Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance (59410 Views)

Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta / Some Igbo/yoruba Word Used In Urhobo/Isoko Language / Urhobo Names And Their Meanings. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by nowpresence(f): 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2018
borie4u:
oghenebrohie..... God has vindicated me Oghenekome........God gave me. Ufuoma...........wealth Oghenefejiro......... God deserves praise Urhoubo representing Uwheru
ufuoma means peace

1 Like

Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by alphatron(m): 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2019
please what is the meaning of akpojewe
Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by airsaylongcon: 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
alphatron:
please what is the meaning of akpojewe

Akpojevwe roughly translates to life suits Or pleases me
Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by aigboeben(m): 1:55am On Oct 09, 2019
Can someone please tell me the meaning of the urhobo name ERHUMU?
Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by LKO(m): 10:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
aigboeben:
Can someone please tell me the meaning of the urhobo name ERHUMU?

Erhumu mean beauty.
Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by lte987: 11:56pm On Jan 01, 2021
lte987:

Happy New Year to all!

Please can anyone help to answer/comment on the post below. Much appreciated!

==========

Hello,

Please can anyone help with the meaning of this name in full? and also help with the short/parts, their refer to...?

Akpohwofadayen

Akpoh and/or Akpohwo

fadayen

thank you.
Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by lte987: 2:06am On Nov 23, 2021
[quote author=airsaylongcon post=82961365]

Akpojevwe roughly translates to life suits Or pleases me[/quo

==========

Hello,

Please can anyone help with the meaning of this name in full? and also help with the short/parts, their refer to...?

Akpohwofadayen

Akpoh and/or Akpohwo

fadayen

thank you.
Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by lte987: 2:07am On Nov 23, 2021

==========

Hello,

Akpohwofadayen

Akpoh and/or Akpohwo

fadayen

thank you.
Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by lte987: 6:56am On Sep 25, 2022
LKO:

Erhumu mean beauty.

Anyway - again...please can anyone shed some light on the name and urhobo meaning of AKPOHWOFADAYEN?

I know AKPO refers to life / world...but cannot find any reference/link/meaning or explanation to the rest of the name...

i seem to find info of the name in parts like AKPO = life/world then OHWO = roughly/loosely means kind of 'provides' but nothing for FADAYEN at all!!

I was told once that the significance of the name means something like 'the world is jealous of you'? but that is not it literal translation

can anyone help

[/quote]
Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by otokx(m): 12:50am On Jun 21, 2023
Interesting
Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by urenwayi: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2023
Please what does Obukwokwo mean?
Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by Evestar200(f): 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2023
urenwayi:
Please what does Obukwokwo mean?
It has a traditional meaning.

Anyway that's my traditional name.

Is Obukohwo, not Obukokwokwo.
Re: Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance by JoshOyiki: 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2023
What does the Oyovwe mean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Big Python Saved In My Village(pics) / Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Playing Football Amidst Marriage Crash Rumors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.