Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) (6069 Views)

My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) / Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before / My Horrible Experience With Inspired Autos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Dizzybizzy: 11:37am On Mar 21, 2015
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

I have consignments on Grimaldi Grande Morocco that arrived Lagos port on 17th March.

I gave clearing job of one of the vehicles (2004 Corolla S)to a clearing agent on Nairaland. He charged me 350k and I paid on Tuesday 17th March.

Today he sent me a message on watsapp that customs have increased tariff and 350k cannot clear the vehicle. He's demanding extra 120k.

Can anyone help confirm this pls?
Thank you!
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2015
He's right but should have done his due diligent well before present the previous charges to you,though you can still confused him to come down a bit.
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Coldplay007(f): 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mrcdorv:
He's right but should have done his due diligent well before present the previous charges to you,though you can still confused him to come down a bit.

When was it increased?
Didn't hear anything..
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 21, 2015
Coldplay007:

When was it increased?
Didn't hear anything..
Are u saying you were not awared of 75% increase levy on import cars and others?
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Dizzybizzy: 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mrcdorv:
OK. Thank you
Mrcdorv:
Are u saying you were not awared of 75% increase levy on import cars and others?
the agent didn't say there was increase in levy. He said the increase is as a result of devaluation of naira by CBN and increased dollar rate
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by ricki: 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
What has dollar rate got to do with clearing
Is he clearing in dollar

I smell fowl play. I had a guy doing this type of jaguda clearing business, he just opened an hotel and a 16 flat building in lagos.

Some mugu has to pay for all dat I quessed. They put you in a difficult position and milk de shite of anyone not in the know.

1 Like

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by tallboo: 2:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
Hmm. ...watching
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Dizzybizzy: 3:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
I requested for the C number so that I can forward it to a custom officer for verification but agent said documents are in the office. Will give updates as events unfold
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Leo001(m): 3:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
that a flat lie! u enter one chance! i just clear Lexus rx 350 2007 model 300k
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Coldplay007(f): 3:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mrcdorv:
Which 75% increase?
You are definitely working in cahoot with the agent...
Has there been any increase since last year?
The 75% increase has been postponed

2 Likes

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by harveyspec: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
Dizzybizzy:
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

I have consignments on Grimaldi Grande Morocco that arrived Lagos port on 17th March.

I gave clearing job of one of the vehicles (2004 Corolla S)to a clearing agent on Nairaland. He charged me 350k and I paid on Tuesday 17th March.

Today he sent me a message on watsapp that customs have increased tariff and 350k cannot clear the vehicle. He's demanding extra 120k.

Can anyone help confirm this pls?
Thank you!

Pls kindly state his moniker here, so that others will be cautious when dealing with him or at least he should come & explain himself

1 Like

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by chelseabmw(m): 7:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
Leo001:

300k for a 2007 lexus? How possible?

1 Like

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by chelseabmw(m): 7:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
Dizzybizzy:
I requested for the C number so that I can forward it to a custom officer for verification but agent said documents are in the office. Will give updates as events unfold

Dont you think we should know the clearing agent? but i seriously dont think you are cheated here due to the high exchance rate recently. This shouldn't be an issue, you can also confirm from another clearing agent outside nairaland
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Coldplay007(f): 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
chelseabmw:

Dont you think we should know the clearing agent? but i seriously dont think you are cheated here due to the high exchance rate recently. This shouldn't be an issue, you can also confirm from another clearing agent outside nairaland

High exchange rate shouldn't affect customs charges nah.... cry

1 Like

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Dizzybizzy: 8:08pm On Mar 21, 2015
Leo001:
chelseabmw:

300k for a 2007 lexus? How possible?
Hmmm! Sounds ridiculous
harveyspec:

Pls kindly state his moniker here, so that others will be cautious when dealing with him or at least he should come & explain himself
I have decided not to mention his moniker till I prove he's trying to play a fast one on me.
Any importer/agent that collected valuation at PTML few days ago can help us out if really valuation has increased and some consignments were put on alert.
chelseabmw:

I want to confirm first so that I don't give the agent a bad name. I have not gotten an agent that's working on consignments from that same vessel. They all say no increament.
Will confirm from the custom guys on monday.
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by chelseabmw(m): 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
Coldplay007:

High exchange rate shouldn't affect customs charges nah.... cry

Lol it does
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Coldplay007(f): 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2015
chelseabmw:

Lol it does

How? grin
Or was that sarcasm?
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by emhoonline(m): 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2015
@ Op, your agent is not lieing...I cleared abt over 3 vehicles on the ship..am an agent too.this high value started frm vehicles that above 2003.but I tink his demand for more money is much..talk to him to reduce for you cox demourage is counting
For those that say dollar not concern clearing who told u that,do u tink custom jus giv value to any vehicles in Naira..
About the guy that cleared rx 350 wit 300k snap ur doc let me see and I will tell u what u dont knw cox no terminal allows M.O or too much shortpayement
@ op most of dis people knw notin abt clearing..talk to ur agent
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by chelseabmw(m): 9:33pm On Mar 21, 2015
Coldplay007:

How? grin
Or was that sarcasm?

