Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before (2313 Views)

My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) / Has Anyone Done Business With Chucky234 / Please!!!has Anyone Ever Done Business With Kings Autos??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by patlead: 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hello House,
Am about doing a preoder with a nairalander called oliver jiad. He says he can preorder a Camry 2001 for me and that it can fit into 800k budget. Please drop your good or bad experience with his service before i go ahead to deal.

Thank you
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by tempex88(m): 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
I have. He is cheap
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by patlead: 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2015
tempex88:
I have. He is cheap
ok,thanks a bunch.can you refer me to your nairaland purchase thread
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by tempex88(m): 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2015
patlead:

I can take u to his father's house Ay igando
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by ElRazur: 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
patlead:

tempex88:

I can take u to his father's house Ay igando

grin grin seriously?

OP

Well done for doing your research. 800k or any hard earned money is not what one can afford to lose.

Just a few advise:
Find out as much as you can about your potential seller. The more you know, the less chance of you losing your money. Do they have a naija banm that correspond with the name they gave you? Ask questions if they want you to put in a different account that may be or may not be in Nigeria.

Do they have a physical office? Ask about the delear or seller around their office, you are bound to get some useful respond.

Be mindful of paying upfront. If you are willing to pay upfront, make sure it is an amount that one can write off easily should the need be. Don't pay 90% upfront. It is too risky.

Ask for vin numbers, car pictures, documents. . . anything to show what you are buying isn't a mirage.

And so on. . . some of these stuff you already know or done more than this but remember, it is your money and you work hard for it.

1 Like

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by calculusx(m): 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
ElRazur:

grin grin seriously?
OP
Well done for doing your research. 800k or any hard earned money is not what one can afford to lose.
Just a few advise:
Find out as much as you can about your potential seller. The more you know, the less chance of you losing your money. Do they have a naija banm that correspond with the name they gave you? Ask questions if they want you to put in a different account that may be or may not be in Nigeria.
Do they have a physical office? Ask about the delear or seller around their office, you are bound to get some useful respond.
Be mindful of paying upfront. If you are willing to pay upfront, make sure it is an amount that one can write off easily should the need be. Don't pay 90% upfront. It is too risky.
Ask for vin numbers, car pictures, documents. . . anything to show what you are buying isn't a mirage.
And so on. . . some of these stuff you already know or done more than this but remember, it is your money and you work hard for it.

grin grin I can tell you there is soo much enlightenment on NL now than never before which is a good development.
To deal with a tested and trusted NL dealer sef na with 2 eyes opened grin

OP: one quick question, does the #800k include cost of clearing the vehcle?

2 Likes

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by oliverjiad(m): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hummmm naija @ tempex shocked
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
Why don't you add another 150k and get it in Lagos... why take unnecessary risk with your hard earned money.

6 Likes

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by patlead: 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2460042/which-preferrable

That's the thread,am yet to get the options though

@oliver maid can you give me 2 two examples of successful preoders her on NL?

Am ready to deal
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by Eyop: 10:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
patlead:
Hello House,
Am about doing a preoder with a nairalander called oliver jiad. He says he can preorder a Camry 2001 for me and that it can fit into 800k budget. Please drop your good or bad experience with his service before i go ahead to deal.

Thank you

You cannot get a clean title 2001 Toyota Camry for #800k. So your budget is not realistic except you will add additional funds for Clearing but if total cost to land @ your doorstep is #800k then be sure you are in for serious shit. That vehicle even before the exchange rate was messed up was selling between #1 to #1.2million. You better buy what is realistic for your budget even if not this model to avoid stories that touch.

5 Likes

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by patlead: 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
Eyop:

You cannot get a clean title 2001 Toyota Camry for #800k. So your budget is not realistic except you will add additional funds for Clearing but if total cost to land @ your doorstep is #800k then be sure you are in for serious shit. That vehicle even before the exchange rate was messed up was selling between #1 to #1.2million. You better buy what is realistic for your budget even if not this model to avoid stories that touch.
thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by oliverjiad(m): 10:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
Oga boss #1m-#1.2m its for d naija sales,preorder price is quite different from going to a dealer

Well its. Ur money enjoy

Jaid

patlead:
https://www.nairaland.com/2460042/which-preferrable

That's the thread,am yet to get the options though

@oliver maid can you give me 2 two examples of successful preoders her on NL?

