Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,541 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? (23531 Views)

Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? / HELP!! How Can I Get Rid Of The Keloid Scar On My Head? / How Smoking Weed Affects Women's Vagina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by LongestDick: 9:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
Cigarette & alcohol kills 7 million people every year, yet it is legal.
Weed is illegal but tell me who died because of smoking weed.

Between Nigerians & Americans who are really smarter ??
The American government legalized weed & ignorant nigerians from a third world country who don't even know what THC is are busy saying shiit.

7 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
airsaylongcon:
If he's smoking skunk aka skookie ur man is long gone! Skunk also called SK is one of the strongest variations of cannabis. Leads to short-term memory loss. U can give him some tough love by drawing the line and sticking with it no matter d heart break. Or sit with him and douse him with lavish doses of whiskey when he's doing skunk. Make sure he finishes a bootle of Jack or Johnnie while smoking skunk. The hang over should scare him off it

Ha
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by LongestDick: 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2015
Catered4:

Ha

Fool1sh fool.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by BUSHHUNTER: 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2015
Skunk does not smell sis.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2015
chronique:
Buy him a big bag of weed,sit with him and light a wrap for him while he watches his favorite channel. Keep lighting more wraps for him until He blows his brains out. Lead him to the balcony of the house and tell him how much He looks like superman. Tell him He has grown wings and can now fly. Tell him He looks so cute in His superman costume and how much you'd like to see him fly. By the time He takes off from the railing on the balcony and lands on the concrete floor with his legs and arms broken ,and he's hospitalized in igbobi for close to a year with his legs hung up,you wouldn't need to advice him not to smoke weed when he finally gets well. Try it and thank me later. grin

Hahahaha
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by leonshom(m): 9:18pm On Mar 21, 2015
It's not too easy for you to stop,depending on how addicted he is. Try to see a counselor and arrange on how to solve this issue, you need a professional like them if you want a good result!
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by sule5727: 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
steppin:

Stop him na.
I'm a chronic smoker before bt today no longer smoke because my gl dnt like it i ve to stp
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
steppin:

Awww! But you already suckered up to the guy na.
I can't see you changing bf anytime soon.

Lol. I'm happily married with a beautiful girl. Just trying to help my cousin brother. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by SuperSuave(m): 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
almostFamous:
Lol
so upon all this story wey dem write full ground na just "lol" you fit type? God is watching you in 3D grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 21, 2015
cupidFlint:
You definitely dont have to. Just fo your best for him

Ok Thanks
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by SuperSuave(m): 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
ismokeweed1 I can see you peeping, oya say something to this
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by manneger2: 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2015
MadCow1:
Hmm..

First of all, weed isn't addictive as it has no addictive properties.

Secondly, quitting anything is a personal decision. If he isn't ready, he wouldn't stop.

Finally, to alay your fears somewhat, weed isn't as bad as it is reputed to be. Currently, about two or three states in the U.S have legalized recreational marijuana with another 5 states soon to join in. In the not too distant future, weed would become legal. It indeed does carry some medicinal properties like aiding appetite and helps patients with glycoma.

Talk to him about it and chill.. Don't hound him on the matter otherwise he would just learn how to hide it better.
anoda weed addict talking.........
sometin wey nearly make my rumate run mad dat year
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by symbian03(m): 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2015
Catered4:
A week ago, I smelled something like cigarette on him though I wasn't sure because I've never seen him smoke and he doent look like someone that smokes. As in, no trace of it in him. The smell was so strong that I was forced to ask him.

Me: Did you smoke?
Dele: No, why?
Me: Are you sure?
Dele: No I didn't
Me: But I smell something like cigarette in you
Dele: I didn't smoke

I was so convinced that he smoked but I had no strong evidence to prove that he smoked. The next day, in the afternoon precisely, I perceived that same smell on him which wasn't so in the morning. I was forced to ask again.

Me: You smoked today again. Don't even deny it.
Dele: *Speechless*
Me: I knew you smoked yesterday but I wasn't so sure of what I smelled in you. Today that same smell is on you and its so strong. So tell me, Do you smoke?
Dele: Yes but not cigarette.
Me: What?
Dele: Skunk (don't know if I got the spelling right)
Me: What's Skunk?
Dele: He explained though I didn't understand any of his explanation since I was hearing it for the first time.
Me: For how long have you been smoking Skunk?
Dele: For years. I wasn't like that before not until some circumstances pushed me into the street. Mumsy and everyone doesn't know I smoke. No one knows.
Me: Please I want you to stop smoking. I don't feel comfortable with smokers. How can I help you stop?
Dele: I'm not an addict. I can stop right away.

I was so happy that I thought it was that easy to stop. Right there I believed he had stopped smoking skunk. A day after our discussion, I saw him with something that looked like grinded grass or dry leaf wrapped in a small white nylon. I was so curious to know what it was, so I asked.

