a tone of hope and faith and believe.
Nice work still.

thanks deawie.....I thought everyone concludes that way and that makes our readers happy. ....but this time I choosed to make them sad on the ills of the country while framing up Africa.....Thanks for your advise am happy you contributed thanks am grateful

(1) (Reply)

Ugomma And Her Adventures / behaviours during Examination Period / WOLE SOYINKA: A DEITY IN DISGUISE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.