Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari (20046 Views)

Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse / Mu’azu In Fresh Trouble Over Jonathan / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by aceguy1(m): 7:07am On Mar 20, 2015
LAGOS — THE South-West geo-political zone was split, yesterday, as Yoruba leaders and elders were sharply divided over who to vote for in the March 28 presidential polls between President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Divided into two groups, the leaders held parallel summits in Ibadan and Lagos and took divergent positions on what the Yoruba should do in the coming elections with reasons. While those at the Ibadan gathering were mostly for Buhari, the Lagos crowd rooted for Jonathan.

Those at the event included Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Samuel Odulana; General Alani Akinrinade (retd), Governors Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo) and Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Chief Rita Lori-Ogbebor and Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola.

In Lagos for President Jonathan were Chief Ayo Adebanjo, Governor Olusegun Mimiko, Dr Frederick Fasehun, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro and Chief Olabode George among others.
See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/yoruba-elders-split-over-jonathan-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 20, 2015
I have said it here before that Yoruba votes will be split and shared between GEJ & GMB. GEJ will get more than the required number of votes and will eventually win the presidential elections. smiley

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by centmichael101(m): 7:41am On Mar 20, 2015
Yoruba leaders and elders playing WIN WIN game on PDP and APC's head'

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by Ogbuefienubiaka: 7:53am On Mar 20, 2015
Gone are the days where one politician will compel everybody to vote for his candidates and they will follow him. Today politics is more advanced than APC mere propaganda without substance. Votes will be divided and my humble and amiable presido will carry the day.

GEJ till 2019

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by angrybird007: 7:53am On Mar 20, 2015
OUR(yoruba)vote is for the GENERAL.
We love him so much kiss
He's the best kiss
It's either BUHARI or noting.
Click like for BUHARI and forget about GEJ

261 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by pring: 7:53am On Mar 20, 2015
Look at Jonathans camp, likes the association of certified criminals.
Bode George, Obanikoro, etc.
I keep telling people, lagos is better and working under tinubu's control than being in the hands of this aforementioned.
Jonathan likes division.
Wants to use his dollars to divide the yorubas n the rest of Nigerias.
Nigeria today is more divided than ever in its history.
Jonathan and PDP are certified failures.
Thank God people are wiser.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by Bonapart(m): 7:53am On Mar 20, 2015
If them like make them shoot a.k 50 over them.....
#givebuhariachance

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 20, 2015
I have no doubt @ αℓℓ tht Buhari 'll surly get more votes in yoruba land

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by simplemach(m): 7:54am On Mar 20, 2015
Nemesis is already catching up with them. Wether they like it or not, its GEJ till 2019,
By then all the opposition should have repented.

15 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by eleojo23: 7:54am On Mar 20, 2015
Who appointed them elders? How much influence do they have?

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:55am On Mar 20, 2015
"...CHANGE can only come when we stand together as one"
Whoever is in power,let's support him; parties don't build a nation,the collective effort of the PEOPLE is the needed resources for Nation building.
#Lets build this Nation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by GogetterMD(m): 7:55am On Mar 20, 2015
The dollarmen/con men in Lagos. And some agbayas also in ibadan. Them go follow us go polling booth to help us thumbprint?
Still GMB/PYO for a greater Nigeria

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by Mynd44: 7:55am On Mar 20, 2015
The Olubadan said that?

lmao.

Hey this report is not complete. Even Alao Akala whobis supposedly a GEJ man was with the Olubadan and his team.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 20, 2015
To all the change agents....this is for you.
1. PDP does not have the monopoly of corruption in Nigeria. PDP is as corrupt as APC and every other party in Nigeria.

2. Change goes beyond a mere chant word. The change we need in Nigeria is a structural one. A change that will ensure equity and fairness.

3. The current constitution is a product of the Northern establishment and they will always kick against anything that will put them in a precarious situation.

4. If buhari gets to power, do u think he will support the restructuring the country knowing fully well it will put the North at a disadvantage.

I as a person support GEJ for a no of reasons. Not because he is the best, but cos I see sincerity, though most of his plans are not going according to plan. The yoruba for many decades have been clamouring for a national conference. Even the actors in the APC have clamoured for it at one time or the other. Including tinubu aregbe and other notable APC stalwarts. But now that we have it, they want to jettison it cos of political expediency.

To all the change agents, get a copy of the recommendations of the national confab and go through. This is the only thing that will bring true change. Let's not be deceived by the broom wielders. Change is a process not an event...

