Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Why Do You Close Your Eyes When You Pray? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Close Your Eyes When You Pray? (409 Views)

Guard Your Eyes And Ears; You Are A Product Of What You Hear / Closing Eyes When Praying :how Necessary It Is To The Prayer / Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Want To Pray? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Close Your Eyes When You Pray? by noskyboy(m): 9:24am On Mar 22, 2015
What is your reason for closing your eyes while you pray?.
In a most religions of the world and among most believers in the existence of God, prayer is a key and essntial element, the way and manner this prayer is practiced vary across religions and societies, but there seems to be a noticable pattern among these different groups, which is the closing of the eyes while praying. I have asked several people, the rational behind closing the eyes while praying, and i have noticed that people close their eyes while praying for various reasons, for some its to avoid distraction, some others are just conforming to rules and some others, because others are doing it, while some say that they were trained that way.
So that got me interested in knowing why you close your eyes while you pray. So lets hear it.
Re: Why Do You Close Your Eyes When You Pray? by Infomizer(m): 9:27am On Mar 22, 2015
I hear that it's for concentration. Me? My mind can sabi wander when my eyes are closed. Apparently I concentrate more with eyes open...#JustSaying
Re: Why Do You Close Your Eyes When You Pray? by Aizenosa(m): 9:41am On Mar 22, 2015
U close your eyes to avoid distractions, this is because at that moment anything or everything around u can be a source of distraction, also, to allow the spirit u to concentrate more this enables u to remember all u want to put into the prayer.
Re: Why Do You Close Your Eyes When You Pray? by channelz: 11:00am On Mar 22, 2015
Closed Closet, simple.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Psalm Sunday / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/04/15 / Please Read!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.