Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) (1941 Views)

Free Pick For Football Matches. Happy Earnings / Sell Your Paypal Funds, Withdraw Your Earnings, Sell Your Payoneer Funds / A Cry to Ncc to Please Stop Phone Checking of Bvn. My Personal Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by webincomeplus(m): 1:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
No doubt, Google Adsense is one of the easiest and best ways to monetize your blog. I have a high-traffic blog and I started monetizing it with Adsense last November. Here are my monthly earnings since then:

November 2014: $128.61
December 2014: $291.55
January 2015: $361.52
February 2015: $434.74

(Click here to see proof of earnings)

As you can see, the earnings keep increasing by the month. And going by present figures, I'll net at least $530 by the end of March 2015. Presently, I earn $15 - $25 daily (but I earned $31 a few days back).

Now, I want to share with you some of the strategies I've used to increase my Adsense earnings consistently and some things I've learned since I started monetizing with Adsense:

First, traffic matters most. Presently, my blog attracts around 4,500 daily visits and generates about 15,000 daily page views (see the screenshot). Without decent amount of traffic, you won't earn decent income from Adsense.

Second, keep testing different ad placement formats until you get the one that attracts clicks the most. There's no format set in the stone, so you have to keep tweaking to see what works best for your blog. However, be careful not to place too many ads above the fold. Adsense hates this!

Third, link ads rock! I've observed that many Nigerian bloggers put up only banner ad units and ignore text link ad units. Truth is, text link ad units are usually more in line with your content, so they tend to attract lots of clicks. If you've not been using them, you're losing money!

Fourth, increase your page views. The more page views you have, the higher the number of ad clicks you'll generate. Why? Because more page views mean visitors stay on your blog to read multiple pages before leaving. In addition, the more your page views, the lower your clickthrough rate. And the lower your clickthrough rate, the safer you are (because Google Adsense bans accounts with exceptionally high CTR). To increase your page views, use "Related Posts" and "Popular Posts" plugins or widgets.

Fifth, wide ad units attract most clicks. I've observed that the leaderboard that most bloggers place in their blog headers and the skyscraper usually placed in the sidebar don't really attract attention. Why? Because visitors are usually focused on the content area, not the header or sidebar. So, ad units embedded within content attract most clicks.

Sixth, always monitor your Adsense dashboard. When necessary, it gives you hints on what to do to increase your earnings. Also, it sends you warning signals when some things are goung wrong.

Seventh, monitor your traffic with Google Analytics, not the Blogger Dashboard traffic stats. As for the traffic stats on Blogger dashboard, it gives exaggerated traffic reports because it counts visits from bots and search engine spiders as part of your traffic. However, Google Analytics tracks only real human traffic. Why should you monitor your Analytics stats. Let me share this with you: last week, I noticed that my clickthrough rate was getting higher, and I couldn't explain why. I then noticed that the number of page views has reduced. With the help of Google Analytics, I was able to find out the exact date the problem started. And I was able to find the cause of the problem (one silly plugin was making the blog show blank on opera mini, which increased the bounce rate and reduced the number of page views). I quickly deleted the plugin, and things went back to normal.

Eighth, search engine traffic generates most clicks. Why because SEO brings fresh visitors, not repeat visitors who are already "blind" to your ads.

Please note that my blog runs on WordPress, not Blogger. And most of its traffic (95%) comes from search engines (Google majorly). It's solely targeted at Nigerians, and it's less than 2 years old.

So, if you have any questions regarding this post or something to add, leave a comment and let's learn from each other.

2 Likes

Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by darmochy1(m): 2:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
Nice one Mr Abas, you're always on point.
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by webincomeplus(m): 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
darmochy1:
Nice one Mr Abas, you're always on point.
Thanks bro.
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by arimahoseloka(m): 7:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
webincomeplus:
No doubt, Google Adsense is one of the easiest and best ways to monetize your blog. I have a high-traffic blog and I started monetizing it with Adsense last November. Here are my monthly earnings since then:

November 2014: $128.61
December 2014: $291.55
January 2015: $361.52
February 2015: $434.74

(Click here to see proof of earnings)

As you can see, the earnings keep increasing by the month. And going by present figures, I'll net at least $530 by the end of March 2015. Presently, I earn $15 - $25 daily (but I earned $31 a few days back).

Now, I want to share with you some of the strategies I've used to increase my Adsense earnings consistently and some things I've learned since I started monetizing with Adsense:

First, traffic matters most. Presently, my blog attracts around 4,500 daily visits and generates about 15,000 daily page views (see the screenshot). Without decent amount of traffic, you won't earn decent income from Adsense.