Am ready to deal
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by Eyop: 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
oliverjiad:
Oga boss #1m-#1.2m its for d naija sales,preorder price is quite different from going to a dealer

Well its. Ur money enjoy

Jaid

Oga do the pre-order break down let me know how you will achieve pre-ordering a 2001 Toyota Camry for #800k using #245 to $1 as the exchange rate apart from Clearing locally here. Are you doing the pre-order without making profit? How about bank charges?

3 Likes

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by oliverjiad(m): 11:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
Bros I have already done that to the OP

Eyop:

Oga do the pre-order break down let me know how you will achieve pre-ordering a 2001 Toyota Camry for #800k using #245 to $1 as the exchange rate apart from Clearing locally here. Are you doing the pre-order without making profit? How about bank charges?
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by Eyop: 11:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
oliverjiad:
Bros I have already done that to the OP

Concentrate with your clearing line and leave pre-order for the pre-order guys. Don't co mingle business and if you must do so,be very sure of the information you are passing across because there are other car dealers here reading threads and others that are very knowledgeable about how these things work. You may choose not to take this advice but be rest assured that others may just jump into conclusion that #800k for Camry pre-order is Scam and by so doing,the name Oliverjiad is already dented.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by deeonlyme: 11:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
calculusx:

grin grin I can tell you there is soo much enlightenment on NL now than never before which is a good development.
To deal with a tested and trusted NL dealer sef na with 2 eyes opened grin

OP: one quick question, does the #800k include cost of clearing the vehcle?

@ Calculusx.. thanks for asking that question because if that amount includes cost of clearing, my brother you are on a long thing.
I have done business with oliverjaid before and he's honest but you both should clarify if the 800k is for the whole transaction or excluding clearing.
@oliverjaid, I will give you a call tomorrow morning before you go to church on this topic. Big big thanks to the house for not letting one of our own get into a messy situation.

1 Like

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by calculusx(m): 11:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
deeonlyme:

@ Calculusx.. thanks for asking that question because if that amount includes cost of clearing, my brother you are on a long thing.
I have done business with oliverjaid before and he's honest but you both should clarify if the 800k is for the whole transaction or excluding clearing.
@oliverjaid, I will give you a call tomorrow morning before you go to church on this topic. Big big thanks to the house for not letting one of our own get into a messy situation.

Without going much into details on how it could be done, if the #800k exclude cost of clearing,there is possibility it can fly but if it include cost of clearing which was clearly stated in the attached below, i'm afraid it's IMPOSSIBLE.

2 Likes

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by oliverjiad(m): 12:56am On Jul 19, 2015
Bros which one b scam,u all said money is not even,my deal different from others deal e no consign anybody,why nt give ur own qoute,who ever OP want to deal withhe deal,not to blackmail m abeg angry
Eyop:

Concentrate with your clearing line and leave pre-order for the pre-order guys. Don't co mingle business and if you must do so,be very sure of the information you are passing across because there are other car dealers here reading threads and others that are very knowledgeable about how these things work. You may choose not to take this advice but be rest assured that others may just jump into conclusion that #800k for Camry pre-order is Scam and by so doing,the name Oliverjiad is already dented.

Cheers
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by Eyop: 6:28am On Jul 19, 2015
oliverjiad:
Bros which one b scam,u all said money is not even,my deal different from others deal e no consign anybody,why nt give ur own qoute,who ever OP want to deal withhe deal,not to blackmail m abeg angry

Read my previous post carefully this time,I am not a car dealer but was only contributing to this thread. I only mentioned that others that are knowledgeable about cars may jump into this thread and call you a scammer because of your quote which is NOT realistic for a 2001 Toyota Camry even with a ridiculous mileage.

4 Likes

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by boldx(m): 7:23am On Jul 19, 2015
call Patpeypey on 08033517736. He is in Abuja. Oliverjiad did business with him. Patpeypey had a very bad experience with him cos he helped him clear a car this year. I cant find the thread again.
Oliverjiad is for sure a customs clearing agent. I dont know when he started pre-order.

If you must go ahead with him, sign an agreement with him indicating if 800k includes clearing. Also indicate the dollar exchange rate as at the day the contract was signed on the agreement paper and clearly indicate terms for re-negotiation/pulling out of the deal.

