Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. (2689 Views)

One Night In Ibeshe (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / My Night With A Blogger (part 2) / My Night Took A Surprising Turn (A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by OnowuNdiigbo(m): 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
... It was a cool evening, We have just finish digging trenches in our street. When I decided to visit my mother and sisters who are living a stone-throw from where I live. On reaching there I saw them standing up with a man who is a boyfriend to my sister who is now down on stroke.
On sighting me, they start arguing wether I can do it or not. I asked them what is it? They told me that it is to take my sister to a prayer ground using bike, I told them I can.
Then my mum told me-
mum: You will take Uka to ovoko while Ngozi will be conveyed by the other man to a prayer ground in Ovoko, you will have to spend the night there.
Ngozi is the sick one. On hearing this, I was alarmed, me going to a prayer ground to spend the night at a far distance? I thought.
I tried to refuse but they presurize me to go. I couldn't even wash my body, I changed my cloth, put on my huge chaplet, since they said it is a non-catholic prayer I want them to know that I am a catholic.

We began the most terrible journey I ever hard my 7:22 and reach there by 9:10. It was on the way that my sister told me that the place we are going might be a shrine because thd man once was visited them with a white sutan like a monk. I became more affraid.
On reaching the front part of the house, I saw a sign board with the inscription WELCOME TO THE BROTHERHOOD OF CROSS AND STAR HEALING CENTRE.
Did the cross and star have brothers? Or this is a cult camp? I thought.
When we entered, I saw the pastor or whatever wearing a white sudan and red belt sitting beside a table. On the tabe is A huge bell, a white table cloth, a big bible.I nearly laugh out loud because the designing resemble that of fake prophets in Nollywood movies.
We were made to understand that prayer begin by 11pm and end by 2am, then the second round begin by 4am till daybreak.
All the sides of the wall have the pictures and calender of Olumba Olumba Obu the founder and his son Rowland wearing Red cloth.
We are made to sleep on a sack-mat on the ground and wait for 11pm prayer.
Imagine me Onowu sleeping on the ground for a night? Chai! I don die today! I thought.
Do u need more or you are tired?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by Meajor(m): 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
Watching with 3d shocked shocked
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by OnowuNdiigbo(m): 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
Meajor:
Watching with 3d shocked shocked
Thanks for ur time, Bro

1 Like

Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by Ellyne(f): 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
Interesting!Abeg,i can't wait for the next update. Oya gimme more .

1 Like

Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by OnowuNdiigbo(m): 8:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
... I try to lie down and sleep on the floor but the pain involved couldn't allow me to. Then I remembered that wikipedia is free using airtel sim. So I open my browser and search for the religion history. After reading for a while, I moved and sat outside, join nairaland and start reading YoungTemy's post. But cold forced me to go inside. I sat on the mat and check my time. It was 11:02 and yet the two men are dicussion outside.

Few minuites later the prayer started. There is a candle stand outside that look like an image of a goddess, they are two in number, one in the front and second in the backyard. The prayer started. My sick sister sat inside. While me, my second sister. The pastor and the other man went of for prayer. We moved to one candle stand and my sister was asked to pray. She said some prayer then we moved to the other candle and the other man prayed. Then we moved inside.
A woman inside was wearing a white gown and sitting on thesame sack. When we entered, The pastor rang the bell twice and asked the woman to start reading the bible, psalm precisely... If He quote the bible, the woman will read it and we repeat each sentence she made. It is like we want to cram the whole psalm.
After reading about 7 chapters in psalm, we thought it is time to sleep. But the pastor told us that the candles outside will produce a gun-like sound before we sleep. So, we started the psalm reading afresh! Awaiting for gun sounds.
Three words crossed my mind.
I DON DIE!
To be continued...
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by Meajor(m): 11:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
I just dey wait...buh its taking too long na...
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by OnowuNdiigbo(m): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2017
Meajor:
I just dey wait...buh its taking too long na...
my battery is low, I will upload more later
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by Clitx(f): 8:39am On Feb 18, 2017
LWKMD
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by OnowuNdiigbo(m): 7:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
Clitx:
LWKMD
Clitx:
LWKMD
grin
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by Khayil(m): 7:43am On Feb 19, 2017
grin
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by OnowuNdiigbo(m): 11:26am On Feb 19, 2017
cheesy... I felt so sleepy, So I lie down on top of the mat, but I could n't sleep, I was waiting to hear the sound produced by the candle stick/stand. I heard the man that accompanied us to the place saying:
`We are praying and he is not responding after he will join one of the cults outside`. I laughed silently.
At about 2:30 am, we heard the expected sound, though it wasn't so loud. It sound like a knockout twice i.e frontyard and backyard.

We all slept by the time and was awakened by the repeated sound of the bell by 4:00am. I am already having headache then but I manage to listen to him praying along.
His language was english but sound more like a cultist. He begin his sentence with english and end it with a strange language like a native doctor. The prayer was endless, He prayed till daybreak.

In the morning. He gave us some liquid medicine. A concortion and told us that a goat will visit us and eat anything that the goat see in our compound. He beg us sincerely not to kill or harm the goat. I guess the goat have visited us as He said but that is a story for another day.

Thanks for reading.
Drop a comment or question for clarification!
cheesy grin
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by yungking100(m): 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
[i][/i]u kidding me
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by OnowuNdiigbo(m): 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
yungking100:
[i][/i]u kidding me
It is a true story and it happened last month.
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by YungTemy(m): 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2017
Dope... Suspense filled.
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by OnowuNdiigbo(m): 9:37am On Feb 26, 2017
YungTemy:
Dope... Suspense filled.
Thank you Bro cheesy
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
OnowuNdiigbo:

It is a true story and it happened last month.
I hope your sister got her healing. Interesting write up by the way.
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by OnowuNdiigbo(m): 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
candy:
Not fully recovered, stroke cure is a is a gradual process.
Thanks for ur concern.
Re: My Night In Olumba Olumba Healing Centre. by OnowuNdiigbo(m): 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
candy:
Not fully recovered, stroke cure is a gradual process.
Thanks for ur concern.

(1) (Reply)

Origin. A Novel By Dan Brown / David Finley - A Short Crime Thriller / Get Your Book Published, For Free!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.