Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,329 members, 7,846,457 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online (655 Views)

2015 Elections Were Not Perfect – Jega / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / "There Will Be Bloodshed If 2015 Elections Are Rigged" - Buhari! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online by MORNDEW(m): 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2015
The 2015 elections promises to be one that might decide the fate of Nigerians and many people knows this. For sometimes i wondered why we can’t have an electronic voting and i realised that many will be disemfranchised due to the fact that a sizeable number of our populace are not computer literate.

However, imagine if the 2015 elections are held online. Nigerians will convey on a platform and cast their vote where ever u are as long as u can have access to a computer, PC or moblie phone that is connected to the internet.

Lets assume this is done for the presidential election then the PDP will lose. Many 2015 online election conducted by different media house and group have been won by the Buhari except for the one conducted by presidential media aide, Reno Omokiri where Buhari lost by one vote and we all know the circumstances surounding that online poll.

Buhari will win because of the folowing reasons

1. The internet is inhabited mostly by the youths who have daily first hand information about the deeds and omisions of the present day government. They know 19 of their fellow youths died in a non existent job. So you know where their vote will go.

2. A large chunk of the nation’s voters who are very gullible are not found online. This include; the market women, mechanic, bricklayers, artisans, stylist, fashoin designers etc are not found online nd will not vote with their gullibility. These set of people only cares about the ethnicity, religion and the lies told to them by politicians to vote. But if they were online their mentality would have changed.

3. There will be little chance of rigging as the system will recognize only one number. You can’t have two numbers ascribed to you by the electoral unpire and you cant vote with another person’s passport or fingerprints

4. Politicians lies are busted. Imagine giving gullible Nigerians the impression that a particular candidate did did not go to school and he and his profile of attending US war college is still on Wikipedia many will know this is a lie. But a gullible Nigerian will believe this lie and take it to polling station because he/she is uanware its a lie. Uptill yesterday my mother’s sister had Believed that Buhari did not go to school and was so sure because some fools have told her so. I had to forward the statement of result to my younger brother to show her. When she called me later, what she said was ” why dem com dey lie say him no go school na wa for peolple o”

5. When people are online, they are to a large extent informed. Many people who read online news have better grasp of national issues and as such knows what is good or Bad. They know power have been privatised yet no light, they know a political party is not sponsoring Bokoharam, they also know that corruption is our biggest problem but the woman in the village believes its how God have willed it.

With the above infromation your guess is as good as mine as to who will win the 2015 election if its conducted online.

I wish it was so.

https://enlightennigeriablog./2015/03/21/imagine-if-2015-elections-were-held-online/
Re: Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online by MORNDEW(m): 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
Wish we will grow up to that extent where our elections will be online.
Re: Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online by Bishop4bella(m): 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
Then GEJ is finished and victory for GMB.

All the same victory await GMB while GEJ returns back to otueke.

GMB rocks.
Re: Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online by simplemach(m): 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2015
Na him be say the rigging go make sense.
Electronic rigging.
Re: Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online by MORNDEW(m): 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
Bishop4bella:
Then GEJ is finished and victory for GMB.

All the same victory await GMB while GEJ returns back to otueke.

GMB rocks.
I think thats true
Re: Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online by MORNDEW(m): 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
simplemach:
Na him be say the rigging go make sense.
Electronic rigging.
such rigging will even make sense.
Re: Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online by simplemach(m): 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
MORNDEW:

such rigging will even make sense.
i know say na the kind thing wen una (APC) go like.
Re: Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 21, 2015
Whether the election is held online or offline buhari will win the election....You are a graduate and you don't have a job??don't panic ...just keep calm...
change is coming

Say buhari....
Re: Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online by MORNDEW(m): 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2015
simplemach:
i know say na the kind thing wen una (APC) go like.
ar u sure?
Re: Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online by simplemach(m): 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2015
MORNDEW:

ar u sure?
yes na
Re: Imagine If 2015 Elections Were Held Online by MORNDEW(m): 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
simplemach:
yes na
but i hear say ur party no wan use card reader abeg why dem dey fear am na i tot this is a technology government?

(1) (Reply)

Exposed: Buhari, Amaechi Were Actually Arrested In London / Find Out How Buhari's Campaign Is Funded. / Why All International Journalist Are After President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.