Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,776 members, 7,817,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? (3750 Views)

Ghastly Motor Accident Kills 3 In Ondo State| GRAPHIC Photos(viewers Discretion / Ghastly Motor Accident In Makurdi. (Graphic pics) / A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by carnal: 9:36am On Jan 19, 2009
I was driving my tuketuke on friday and was in the traffic while i had these "tia rubber" cheery jeep in front of me suddenly stopped moving,all effort to start the ignition prove abortive,on enquiring the owner of the vehicle told me the car was just 6 months old and i was beginning to wonder on the efficiency,durability or why our govt. should even allow such a vehicle to come into these country,does anyone here have same experience with Cherry made vehicles,abeg let me know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by Kafin(m): 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2009
What is the make and model of this "cherry jeep"?

If a new car suddenly stops on the road, the skill that is needed to make it move is not the type that is immediately available in the vicinity. I remember those guys that sells "coil" during heavy traffic lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2009
cherry motors piece of crap! grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2009
Never heard of it.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by PAPABOMBOY: 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2009
Cherry Jeep ke.

Shey nah Datsun Cherry?
Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by MrKelly: 12:12pm On Jan 21, 2009
I have heared various tales of woes from users of Cherrys. Cherry is a Chinese automobile compay which is now competing with Kia and Hyundai in Nigeria. Their advert claimed that most of their brands comes with mitsubishi engine which is often boldly written on the hood. A lady that bought Cherry Tiggo(also with mits engine) a year ago complained that a week will not pass by without a record of one mechanical fault or the other. she complained that at a point when she went to bring her kids from school, the car stopped in motion and refused to start. Door and windows failed to open, passers by have to force the door open to save their lives. She has visited Cherry motors saveral times for various repairs untill she finally told them to refund the 3.3m which was the amount she purchased the car or replace it with a new one. They bluntly refused with an excuse that the warranty covers only mechanical repairs. She eventually got a lawyer to institute a lawsuit against the company. It's a pity that we have a govt that doesnt work but I would strongly advice everyone to stay away from these cars.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2009
Mr Kelly:

I have heared various tales of woes from users of Cherrys. Cherry is a Chinese automobile compay which is now competing with Kia and Hyundai in Nigeria. Their advert claimed that most of their brands comes with mitsubishi engine which is often boldly written on the hood. A lady that bought Cherry Tiggo(also with mits engine) a year ago complained that a week will not pass by without a record of one mechanical fault or the other. she complained that at a point when she went to bring her kids from school, the car stopped in motion and refused to start. Door and windows failed to open, [b]passers by have to force the door open to save their lives. [/b]She has visited Cherry motors saveral times for various repairs untill she finally told them to refund the 3.3m which was the amount she purchased the car or replace it with a new one. They bluntly refused with an excuse that the warranty covers only mechanical repairs. She eventually got a lawyer to institute a lawsuit against the company. It's a pity that we have a govt that doesnt work but I would strongly advice everyone to stay away from these cars.

Was the car on fire? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by MrKelly: 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2009
The car was not on fire. 'didn't know the exact couse but I guese it's an electrical fault. The kids were almost suffocating in the burning heat while their mum panicked.
Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by Nicols(m): 11:57am On Jan 23, 2009
Cherry Motors? I wonder why people waste their hard earned money on piece of craps. I cant even touch them with a ten inch pole. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by Kafin(m): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2009
Cherry Motors!!!
They are obviously first generation, and will need lots of improvements. Sudden stops while in motion and repeated faults are SAD and can be DANGEROUS. If the representatives of the motor company cant fix the problems, then there is no point buying the cars. I will expect more for a price of =N=3.3Million.

Going by the informations provided on this thread, (I have no knowledge of the specifications and ability of these cars), I suspect one of those "I heard. . . stories". I have not seen the doors on any vehicle being 100% electrically controlled. The Electrical controls always operate the basic mechanical levers to open the doors. Even in a complete failure of the controls, the occupants will be able to pull the mechanical handles to open the door. (Please forgive me if Cherry motors really made a car that has no mechanical levers for opening the doors).

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 19, 2009
bump
Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by adeyemik: 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2009
My people dey talk say awoof dey run belle. Wit d name alone you suppose waka away, dey call moto "cherry"; cherry and "Se ri" wetin bi d difference? e meaning "You see". Persin buy "YOU SEE" car e tink say e buy moto, you go see d kan ting wey e go take your korokoro eye see. People say if you wan chop "opolo" frog, mak you chop d own wey get egg. Mak una use una sweat moni buy beta ting. No let chin chung people deceive una. My people wise up.

A big e pele to all cherry sori "se ri" owners - YOU SEE

[size=18pt]END OF STORI [/size]

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2009
lol
Re: What Do You Know About Cherry Motor? by weyreypey: 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2018
carnal:
I was driving my tuketuke on friday and was in the traffic while i had these "tia rubber" cheery jeep in front of me suddenly stopped moving,all effort to start the ignition prove abortive,on enquiring the owner of the vehicle told me the car was just 6 months old and i was beginning to wonder on the efficiency,durability or why our govt. should even allow such a vehicle to come into these country,does anyone here have same experience with Cherry made vehicles,abeg let me know.

interesting

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need You Guys To Put Me Through Of These Car I Can Buy / 9ja Used Car Is Not The Best / Verified Uber / Bolt Drivers Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.