4 Likes

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by patlead: 7:34am On Jul 19, 2015
@oliverjaid,pls don't take it personal. Its just that we have so many pre-orders gone awry.

If I find only one link on NL where u did a successful pre-order,I would be more comfortable.
Give me an address so I could check you out.
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by aieromon(m): 8:09am On Jul 19, 2015
patlead:
If I find only one link on NL where u did a successful pre-order,I would be more comfortable.
Give me an address so I could check you out.

Look for a certified car dealer with a car lot and walk in to buy your car. A clearing agent cannot become a car dealer overnight and the quotation is ridiculously low.

1 Like

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by patlead: 8:24am On Jul 19, 2015
aieromon:

Look for a certified car dealer with a car lot and walk in to buy your car. A clearing agent cannot become a car dealer overnight and the quotation is ridiculously low.

Thanks a bunch
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by femmy2010(m): 8:31am On Jul 19, 2015
It is well.
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by llade(m): 10:12am On Jul 19, 2015
My only advice is dat alot is at stake here so oliverjad shud make sure his quote can stand d test of time until d car is delivered. Being a customs agent does not preclude one from trying other ventures no be fud we all dey find to put for table. I personally think d quoted price is low but I pray d deal goes well.

2 Likes

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by oliverjiad(m): 10:27am On Jul 19, 2015
llade:
My only advice is dat alot is at stake here so oliverjad shud make sure his quote can stand d test of time until d car is delivered. Being a customs agent does no preclude one from trying other ventures no be fud we all dey find to put for table. I personally think d quoted price is low but I pray d deal goes well.
bros appreciate,ty
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by oliverjiad(m): 10:30am On Jul 19, 2015
Bros u can't be gud to all u would only try ur best,as for ur friend bad experience with me does not state I intentionally did it,and u guys didn't no much more of inner issue we clearing agent happen to venture at times with the NCS,so ur friend might be a bad experience but others might be a good experience

Likewise I already apologies. To that

boldx:
call Patpeypey on 08033517736. He is in Abuja. Oliverjiad did business with him. Patpeypey had a very bad experience with him cos he helped him clear a car this year. I cant find the thread again.
Oliverjiad is for sure a customs clearing agent. I dont know when he started pre-order.

If you must go ahead with him, sign an agreement with him indicating if 800k includes clearing. Also indicate the dollar exchange rate as at the day the contract was signed on the agreement paper and clearly indicate terms for re-negotiation/pulling out of the deal.

1 Like

Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by patlead: 11:51am On Jul 19, 2015
oliverjiad:
Bros u can't be gud to all u would only try ur best,as for ur friend bad experience with me does not state I intentionally did it,and u guys didn't no much more of inner issue we clearing agent happen to venture at times with the NCS,so ur friend might be a bad experience but others might be a good experience

Likewise I already apologies. To that

thanks oliver jaid, can I buy through you and ship with a another person?

If yes, can the shipper pay you the cost of purchase and service fee at the point of pick up?

Also,please post the 01 Corrolla and camry you have available on this thread.

I want this transaction to be an all open one after all its just a car.
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by BABSIN(m): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
interesting
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by oliverjiad(m): 12:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
U can buy,but I have to forward. Cash To my contact. In the state

patlead:
thanks oliver jaid, can I buy through you and ship with a another person?

If yes, can the shipper pay you the cost of purchase and service fee at the point of pick up?

Also,please post the 01 Corrolla and camry you have available on this thread.

I want this transaction to be an all open one after all its just a car.
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by emhoonline(m): 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2015
@ Op,if Jaid is collecting 260 from you as a clearing charges I think is on right tract 260k is normal charge for 2000/1 cars
......that is my contribution to you thread as a Clearing Agent too
He gave u d bext charge on clearing
Re: Please Has Anyone Done Business With OLIVERJIAD Before by patlead: 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
emhoonline:
@ Op,if Jaid is collecting 260 from you as a clearing charges I think is on right tract 260k is normal charge for 2000/1 cars
......that is my contribution to you thread as a Clearing Agent too
He gave u d bext charge on clearing
yes he is on point on that.thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

2009 Toyota Highlander...sold...sold...sold / Need Help In Sound Proofing My Car! / Registered 07 Honda Civic In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.