Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,472 members, 7,846,968 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:39 AM

Opinion: Certain Jobs You Don't Accept. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Opinion: Certain Jobs You Don't Accept. (581 Views)

7 Jobs You Can Do Without A University Degree / 3 Jobs You Should Never Make Careers / 13 High Paying Side Jobs You Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Certain Jobs You Don't Accept. by solidifi: 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
Though this a personal choice or preference. I never liked the following jobs:
1) Police work (Nigerian Police)
2) Bank work
3) PA - Personal Assistant.

Reasons:
(Nigerian) Policemen are worse than armed robbers. They are liars.

Bank work is as good as ashawo work. It eats your time. It makes you live a fake lifestyle with or without you knowing it. Makes you count and safe-keep other people's money and talk in millions even when you don't have. Makes you keep looking for bank jobs when you are out of one bank. Makes you unfit for most other jobs in other establishments. Finally renders you useless when you are out of bank work.

PA job appears to me like a ''boy-boy'' (house boy) job. I can't imagine myself attached to my fellow man like super glue. His movement and lifestyle determine my own, God forbid. Instead, I join local women in one local market and sell crayfish.

This is my position on these jobs. Let's hear or read yours.
Thanx.
Re: Opinion: Certain Jobs You Don't Accept. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
U still dey chop your papa food abi?
Re: Opinion: Certain Jobs You Don't Accept. by solidifi: 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
I have a good job. But just an opinion I want us to share. Others can learn from it and not to make mistakes. I do know that jobs are hard to find these days. But you cannot because the ''Lamb of God is dead, you now kill yourself with lamb meat pepper soup''.
Re: Opinion: Certain Jobs You Don't Accept. by Maccoy1(m): 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
Oga make i hear word....e be like say na 4 ur papa dining table where you sit down chop indomie na im you sit doWN right this poo...most you condem all the policemen on uniform because you hear bad reports about them
Re: Opinion: Certain Jobs You Don't Accept. by solidifi: 2:22pm On Mar 20, 2015
I am a Nigerian living in Nigeria. From your contribution, I can deduce that you are still a teenager. Anyway, is an opinion like I said. Pray to have no encounter with the Nigerian policemen when they meet you with some money or when they are in need of money.
But what of the other jobs? Are my observations right?
Re: Opinion: Certain Jobs You Don't Accept. by CrazyMan(m): 8:31am On Mar 21, 2015
solidifi:
Though this a personal choice or preference. I never liked the following jobs:
1) Police work (Nigerian Police)
2) Bank work
3) PA - Personal Assistant.

Reasons:
(Nigerian) Policemen are worse than armed robbers. They are liars.

Bank work is as good as ashawo work. It eats your time. It makes you live a fake lifestyle with or without you knowing it. Makes you count and safe-keep other people's money and talk in millions even when you don't have. Makes you keep looking for bank jobs when you are out of one bank. Makes you unfit for most other jobs in other establishments. Finally renders you useless when you are out of bank work.

PA job appears to me like a ''boy-boy'' (house boy) job. I can't imagine myself attached to my fellow man like super glue. His movement and lifestyle determine my own, God forbid. Instead, I join local women in one local market and sell crayfish.

This is my position on these jobs. Let's hear or read yours.
Thanx.
Its quite easy to say when you already have a good job. Cos if you're yet to secure a good job, and you become choosy with the available ones on ground, with time Mr. unemployment would begin to take a toll on you. And believe me, you'll even consider security jobs, tanker driver jobs...etc, just to make ends meet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Certain Jobs You Don't Accept. by yhusiee(f): 5:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
Puuuhllleeezzzz!!! Grow up!

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Do If Your Colleague Becomes Your New Boss? / Job Offer For Abuja Resident Only / Human Resource Mgt And Learning HRIS Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.