Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,220 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Today 21st March Is The Start Of A New Year According To Hebrew/jewish Calendar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today 21st March Is The Start Of A New Year According To Hebrew/jewish Calendar (853 Views)

Calendar Souvenir Made For Apostle Suleman When He Got Married In 2004 / God Begins His Great Moves At New Year Of The Jewish Calendar / Amazing! Hebrew Scholars Discover Hidden Message From God In The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today 21st March Is The Start Of A New Year According To Hebrew/jewish Calendar by sleekymag(m): 11:43am On Mar 21, 2015
Happy new year folks, well that's according to Jewish/Hebrew Calendar. Today the 21st of March 2015 is the first day of the first month, I.e. The month of Nisan-Abib.

All the dates you see in the bible are according to this calendar and not the Gregorian calendar we use today. For more on Jewish dates and their corresponding dates with today's calendar you can check the website below: http://www.hebcal.com/hebcal/?year=2015&v=1&month=x&yt=G&nh=on&nx=on&o=on&vis=on&d=on&c=off
Re: Today 21st March Is The Start Of A New Year According To Hebrew/jewish Calendar by Maamin(m): 12:13pm On Mar 21, 2015
Wow...is new year already in hebrew calendar cheesy

Plus is on the sabbat day! So;

Shabbat shalom le'kulam

1 Like

Re: Today 21st March Is The Start Of A New Year According To Hebrew/jewish Calendar by Mimo1(m): 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
Happy new year
Re: Today 21st March Is The Start Of A New Year According To Hebrew/jewish Calendar by ayoku777(m): 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2015
sleekymag:
Happy new year folks, well that's according to Jewish/Hebrew Calendar. Today the 21st of March 2015 is the first day of the first month, I.e. The month of Nisan-Abib.

All the dates you see in the bible are according to this calendar and not the Gregorian calendar we use today. For more on Jewish dates and their corresponding dates with today's calendar you can check the website below: http://www.hebcal.com/hebcal/?year=2015&v=1&month=x&yt=G&nh=on&nx=on&o=on&vis=on&d=on&c=off

Nisan 1 (March 20) is the jewish religious new year. Their civil new year is Tishri 1 (Sept 14). That is when their year really changes from 5775 to 5776.

The religious new year doesn't change their year number, it is the civil new year that is the real new year. We are still in 5775 of the jewish calender.

By Sept 14 or Tishri 1; we will have their civil new year -the real new year; 5776. That is when they celebrate the Feast of Trumpets or Rosh Hoshana.
Re: Today 21st March Is The Start Of A New Year According To Hebrew/jewish Calendar by sleekymag(m): 5:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
ayoku777:

Nisan 1 (March 20) is the jewish religious new year. Their civil new year is Tishri 1 (Sept 14). That is when their year really changes from 5775 to 5776.
The religious new year doesn't change their year number, it is the civil new year that is the real new year. We are still in 5775 of the jewish calender.
By Sept 14 or Tishri 1; we will have their civil new year -the real new year; 5776. That is when they celebrate the Feast of Trumpets or Rosh Hoshana.

Nice one bro, but if you looked up the link I posted you'll see March 21 is Nisan 1. I agree it's still the year 5775.
My point of concern however, is why pastors and people generally refer to dates in the bible as the normal Gregorian calendar. E.g. Genesis 8:13 talks about the first month

And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry. — Genesis 8:13 (KJV)

Many people, including pastors would refer to this as January 1, but in actual fact it is Nisan 1, which always fall somewhere around March/April every year.

(1) (Reply)

Christians Singing 'Who Makes Nations Tremble?' Moment Earthquake Rocked Nepal / Photo: Crazy Trend In Churches / Pls Help Out, I Hardly Wake Up Each Time I Fall Asleep.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.