Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? (1085 Views)

Benjamin Uwajumogu Gets Certificate Of Return From INEC(Pix) / Kogi State Election Public Notice Coming From INEC / See Photos Of The Woman Who Cried As Buhari Received His Certificate From INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? by AustineE1: 6:50am On Mar 20, 2015
I have since followed the argument for or against the use of PVCs for the forthcoming elections and then came the issue of card readers.I do have my reservations on the use of card readers but that is a story for another day.
Something surprising happened,a friend of mine who duely registered,got his TVC,at the due time for the collection of the PVCs,he went from one INEC office to the other,only to be told that his PVC was either missing or not available,this happened months back.Along came INEC window for those who missed out from the previous PVC to register and get a new one.My friend did accordingly and this time he got two permanent PVCs from the distribution center and even said that some people from his area got as much as three PVCs.I wld ve taken a screen shot of his two PVCs but for security and personal reasons,i decided not to.
what bothers me most is that our 'Almighty' INEC doesn't have the capacity to track multiple registraion?
Secondly,this registration was done in error by my friend after INEC asked people who cldnt get their PVCs to register again,but then giving two PVCs from same area or polling unit,tells alot about the forthcoming elections!
What this may imply is that politicians may take advantage of these loopholes to crone PVCs and rig the elections.How are we so sure that the card readers wont also fail to dictate these anomalies?With the finger printing technology having largely reported to have failed around the world,Nigerians shouldnt expect much from it!
How free and fair can this election be?more questions than answers,your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 20, 2015
Jegajaga is an incompetent contractor chairman at INEC.
Re: Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? by clevvermind(m): 6:55am On Mar 20, 2015
are these what apc going to say if they lose?
Re: Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? by jaybee3(m): 6:57am On Mar 20, 2015
AustineE1:
I have since followed the argument for or against the use of PVCs for the forthcoming elections and then came the issue of card readers.I do have my reservations on the use of card readers but that is a story for another day.
Something surprising happened,a friend of mine who duely registered,got his TVC,at the due time for the collection of the PVCs,he went from one INEC office to the other,only to be told that his PVC was either missing or not available,this happened months back.Along came INEC window for those who missed out from the previous PVC to register and get a new one.My friend did accordingly and this time he got two permanent PVCs from the distribution center and even said that some people from his area got as much as three PVCs.I wld ve taken a screen shot of his two PVCs but for security and personal reasons,i decided not to.
what bothers me most is that our 'Almighty' INEC doesn't have the capacity to track multiple registraion?
Secondly,this registration was done in error by my friend after INEC asked people who cldnt get their PVCs to register again,but then giving two PVCs from same area or polling unit,tells alot about the forthcoming elections!
What this may imply is that politicians may take advantage of these loopholes to crone PVCs and rig the elections.How are we so sure that the card readers wont also fail to dictate these anomalies?With the finger printing technology having largely reported to have failed around the world,Nigerians shouldnt expect much from it!
How free and fair can this election be?more questions than answers,your guess is as good as mine.
Barcode numbers exactly the same?
Bio details exactly the same?

The voting procedure has been extensively explained:
Your PVC is restricted to any given polling unit
There is a set limit for each polling unit
There is an accreditation window allowed to weed out such anomalies whereby it's impossible to get acrredited twice
Re: Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? by Rainmaker69(m): 7:25am On Mar 20, 2015
If as you claim you've been following the developments you would know that the pvc has a 2 step verification process that involves biometric verification. If you like have 180 million pvcs, you can only have 1 set of fingerprints. Once you've been verified, that's it. All your other pvcs become useless.

Please try to gather information before opening threads like this. Don't give Nigerian youths a bad name.

2 Likes

Re: Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? by AustineE1: 7:37am On Mar 20, 2015
jaybee3:

Barcode numbers exactly the same?
Bio details exactly the same?

The voting procedure has been extensively explained:
Your PVC is restricted to any given polling unit
There is a set limit for each polling unit
There is an accreditation window allowed to weed out such anomalies whereby it's impossible to get acrredited twice
If the PVC is restricted to a given polling unit,what if the PVCs collected by my friend where from different polling units?dont you think that people with multiple registration may not be tracked because you can change names and other information and data during registration.INEC has hinged its hope on the ability of its system to disqualify multiple registration through finger prints, but i can authoritatively tell you that commercial finger printing technology has a high failure rate.Google will tell you that even samsung with all the technology available to them,yet the finger print device on their high end phones is a monumental failure.Even microsoft has to out-source Finger print technology for their window phones!
Re: Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? by jaybee3(m): 7:44am On Mar 20, 2015
AustineE1:

because you can change names and other information and data during registration.

!
How?
Re: Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? by AustineE1: 7:51am On Mar 20, 2015
Rainmaker69:
If as you claim you've been following the developments you would know that the pvc has a 2 step verification process that involves biometric verification. If you like have 180 million pvcs, you can only have 1 set of fingerprints. Once you've been verified, that's it. All your other pvcs become useless.

Please try to gather information before opening threads like this. Don't give Nigerian youths a bad name.
not to worry young man,we will be back after the elections and we will get an on the field assessment from Nigerians who went to vote and i can assure you that the large number of system failure may undermine the effective conduct of the elections.This things are easier said on the paper than done.I cant wait for 28 of march to come.In any case,those who are now applauding the system may be the ones complaining at the end of the day.
Re: Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? by AustineE1: 7:58am On Mar 20, 2015
jaybee3:

How?
I only want you to know that with different names,you can do multiple registeratn in different polling units but according to INEC that you will be weeded out via your finger prints.But the point is that Finger print system constantly fails and leaves loopholes for politicians to manipulate the PVC.Get it!
Re: Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? by sosanova: 8:07am On Mar 20, 2015
Sentiments n politics aside...elections next week will be marred by malfunctioning card readers n people not seeing their names...I just hope the security operatives will be at high alert next Saturday cos massive protests n rioting will erupt during next week presidential elections....
Re: Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? by emiye(m): 8:43am On Mar 20, 2015
There is a room for human error, but i bet it will be negligible to have effect on the overall result, that situation of multiple card for one person in a polling booth is barely 0.01% of the case, so there is 99.99% of those who had only one card and , the 0.01% is still within aceptable error limit.
Re: Is This An Oversight From INEC Or Has The PVC System Failed From The Onset? by jaybee3(m): 8:47am On Mar 20, 2015
AustineE1:

I only want you to know that with different names,you can do multiple registeratn in different polling units but according to INEC that you will be weeded out via your finger prints.But the point is that Finger print system constantly fails and leaves loopholes for politicians to manipulate the PVC.Get it!
You've danced around my question bro

Let me ask again, how do you suppose it's possible for potential riggers to change the biometric details on their PVC and also effect the change on the INEC database within the accreditation window

(1) (Reply)

Holy Sh***t Oga Gej Will Win This Election / A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo / #‎taraba‬ Final Guber Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.