Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,905 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

A Good Non-dslr Camera. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / A Good Non-dslr Camera. (1608 Views)

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* / I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! / The Dslr Camera! The Future! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Good Non-dslr Camera. by tallnaijaf: 7:34am On Jan 18, 2009
Can someone advise me on a good
digital Camera?
I have been playing around with the idea
of amateur photography, and would like a good camera
that would not be costing an arm and a leg.
If you know of a good one i would love to hear about it.
Thank You.
Re: A Good Non-dslr Camera. by koye: 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2009
photography isn't bad but you'll need to be more than an amateur to climb. what you need is a 'bridge camera' , semi professional. try a fuji s6500fd or S5600. it's SLR styled (body), Zoom and Focus rings and i must say it beats some SLR in some departments. google it and let me know what you feel.
Re: A Good Non-dslr Camera. by tallnaijaf: 6:35am On Jan 24, 2009
koye:

photography isn't bad but you'll need to be more than an amateur to climb. what you need is a 'bridge camera' , semi professional.  try a fuji s6500fd or S5600. it's SLR styled (body), Zoom and Focus rings and i must say it beats some SLR in some departments. google it and let me know what you feel.

I looked at it.
i think i would have a very hard time in getting one.
Also it was said to be slow, not good for use as an action/sport capturing camera.
The sensor size and mp combination should give good IQ shots
however the current crop of zoom camera with wide angle would put
the 10x zoom to shame.
Also I dont think I would like proprietary batteries, i would more lean towards
having lithium or alkaline rechargeable.

I thank you for your input, and would ask your opinion on the Canon sx10 is
which i have heard about.
Re: A Good Non-dslr Camera. by koye: 2:23pm On Jan 27, 2009
i checked out the canon and it's looking decked out and that's my fear with too sophisticated camera, so much settings that you may not use or remember you have. it's got loads of zoom i just hope the image stabilizing system can match the zoom. it would've been lovely if it had zoom rings. since you're interested in this, you might start looking towards a modest slr since the prices are almost competitive.
Re: A Good Non-dslr Camera. by tallnaijaf: 11:53pm On Mar 04, 2009
Actually I like the cam because of its dual functionality.
Still cam and vidcam.
Re: A Good Non-dslr Camera. by dotunadeng(m): 11:23pm On Mar 06, 2009
Hey, please i need a place or an address where i can get DSLR equipments at reasonable cost.
Like somewhere in eko idumota or something,i need Canon EOS 400D camera and some lens, please, any info?
Re: A Good Non-dslr Camera. by Lfunk: 11:36am On Apr 08, 2009
Try the Panasonic DMC-TZ5
Re: A Good Non-dslr Camera. by tallnaijaf: 7:19pm On Apr 10, 2009
L_funk:

Try the Panasonic DMC-TZ5
Too small, and have issue with fast panning.
Re: A Good Non-dslr Camera. by minto(m): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2009
Though I own 2 dslr cameras,I've been going everywhere with my sony dsc-w1 and I can tell you, Im never disappointed. It is solidly built with excellent image quality. It's just 5megapix, 3x optical zoom, with in-built image crop and resize function among others. The program and auto modes allow for stress-free point and shoot but I always opt for manual shots which is also easy to compose with this camera. Some says that it's too bulky but in my opinion a camera needs some weight to take steady shots. Unfortunately it has been discontinued. I bought mine on ebay a year ago and it's still in perfect working condition.
Re: A Good Non-dslr Camera. by tallnaijaf: 4:55am On Apr 13, 2009
@minto
could you please put a couple photos
done with the Sony for perusal
something without post processing.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help,i Want To Edit My Movie,how Do I Remove The Scenes I Don't Like? / Lets Get To Know Ourselves And Our Talents And Put Up A Project For Ourselves / Custom E-brochure Design: Why Do You Need This For Your Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.