What actually affected duty in recently is the exchange rate. Duties before now was about 155/usd which has risen drastically to 198 or thereabout

1 Like

Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Coldplay007(f): 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2015
chelseabmw:

What actually affected duty in recently is the exchange rate. Duties before now was about 155/usd which has risen drastically to 198 or thereabout

Thanks jare..
There is another matter that is worrying me.
I cleared two cars recently.. one is a 2003 corolla from cotonou, the duty was 80k

Another car, a 2008 camry, the duty was 180k...
I was so sure I was defrauded because of the exceedingly low duties and fought the agent (he slept inside guardroom for 24hrs) grin
So I took the papers to customs and they told me they are genuine...

I still don't understand, Why are the duties that cheap...
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by chelseabmw(m): 10:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
Coldplay007:

Thanks jare..
There is another matter that is worrying me.
I cleared two cars recently.. one is a 2003 corolla from cotonou, the duty was 80k

Another car, a 2008 camry, the duty was 180k...
I was so sure I was defrauded because of the exceedingly low duties and fought the agent (he slept inside guardroom for 24hrs) grin
So I took the papers to customs and they told me they are genuine...

I still don't understand, Why are the duties that cheap...

Lmao but u wud ve gone to their(customs station ) office to confirm if the documents were genuine b4 arresting the youngman

I bought a 2007 avalon last year n paid 240k for the duties(via contonou) meanwhile @ apapa 550k

Most of my friends prefer to ship their cars from us/canada down to contonou (cos of the low duties)

PERSONALLY, I believe the reason for the low fares is because of the bilateral relationship btw nigeria n Benin...

Wen exactly did u clear d 08 camry
?
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Coldplay007(f): 10:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
chelseabmw:

Lmao but u wud ve gone to their(customs station ) office to confirm if the documents were genuine b4 arresting the youngman

I bought a 2007 avalon last year n paid 240k for the duties(via contonou) meanwhile @ apapa 550k

Most of my friends prefer to ship their cars from us/canada down to contonou (cos of the low duties)

PERSONALLY, I believe the reason for the low fares is because of the bilateral relationship btw nigeria n Benin...

?

Late last year! Around October...
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by lebete3000: 11:26pm On Mar 21, 2015
Leo001:

Hmmm...are you sure? Who is your agent?
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by lebete3000: 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
Coldplay007:

Which 75% increase?
You are definitely working in cahoot with the agent...
Has there been any increase since last year?
The 75% increase has been postponed

No mind d thief hin no know sey ppl dey enlightened wella for here.
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by lebete3000: 11:33pm On Mar 21, 2015
chelseabmw:

?

Is it still dat cheap via Cotonou?
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by chelseabmw(m): 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2015
lebete3000:

Is it still dat cheap via Cotonou?

For now I don't have any idea
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 22, 2015
emhoonline:
@ Op, your agent is not lieing...I cleared abt over 3 vehicles on the ship..am an agent too.this high value started frm vehicles that above 2003.but I tink his demand for more money is much..talk to him to reduce for you cox demourage is counting
For those that say dollar not concern clearing who told u that,do u tink custom jus giv value to any vehicles in Naira..
About the guy that cleared rx 350 wit 300k snap ur doc let me see and I will tell u what u dont knw cox no terminal allows M.O or too much shortpayement
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by 1Emmy: 8:22am On Mar 22, 2015
Leo001:
I really doubt this. Can we see evidence to prove this. No offense Sir
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Dizzybizzy: 9:26am On Mar 22, 2015
emhoonline:
Thanks!
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by otedola1(m): 1:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
Dollar rate is the issue, from 155 to 199 is not easy bro! Agent his not lie
Am agent also
Olalekan Kazeem
08033974999, 08073935324
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by Dizzybizzy: 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
otedola1:
Dollar rate is the issue, from 155 to 199 is not easy bro! Agent his not lie
Am agent also
Olalekan Kazeem
08033974999, 08073935324
I have confirmed from other agents and they have told me it should be 370k max for a 2004 corolla even at 199naira
Re: My experience with Oliverjiad (clearing agent) by otedola1(m): 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2015
Just talk 2 ur agent, to reason whit you Bcoz everyone knw no money everywhere! B4 the vehicle start enter demo rage
Otedola1 noni
Regard

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Quick Sale - Nissan Pathfinder 2001 - See photos / SOLD! - Audi A4 Quattro For Sale In Ilorin @ 300k - Must go this week / SOLD DISTRESS SALE!! Toks 2013 Hyundai Accent GLS ( 3 Million)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.