Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

MTN - Corporate Scam Artist! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN - Corporate Scam Artist! (588 Views)

Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of Nigeria Mobile Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN - Corporate Scam Artist! by smiler(f): 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
“Congratulations! Today marks your anniversary day on the MTN network. You can now enjoy 200% bonus on your first recharge within the next 30 days”

MTN sent this message to my husband on Monday 9/3/2015. Ordinary I would have gone awwww that’s so nice instead i was infuriated with the sms. I am still infuriated with MTN.

I got a similar sms from MTN on Friday 13/2/2015 but mine was worded a bit differently. MTN mentioned that for my 13th anniversary on their network I will get a 500% bonus on my first recharge before the end of the month. I decided to give it a try after confirming through MTN customer care that the sms indeed came from them.

The unfortunate thing is that almost 2 weeks since I recharged I am yet to get the promised 500% bonus. Several calls, emails and promises after, I am yet to receive the bonus that MTN promised to give to me when I recharge.

My take on this;

Over the years MTN has come to understand the Nigerian market. They have come to realise that we don’t know that as consumers we have rights. It is only in Nigeria that MTN can get away with their level of poor service and astronomical charges. It is only in Nigeria that MTN can send promotional sms with promises of bogus bonuses and not live up to their promises because they know that Nigerians will not do anything about it. We will endure, ignore, complain and/or abuse MTN but we will never do anything about it. We will never stand up to demand for our rights. To make matters worse we even make excuses for their poor perfomance.

I believe its time we begin to know our rights in this country. No not just know them, We have to demand for our rights.

MTN owes me 500% bonus and I will keep demanding for it until I get it. After all I didn’t ask for it. They came to me so they have to fulfill their promise.

This smells like a scam! A corporate scam. Really do I need to chase MTN to live up to their promise if they had regard for me as a customer? I believe they had no plan to give the promised bonus in the first.

I am uploading this caricature picture of the MTN logo because this is exactly how I feel about MTN and I believe it is time we let them know who actually runs the show here.

Stand up against corporate scam. Stand up against MTN!

I would like to hear from you if you have suffered in the hands of MTN.

Do you want better services from MTN? Then demand for it. Make your voice heard.

IMG_20150310_0063357
Re: MTN - Corporate Scam Artist! by vjsmiles: 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
angry angry angry
Re: MTN - Corporate Scam Artist! by smiler(f): 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
Why do we have an agency called NCC? Why do we have an agency for consumer rights when they all obviously don't know their job descriptions. That's why companies like MTN and DSTV can do what they like in this country and get away with it.
Re: MTN - Corporate Scam Artist! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
Re: MTN - Corporate Scam Artist! by TDonald: 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2015
Story for the gods

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Port From Mtn To Another Network....say No To Xnophobic... / Suggest Simple, Easy And Very Interesting Arcade Games / I Need Suggestions On How To Get Applications Back On Blackberry Playbook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.