Me: What's this?
Dele: Thyme
Me: what kind of thyme is this?
Dele: Its Thailand Thyme. Its used in cooking soup and its also medicinal. When you use it to cook, you will like it.
Me: wow, I will like to try it. Can I have some?
Dele: (This time around, laughing out), its weed ooo.
Me: you mean Igbo?
Dele: Yes Igbo. Its also called Weed.
Me: (Not suspecting he smokes weed too) is it the same Igbo that is being mixed in hair creams?
Dele: Yes but not this one. If you want that one, I will get it for you. This one is being put into tea or chewed. Its medicinal.

Dele explained the medical benefits of taking weed (In tea or chewing). I never knew he smokes weed not until a day he went out with his friends, his eyes was bleeding blood like he was given blow in the eyes. His eye balls were out and scaring. This time around, I walked up to him and asked if he had been smoking and he said Yes. I was furious. He promised to stop smoking skunk but I was surprised when he told me it wasn't skunk this time around but weed. I was so down. He promised to stop again.

Just yesterday, I caught him smoking. He didn't know I was coming. I saw him smoking the white paper. I was heart broken. I was speechless. I ran inside. He came in, he knew I was angry but he didn't know what to say. Not long, he slept off. I searched d whole house. I found wraps of weed in a nylon. I also found some in the varandah under a chair. I threw them into the water closet and flushed them. I placed the wrapper closed to where he will see them. He woke up and saw the wrappers emptied. He asked and I told him I ate them all. He didn't believe but I insisted that I ate them all since that's what he likes doing too. Ever since then, I've been keeping to myself.

I want to help him stop his smoking habit. I don't want him to damage his health due to excessive smoking. I'm afraid if he continues this way, something bad might happen to his health.

Please fellow Nairalanders, I need him to quit smoking, how do I help him stop. Matured advice only.
Thank you.

First if all, this made me laugh... Quite hilarious! Secondly, I must commend your attention and keen interest in making sure he stops smoking. Either Igbo, Skunk cigarette etc... They're all BAD and very addictive. I also believe there is one spirit that controls this evil addiction, most people who gave up smoking had already caused a long term damages to their health - unless they stopped earlier enough and I strongly believe that the root of this bad habit is the kinds of company he keeps. Mind you, people who smokes are most likely to as well abuse alcohol and some other bad habits. Sit him down, explain to him how much he means to you, his kids, his families and how much he's still very much needed around. Constantly remind him about the effects of smoking as I am sure he's also aware that smokers are liable to die young. Try as much as possible to know how he spends his leisure times and importantly who he hangs out with. I'm sure you're vigilant enough to have caught him in the act, if he refuses to give up this bad habit, threaten to report him to his parents and see his reactions. Most importantly, pray to God to open his eyes and give him the will power to overcome the temptations.

To all the smokers reading this, give up smoking today and your lungs with thank you. I lived in the ghetto where smoking is seen as the norm and I've seen so many lives cut short due to this evil addiction and a countless are no longer sane.

Bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by fireforfire: 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2015
steppin:

Sister, pele. Your bf is a junkie, he can't stop even if he wants to.
Just get yourself another Boyfriend.

are u new to nairaland?
did u hv to quote d whole thing?
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by lovelyadeola(m): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2015
Omoh your cousin nah DON o
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
yahx:
GHow to Help a Friend Quit Smoking
Can I really help someone who is trying to quit? • How do I begin?
What can I do to help? • What other things can I do to help? • Gaining weight
Handling urges to smoke? • What if I get annoyed?
Do smokers have withdrawal symptoms?
Should I tell my friend it was pretty easy when I quit? • I've never smoked. Can I help?
I'm a smoker myself. Can I do anything?
What do I do if my friend starts smoking again?
How long do I need to help? • Resources • Links you can use
Can I really help someone who is trying to quit smoking?

Yes. Once a smoker has decided to quit, they are most likely to make it when friends and family give their help and support. If your friend hasn’t decided to quit yet, you can help them think of  reasons for quitting, set a target quit date and offer to help in any way you can.

How do I begin?

First of all, quitting is different for each smoker. So, ask your friend how you can be most helpful. This will show that you care and that you really want to help.

Maybe you've already tried to help someone and they weren't successful. That's okay. Remember you can be a big help, but it's not your fault if they aren’t successful this time.

What kinds of things can I do to help the smoker trying to quit?

Tell your friend that you think she can make it this time - even if she has tried to quit before and failed. In fact, most smokers have to "practice" quitting a few times before they quit for good.
For the first few days after the smoker quits, be ready to help. He may want to talk all the time or he may just want extra help when a tough situation comes up, like a coffee break, a party or after a meal.
Offer to call or visit to check on how she is doing. Ask how she's feeling, not just whether or not she's still not smoking.
No nagging, scolding or preaching - this just does not work. Instead, let him know how much you admire him for trying to quit.

