Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Australian Open 2009 - Women - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Australian Open 2009 - Women (1852 Views)

Poll: Who takes the women's title?

Jelena Jankovic: 6% (1 vote)
Serena Williams: 73% (11 votes)
Venus Williams: 0% (0 votes)
Ana Ivanovic: 0% (0 votes)
Elena Dementieva: 6% (1 vote)
Dinara Safina: 13% (2 votes)
Other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Tennis: Australian Open 2012 / Tennis: Australian Open 2011 / Australian Open 2009 - Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2009
Serena wins this one unless she collapses in the finals. Safina doesnt have the experience and nerves just yet.
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by A40(m): 10:47pm On Jan 29, 2009
My baby momma is definitely winning this title i wanna see her get back to her top spot thankfully that winch (Henin) has retired i don't think Serena can be stopped
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by FOD(m): 9:49am On Jan 31, 2009
The women's Australian Open final between world number two Serena Williams and world number three Dinara Safina is about to start.

Go Safina! You can do it.
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by FOD(m): 10:15am On Jan 31, 2009
shocked  shocked  shocked

Serena takes the first set 6-0 in about 22 minutes.
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by FOD(m): 10:48am On Jan 31, 2009
The women's final games are usually one-sided. angry

Serena takes her 4th australian open title beating Safina 6-0, 6-3.
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by doyin13(m): 11:03am On Jan 31, 2009
Seriously. . .it is a travesty Serena will make as much money as the Mens's champion in Sydney.
A real travesty.

I just think the ATP should simply pack it in and organise their own grandslams.
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by emoneyinfo: 11:28am On Jan 31, 2009
The best way to suscceed online is firstly dependent on the type of information that one has access to obtain. Most important is the fact that a lot of people are ignorant of how to obtain vital information and product that can boost one's online income. The promise i will most likely guarantee here is that one website changed my entire life after i discovered the rich information product that it freely offers to enrich my fellow Nigerians. The website is www.emoneyinformation.com visit it and your online story must be changed for good and besides it is free,
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by A40(m): 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2009
It was too easy for my baby momma! It almost felt like a quickie cheesy cheesy 59 mins!! WTF Safina was made to look like a ball girl
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by dinozzo(m): 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2009
women's tennis is a joke, this chicks don't deserve to be getting the same amount as the men, I mean 58 minutes in a final, WTF angry.

I can't wait for the men's final tomorrow. Nadal Verdasco was the best game I've seen since the Wimbledon final.
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by Nobody: 2:45am On Feb 01, 2009
if the ATP chose to organise its own GS the WTA will fold up.
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by A40(m): 3:05am On Feb 01, 2009
dinozzo:

women's tennis is a joke, this chicks don't deserve to be getting the same amount as the men, I mean 58 minutes in a final, WTF angry.

I can't wait for the men's final tomorrow. Nadal Verdasco was the best game I've seen since the Wimbledon final.
Lol try telling that to the feminist's
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by pheena: 9:26pm On Feb 01, 2009
i am also a lady but i agree that women should not be paid same as the men
but not for all the reasons u guys' gave but for the simple fact that
its obvious that playing the best of 3sets is diff from playing the best of 5sets.
anyway dats oyinbo for you

congratulations to serena n venus for winnning the doubles
and to serena again for winning the singles
since wimbledon its bn all about the william's sis

jankovic is more concerned about looking pretty for the cameras
which she isnt anyway
used to route for her but now she disgusts me
she tinks she's all dat and she be nada

does anyone miss maria sharapova!!!!!
Re: Australian Open 2009 - Women by Gamine(f): 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2009
Saw the last Game

it was one sided,

Serena almost killed the poor top seed.

So Happy she Won it back.!!!

Maria and her strong face.lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Sad! Former star man, Aiyegbeni is dead. RIP! / Nigeria’s First And Best Soccer Prediction Forum Net9ra Launches / 4 Nigerian Players Who Are Stupidly Rich Despite The Recession (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.