Second, keep testing different ad placement formats until you get the one that attracts clicks the most. There's no format set in the stone, so you have to keep tweaking to see what works best for your blog. However, be careful not to place too many ads above the fold. Adsense hates this!

Third, link ads rock! I've observed that many Nigerian bloggers put up only banner ad units and ignore text link ad units. Truth is, text link ad units are usually more in line with your content, so they tend to attract lots of clicks. If you've not been using them, you're losing money!

Fourth, increase your page views. The more page views you have, the higher the number of ad clicks you'll generate. Why? Because more page views mean visitors stay on your blog to read multiple pages before leaving. In addition, the more your page views, the lower your clickthrough rate. And the lower your clickthrough rate, the safer you are (because Google Adsense bans accounts with exceptionally high CTR). To increase your page views, use "Related Posts" and "Popular Posts" plugins or widgets.

Fifth, wide ad units attract most clicks. I've observed that the leaderboard that most bloggers place in their blog headers and the skyscraper usually placed in the sidebar don't really attract attention. Why? Because visitors are usually focused on the content area, not the header or sidebar. So, ad units embedded within content attract most clicks.

Sixth, always monitor your Adsense dashboard. When necessary, it gives you hints on what to do to increase your earnings. Also, it sends you warning signals when some things are goung wrong.

Seventh, monitor your traffic with Google Analytics, not the Blogger Dashboard traffic stats. As for the traffic stats on Blogger dashboard, it gives exaggerated traffic reports because it counts visits from bots and search engine spiders as part of your traffic. However, Google Analytics tracks only real human traffic. Why should you monitor your Analytics stats. Let me share this with you: last week, I noticed that my clickthrough rate was getting higher, and I couldn't explain why. I then noticed that the number of page views has reduced. With the help of Google Analytics, I was able to find out the exact date the problem started. And I was able to find the cause of the problem (one silly plugin was making the blog show blank on opera mini, which increased the bounce rate and reduced the number of page views). I quickly deleted the plugin, and things went back to normal.

Eighth, search engine traffic generates most clicks. Why because SEO brings fresh visitors, not repeat visitors who are already "blind" to your ads.

Please note that my blog runs on WordPress, not Blogger. And most of its traffic (95%) comes from search engines (Google majorly). It's solely targeted at Nigerians, and it's less than 2 years old.

So, if you have any questions regarding this post or something to add, leave a comment and let's learn from each other.
my brother pls teach me
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by Adele200(m): 8:38pm On Mar 22, 2015
I must commend your insightful and analytical post. My question is: what are the best and cost effective SEO secrets to pull traffic to a make money online niche blog? As we all knw this niche is very competitive. My blog @www.easymoneybag.com. Thanks man
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by webincomeplus(m): 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
Adele200:
I must commend your insightful and analytical post. My question is: what are the best and cost effective SEO secrets to pull traffic to a make money online niche blog? As we all knw this niche is very competitive. My blog @www.easymoneybag.com. Thanks man

Being in the make money online niche myself, I must confess to you that gain traction with SEO is quite difficult. Paid advertising and forum marketing are far more effective methods. To attract attention, you need to be extremely generous with information and transparent in your dealings.
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by Adele200(m): 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
webincomeplus:

Being in the make money online niche myself, I must confess to you that gain traction with SEO is quite difficult. Paid advertising and forum marketing are far more effective methods. To attract attention, you need to be extremely generous with information and transparent in your dealings.
Thanks man, i really appreciate.
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by webincomeplus(m): 6:44am On Mar 23, 2015
Adele200:
Thanks man, i really appreciate.
You're welcome.
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by coolwas(m): 7:19am On Mar 23, 2015
Nice one bro
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 23, 2015
Good Am EveryBody....

Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by webincomeplus(m): 8:19am On Mar 23, 2015
coolwas:
Nice one bro
Thanks.
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by webincomeplus(m): 5:38am On Mar 24, 2015
I think the mods here are asleep.

1 Like

Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by onpoints: 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
Can your help me to set up a blog and monetize it for me?
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (my personal experience) by Mayorlad: 7:12pm On May 17, 2015
please list some SEO FOR ME

(1) (Reply)

Does Any Nigerian Bank Card Accept Credit Card Payment? / Business Opportunity In Kaduna Fruits Depot / Get Small Chops Packs For As Low As #200.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.