Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

How We Secured Igbo Businesses, Property During Civil War – Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Secured Igbo Businesses, Property During Civil War – Buhari (2737 Views)

9 Biafra War Machine Dat Mak Is Hard For Nigeria To Defeat Dem During Civil War / Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges / How We Secured Igbo Businesses, Property During Civil War – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Secured Igbo Businesses, Property During Civil War – Buhari by Ayus34(m): 8:17pm On Mar 21, 2015
hopeforcharles:

hmmm, the eastern can do business there in the east, there are things that business entrails which population, saturation and less taxes are put into consideration, as a good business man u must move above ur surroundings to progress, i believe these and more makes we the easterner or rather the Igbos go these lenghts. Nobody is above any as long as life is concerned. But enlightenment,education,exposure can give a people a higher advantage and civil- nes or city-(if there is such words) above others, but my mantra is never ever look down on anyone, as a business man he is important to me today or someday.
hmm...I will want to agree with some of ur ideology and I share some with u as well,it irritate me when I see the way some of my igbo brothers behave and insult others not only on this forum but most place they re find and I'm not disputing the fact that other tribes are guilty of same offence,but truth be told its more rampant among our igbo brothers....telling u how u among to nothing,empty boast sorry to say.....but I believe ur responses shows civility and exposure,and ur personality seems to be different from what I expect. ...like I do say...our diversity in tribe,language and character shows the creativity power of GOD and it should not be subject to ridicule!
thump up.
Re: How We Secured Igbo Businesses, Property During Civil War – Buhari by waternogetemeny: 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
Buhari kindly repeat this very slowly...

"kolomental"

1 Like

Re: How We Secured Igbo Businesses, Property During Civil War – Buhari by hopeforcharles(m): 8:31pm On Mar 21, 2015
Ayus34:

hmm...I will want to agree with some of ur ideology and I share some with u as well,it irritate me when I see the way some of my igbo brothers behave and insult others not only on this forum but most place they re find and I'm not disputing the fact that other tribes are guilty of same offence,but truth be told its more rampant among our igbo brothers....telling u how u among to nothing,empty boast sorry to say.....but I believe ur responses shows civility and exposure,and ur personality seems to be different from what I expect. ...like I do say...our diversity in tribe,language and character shows the creativity power of GOD and it should not be subject to ridicule!
thump up.
true talk, i like ur words, they come from someone with exposure and intelligence. It hurts me to that our igbo brothers behave that way too, any where i found myself people just love me because i will treat u well till such person messes up, i always try to correct that impression when ever the chance and need arises, infact my right hand buddie is from the north, he is hyper intelligent when it comes to problem solving and any thing software, Even Iphone icloud unlocks, if we have more of u in Nl there will be an E-revolution for good online.
Re: How We Secured Igbo Businesses, Property During Civil War – Buhari by Ojiofor: 9:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
Buhari and his people secured igbo businesses and properties after killing the owners and he wants to take credit for that.How many of those business/property owners in the north came back alive to reclaim the so called properties?
Re: How We Secured Igbo Businesses, Property During Civil War – Buhari by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:27pm On Mar 22, 2015
IGBOSON1:
The people that slaughtered Igbos enmass are the very same people that 'secured' their properties for them during the pogrom and ethnic-cleansing they call a civil war!? undecided.....It just doesn't add up!

Some could even argue that if this was done at all, it was all in an attempt to give Igbos a false sense of security and make them believe they have nothing to fear from 'one Nigeria'.....that northern muslims are their friends, are nice people, and that they couldn't hurt a fly! Meanwhile back down south (in Rivers state to be precise) they were encouraging and teleguiding the Ijaws and Ikwerres to seize Igbo properties in the name of 'abandoned properties'! You think Diete Spiff and his gang could have the balls to do what they did if they weren't confident they had the backing and blessing of 'the owners of Nigeria'!?

Sorry, much as you may not want to believe it; yet it was true that Igbo properties in the north were returned to them after the war along with the rent (in most cases) out of a moral sense of obligation pervading northerners (rather than a legal one) - one of the reasons why northerners, especially from the Muslim north, are generally regarded as comparatively more honest than any group in the country.

The pogrom resulting in the death of many Igbos did not just happened without a cause; i.e. there was that issue of January 15th 1966 and the jeering and mocking that followed, in short, extreme provocation of northerners by Igbos - consult your kin-folks feeding you with selective stories to give you details of these particular areas which they skipped.

General Gowon, the Head of State at that time, although northern; was a Christian and not a Muslim - so religion had nothing to do with it.

On the other hand, the Ijaws and Ikwerres ironically enjoying massive Igbo support today, decided not to take the moral route but to exploit a loophole in the law concerning abandoned property and therefore took over such properties belonging to Igbos till today.

How therefore could you turn around and say northerners tele - guided them to do so when they (northerners) had in fact already decided against doing so themselves.

I could imagine what Igbos would have done had the tables turned the other way round - this may explain why you find it difficult to accept this magnanimity of the northerners to Igbos after the war.
Re: How We Secured Igbo Businesses, Property During Civil War – Buhari by Happywoman(f): 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
Water and oil can never mix . Each must find its own level at the appropriate time.
Any Igbo man that believes this hog wash is high on Tramadol

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Are Offering Us Huge Amount Of Money / Buhari Bows To Pressure, Grants Radio Biafra’s Nnamdi Kanu bail / Tompolo: Armed Youths Blow-up Pipeline, Oil Facilities In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.