Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,312 members, 7,829,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog (1687 Views)

This Head Is Just Too Big..chai...dis Male Caucasian Pup Nawa Ooo..he Is 4 Sale / Photos: See The Monkey That Adopted A Lost Puppy In India / My Newly Adopted Boy "Major" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog by solotutu(m): 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
Emma D’Sylva adopted Todd the fox when he was four months old, and has raised him as a domestic pet.
Foxes are part of the dog family, but obviously they aren’t usually domesticated. A lot of people seem to think they’re a type of cat because they’re so feral.

Todd though, he is like a regular household pet. He wags his tail, plays with toys, sleeps in a kennel, and even walks on a lead.
Born in captivity, Todd has never been out in the wild.
Emma, who also has 2 Labradors, a skunk, a raccoon, as well as lots of other pets including snakes and lizards, told the Daily Mail about Todd she speaks "I get people coming over to me asking if he is a fox and if they can stroke him.
He was a bit crazy when he first came to me last year but now he has a really strong bond with me and he will walk on a lead. He is very playful with me. He will run up to me wagging his tail when I go to feed him and he will roll over to have his belly tickled,
He will come into the house but he has got a purpose built enclosure and he much prefers being outside. We got him a little plastic kennel in his enclosure with blankets which is similar to a dog bed.
He is similar to a dog but he is a bit more hyperactive. He gets on with my two dogs, and wants to play with them all the time.
He tries to do what the dogs do but I can’t let him off the lead because he’s deaf so I can’t shout him to come back.
At first he was bonkers but he is getting more used to being in the company of other people now.If people or dogs come up to him in the park he will lie down at first and freeze but after a few seconds he will sniff around the dogs or sit patiently.Emma and her partner, Steve, take their pets into schools and care homes to give people and children the chance to interact with the animals. Todd is now the star attraction, and the kids love him.

http://www.unilad.co.uk/articles/meet-todd-the-fox-the-adopted-fox-that-is-just-like-a-regular-dog/

Re: Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog by Rapmaestro(m): 8:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
K
Re: Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog by solotutu(m): 10:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
L smiley
Re: Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog by aguizm(m): 10:29am On Mar 22, 2015
M grin
Re: Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2015
N undecided
Re: Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog by jerflakes(m): 9:02am On Mar 24, 2015
O kiss
Re: Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog by echobee(f): 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
P grin
Re: Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog by Evina(f): 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
Q
Re: Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog by Dekatron(m): 6:11pm On Mar 27, 2015
R :-XR
Re: Meet Todd, The Adopted Fox That Is Just Like A Regular Dog by Dekatron(m): 6:13pm On Mar 27, 2015

(1) (Reply)

This Is Terrible! Gruesome Fight Between 5 Lions &cape Buffalo Captured On Video / GSD (male) For New Homes - SOLD / Semi Adult Female Gsd Needed (good Quality Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.