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by sCun: 7:55am On Mar 20, 2015
Yorubas should spend more time collecting their PVCs rather than making noise all over the place.
They have the lowest PVC collection rate in the country.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by Swiftboy(m): 7:56am On Mar 20, 2015
Hahaha my people are smart...they'll win if its Goodluck or Buhari! Yoruba I salute oh. Ekaro! grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by intergral(m): 7:56am On Mar 20, 2015
Nigerians what more are you waiting for?
1. This man poured pepper in your eyes and you'll keep quiet.
2 He used niddle to pierce your eyes again you still kept quiet..
3. And now you want him to go back so that he can use his hand to plug out the eyes before you talk.....
Voting out PDP will not only remove an incompetent government but teach our present and future leaders that when they mess up we still have the power to bring them down.... Let's join hands and vote buhari and if he is not ok for us we kick him out.... Assuming you have two children name APC and PDP which one will you trust with your business? Is it the one that will tell you how he will manage your business or the one that bribes his uncles so that they can be you to make him your successor? This is high time we take this serious, REMEMBER 4YEARS CAN CHANGE ONE's LIFE FOREVER just like what you study for 4years in the university and your performance will determine 70% of your success in LIFE..........
Remember I »INTEGRATE«
#WISE-NIGERIANS

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by Firefire(m): 7:56am On Mar 20, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have said it here before that Yoruba votes will be split and shared between GEJ & GMB. GEJ will get more than the required number of votes and will eventually win the presidential elections. smiley

I agree with you absolutely.

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by misterchris(m): 7:56am On Mar 20, 2015
What do you expect... When all they get to use is split a/c
Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by loomer: 7:56am On Mar 20, 2015
Make una kuku vote for me na, so that quarrel go end
Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by tdayof(m): 7:57am On Mar 20, 2015
Rubbish
Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by santity100: 7:57am On Mar 20, 2015
Are they voting on our behalf ?

Do they have all the yorubas PVC ?

All man for himself ..

He is a provincial, insensitive, callous, selfish, clueless, top-of-the-range incompetent President who woke up one day with power and has spent half a decade still wondering what to do with it

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by Babaneh(m): 7:57am On Mar 20, 2015
The sensible ones amongst them are those that have received dollar and still decides to vote for change...

Sai Baba!!! Sai Buhari

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by hotswagg12: 7:57am On Mar 20, 2015
Okay
Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by stronger: 7:57am On Mar 20, 2015
Wait, Yoruba Elders split over GEJ and GMB? So?? How many are they? max 78! let them split it na.

How does that stop LAGOS and most of the SW from voting for change? Please these people should stop making irrelevant stuff news!

**You think I will vote for a CLUELESS govt because an "elder" says so.
**You think I will vote for someone that has marginalised the yorubas because an elder that has collected dollars tells me to?
**You think I will abandon our distinguished son PROF PASTOR OSIBANJO because Elder Bode George says so?

You guys must be joking! BUHARI ALL THE WAY!!!

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by Uncletony(m): 7:57am On Mar 20, 2015
Elders 4 their pocket!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by Fadre7(m): 7:57am On Mar 20, 2015
The problem that we have is the President himself- a President who prides himself on his own weakness and incompetence and whose love of false prophets and strange women knows no bounds and has no end. A President who is as confused and as clueless as the comic character called Chancey Gardner in the celebrated 1970′s Peter Seller’s Hollywood blockbuster titled ”Being There”.
A President who does not understand the meaning of the word ”class” or ”honesty” and who breaks his own word consistently.
A President who has abdicated his responsibilities, destroyed his own political party, divided his own country, alienated his own friends, humiliated his own mentor, abandoned his own people, brought ridicule to his own faith, cowers before his own officials, betrays his own governors, scorns the international community and breaks his solemn oath to protect and defend the Nigerian people.
A President who does not even have the nerve or the guts to call to order any of the numerous Jezebels that control him. He is the problem we have in our country today and until he resigns, is impeached or is voted out of power nothing will change and Nigeria will continue to go from bad to worse. That is what you get when you vote for a man who never wore shoes to school.
May God deliver our country

#vote wisely, dnt be deceived by enthnic sentiments or religious bigotry

#Sai ßaßa......Aþc

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by snowland(m): 7:57am On Mar 20, 2015
It really beats my imagination how someone would think that one old man/woman that does not contribute a shine kobo to my success in life will be the one telling me who I should commit my future and those of my unborn generations to. I only hear of these so called Yoruba Elders on paper or in the news. How have they contributed to the development of Yorubaland?. They have been developing their private pockets without having any considerations for the masses. And now that elections are around the corners, they are running from pillars to posts seeking who they will manipulate. If at age 18+, someone is still being manipulated on who to vote for, that person needs to visit Oshun river for deliverance. No Yoruba Elder dictates my life. Even my daddy over over 70 years can NEVER tell me who to vote for.

Yoruba Elders my smelly foot.

As I always say, they are all Bunch of Silly Jokers.

12 Likes

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by dexterinc2003: 7:58am On Mar 20, 2015
dollars working

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari by mrrock: 7:58am On Mar 20, 2015
Only a brainwashed Yoruba man/woman will vote for Buhari.
Buhari have a documented history of hatred for Yorubas, he sent innocent Yoruba men to prison. Innocent people such as Fela Anikulapokuti, Bola Ige, PA Ajasin, the list is endless.
And when a metro rail line that would have eased transportation in Lagos state for good came along he canceled the project preferring instead to develop Kano.

Tinubu's greed and selfishness will lead Yorubas to the gallows.

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Didn’t Win Elections In S’east – Kalu / CCT Trail: Why Aso Rock Cabal Saved Saraki - Authorityngr.com / "I Will Never Forget Your Sacrifices" - President Buhari Tells His Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.