Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,181 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

APC Warns Deeper Life To Stop Misleading Christians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Warns Deeper Life To Stop Misleading Christians (1327 Views)

Rivers APC Warns Banks Against Giving Wike Loans / APC Warns Against Last-minute Looting, THE PUNCH. / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Warns Deeper Life To Stop Misleading Christians by kingjoo: 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has
warned the Deeper Life Bible Church and its
founder, Pastor William Kumuyi to stop
misleading Nigerians, reports Daily Independent.
The party was reacting to comments credited to
the church advising Christian clerics to stay away
from politics.
Pastor Kumuyi, who was represented by the Delta
State overseer of the church, Senior Pastor
Obinna Nkemjika, had during a media briefing in
Asaba, argued that a cleric, who involves himself
in political activities, had engaged in mundane
things and lacks the vision for his pastoral
calling.
The party has, however, disagreed with the
church, noting that the people would not be
liberated from the shackles of oppression if
anointed men of God do not take up the mantle of
leadership.
Isaac Adaka Adakpo, State Publicity Secretary of
the party in Delta State, noted that the era has
come for politics to be christianized.
He stated that Christians have no reason to
complain if the ungodly ones find their ways into
the helms of affairs because they were afforded
the same opportunity.

Source: www.news24.com.ng/Elections/News/APC-warns-Deeper-Life-to-stop-misleading-Christians-20150320
Re: APC Warns Deeper Life To Stop Misleading Christians by emmasege: 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
That's the gospel truth coming from an uncompromising voice of God in Nigeria. Hear, what he has not said: he didn't say Christians should not participate in politics. That said, a man with pastoral calling is unfit to pastor a church given the fact that (1) politics is dirty, stinking & can contaminate his calling, (2) congregation members most likely will comprise different political interests. On which side will he be?. And that's why I give it to established Christian denominations like mine (Baptist) & others (Catholic, Anglican, Methodist). You can't retain pastoral calling and yet go into politics. You have to resign first, informing everyone that you are no longer a pastor before even announcing ur ambition.
I hope Pastor Adeboye addresses this aberration in the RCCG ASAP. I was shocked a few days back when a devout RCCG member told me she doesn't believe Yemi Osinbajo is a Christian.
May God bless and keep Pastor Kumuyi for this perverse generation.
Re: APC Warns Deeper Life To Stop Misleading Christians by Dunamis009: 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
APC sha, dose ppl lack d fear of God!
Re: APC Warns Deeper Life To Stop Misleading Christians by jacabi(m): 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
I was thinking what could be the reason APC would warn DLBC.
Re: APC Warns Deeper Life To Stop Misleading Christians by dotfam2104(m): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
Dunamis009:
APC sha, dose ppl lack d fear of God!
.... ow plzz?
Re: APC Warns Deeper Life To Stop Misleading Christians by ademega(m): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
If the people are enjoying that is a disadvantage for the church .church will natutrally slim fit
Re: APC Warns Deeper Life To Stop Misleading Christians by DRealGeesam(m): 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
I don't agree with deeperlife on this.

TIRED OF USING A GENERATOR?Get Free electricity from Solar energy EVERYDAY
SOLAR POWER [color=#000099]FREE Consultancy NO secrets ahoo.com BBM: 28C98F98 www.nairaland.com/1953773/solar-power-boreholes-jobs-full

www.nairaland.com/2198094/plain-truth-solar-power-shocking#31811664

Best prices, amazing quality

(1) (Reply)

80% Of The PVC Card Readers Brought To Niger Delta Not Working..... / Igbos And The Politics Of Greed And Gross Ignorance / Biafrans Storm India !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.