Thank you sir
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by chigoizie7(m): 9:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
SmartChoices:
Catered4 I know you are married ...hope its not .....you're talking about? shocked

If yes I will advice you to.... But confirm first...

Meanwhile FTC....which I donate to Buhari...

Sai Baba
Sai Buhari!

The good news is, u can stop him from smoking weed or SK.
The bad news is, u can't achieve that by removing the weed, all u need to do is, allow him to smoke in ur presence, make him feel comfortable with u,then try reducing the quantity he smokes per day, but the most important thing is for u to make sure that he has made up his mind to stop, apart from that,u re pouring water on Aso rock. I smoke SK as-well,am not an addict but its not even easy to stop.( I can't even stop it and I won't, mum and dad doesn't know I do that except my younger brothers and GF's.) So encourage him to see reasons to stop though I don't see any reason what so ever to quit,( weed is medicinal, only that it does not have a specified dosage ).
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by gemini35(m): 9:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
Hello dear u either endure it,or quit you can,t stop him either, is it affecting him ?
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by MadCow1: 9:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
manneger2:

anoda weed addict talking.........
sometin wey nearly make my rumate run mad dat year

I could count a lot of things that can make your roommate high enough to hallucinate, but the harsh truth remain weed has no addictive compound nor property in its chemistry.. cool

Secondly, I am not in anyway addicted to weed. I smoke passively and socially not habitually.. I have been smoking for over 12 years now. At some point, I smoked regularly, then I grew up, graduated from school, got a job, took on more responsibility and so the time I have for cannabis reduced greatly. But I still smoke when I want to.

Finally, weed does not carry any permanent psychological effect because the active compound in Cannabis which is Tetrahydrocannabinol a.k.a THC wears off after a short while. Meaning the highness caused by weed does wear off after a short while. The active side effects of weed remains; Happy, Hungry, Sleepy, and Red eyes..

Your roomate may have been doing other drugs like Heroine, crack cocaine, crystal meth and the likes..

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by steppin: 9:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
fireforfire:

are u new to nairaland?
did u hv to quote d whole thing?
Mr oldie, tell me how and what to quote.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2015
sule5727:
you ve to take it easy with him nd followed him with care sit him down talk to him with matured mind! I smoke weed too bt my gl also dnt like me smoking bt she keep on talking to me with matured mind...guest wat happen today I'm a free smoker! Is nt easy for any one dat smoke to jst stop it immediately jst d way u wnt him to.

Ok sir
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by United4lyf(m): 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2015
etiosa79:
mshewwwwww... I go wrap big kpoli 4 dem, make dem take cool down, gv their oga 1 packet of benson wen go letter dispatch dem
if I hear,one packet of benson kor,u think say na police?
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 21, 2015
not as bad as u think,weed is good, just tell him to smoke a little dosage of it,and be a good citizen.#Godwin
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
LongestDick:

Just name a person who died of weed smoking

Dont know but some are mad
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by sorextee(m): 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2015
Like seriously?? Tell me more..
layinkakeem:
Talk some sense into him,
That weed destroys internal organ.
And kills slowly
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by jobsat34(m): 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
cupidFlint:
Smoke with him, he'll be disgusted seeing you smoke.

lies... dont even about it.. it will only encourage him more
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by callmelanner(m): 10:08pm On Mar 21, 2015
most of u here aren't even psychologist neither are u a counsellor!
if u want him to stop, then u guys need a counsellor.
moreover u guyz have little knowledge about cannabis sativa

u should be more concerned about him doing grade A drugs and smoking cigarettes or even drinking alcohol.
weed should be less of ur concern since he doesn't act violently .
contrary to believe, stoners are the coolest people to chill with. and unlike others, this person I think is more enlightened and should only caution himself. simple

#cannabiscommunity #maryjane #420 #kushsociety

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
LongestDick:
Just answer this questions & i will stop smoking weed, i will also start telling people to stop doing weed.

What are the disadvantages of Marijuana ??
Why did 45 states out of the 50 states in America legalize weed ??
Why do doctors prescribe weed to their patients ??
Why did Barack Obama smoke weed when he wasn't the U.S president ??
Tell me just one person who died of weed smoking cool cool
If you can't answer any of these question, mehn, You are a bastard

You must be high on weed for calling me a bastard.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by mechanics(m): 10:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
I even thought u were writing a story.
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
LongestDick:

You're an ignorant fool.
Please, tell me the health implications of taking weed.

Who released you?
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2015
LongestDick:

Fool1sh fool.

Now I know another side effect of too much weed...
Re: Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 21, 2015
SuperSuave:
so upon all this story wey dem write full ground na just "lol" you fit type? God is watching you in 3D grin

No kill me with laugh jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Неаlth Міstаkеs Тhаt Моst Реорlе Маkе / Sweating On The Palms, How Do I Stop it? / JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.