Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

She Needs Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Needs Advice (1414 Views)

She Needs Your Advice / She Has An Uncontrollable Appetite For S.ex, She Needs Help!! / Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Needs Advice by babyme1(f): 10:05pm On Mar 22, 2015
House please i need your help on hair products to use for a very hairy child. My 1yr old has the fullest hair iv ever seen tongue. I dont intend cutting it, but i need useful tips on how to manage it.

So far d only thing i use is baby oil and i usually part it into buns or make weavings. What other styles can i do and what can i apply to make it softer without relaxing it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: She Needs Advice by EfemenaXY: 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2015
Her hair is sooo pretty!

Due to the thickness, I'll say her hair type must be 4C. Go on YouTube and type caring for my daughter's 4C hair. You'll get so many helpful tips.

In addition to that, make sure you LOC her hair to maintain that softness you desire. (Liquid, Oil, and Conditioner) Get a spritz bottle, fill it with water and be sure to spritz her hair daily. Also continue with your baby oil as oil locks in the moisture and at the same time gives her hair that shine. Not too sure about the conditioner as I only condition my daughter's hair once every fortnight.

One more thing..never dry-comb your baby's hair. My daughter's got the same hair texture as yours so I finger detangle on weekends. Yes, it's a slow, labourious process and you need bucket loads of patience but it is soooooooooooo worth it in the end. She'll suffer very little breakage and most importantly, the tips of her hair would be maintained thereby increasing the length.

As per styles, do protective styles that would cover the tips of her hair. I personally do thread with beads on my girl's hair, or sometimes two strand twists rolled into bantu knots...just be as creative as you can be.

But remember, whatever style you choose to do, make sure her hair isn't pulled to tightly at the base as you don't want her to loose hair and suffer from infant baldness. I always make sure mine has got enough puff-puff at the base (if you know what I mean).

All the best, mami.

3 Likes

Re: She Needs Advice by ladygogo: 3:34am On Mar 23, 2015
Your daughter's hair is so beautiful. Cute cute girl.

Anyway, Efe has answered all your questions.

Efe so you are on the LOC thing too? The hair sruggle. grin *sigh*
Re: She Needs Advice by babyme1(f): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Her hair is sooo pretty!

Due to the thickness, I'll say her hair type must be 4C. Go on YouTube and type caring for my daughter's 4C hair. You'll get so many helpful tips.

In addition to that, make sure you LOC her hair to maintain that softness you desire. (Liquid, Oil, and Conditioner) Get a spritz bottle, fill it with water and be sure to spritz her hair daily. Also continue with your baby oil as oil locks in the moisture and at the same time gives her hair that shine. Not too sure about the conditioner as I only condition my daughter's hair once every fortnight.

One more thing..never dry-comb your baby's hair. My daughter's got the same hair texture as yours so I finger detangle on weekends. Yes, it's a slow, labourious process and you need bucket loads of patience but it is soooooooooooo worth it in the end. She'll suffer very little breakage and most importantly, the tips of her hair would be maintained thereby increasing the length.

As per styles, do protective styles that would cover the tips of her hair. I personally do thread with beads on my girl's hair, or sometimes two strand twists rolled into bantu knots...just be as creative as you can be.

But remember, whatever style you choose to do, make sure her hair isn't pulled to tightly at the base as you don't want her to loose hair and suffer from infant baldness. I always make sure mine has got enough puff-puff at the base (if you know what I mean).

All the best, mami.
Oh thanks so much ma'am, ur posts r always on point. Ive never conditioned d hair embarassed will get a baby shampoo n conditioner then.

I love wool n beads on children but oga said no attaching anything on their hair. Did i mention my older girl has a headful too(though i used a softener for her since d hair is shoulder length n she's only 2) and dressing them for outing is daunting.

Thanks. Other suggestions pls

1 Like

Re: She Needs Advice by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 23, 2015
You could try coconut oil. It softens and straightens hair. Baby oil will do nothing.

1 Like

Re: She Needs Advice by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 23, 2015
babyme1:

Oh thanks so much ma'am, ur posts r always on point. Ive never conditioned d hair embarassed will get a baby shampoo n conditioner then.

I love wool n beads on children but oga said no attaching anything on their hair. Did i mention my older girl has a headful too(though i used a softener for her since d hair is shoulder length n she's only 2) and dressing them for outing is daunting.

You are sooo lucky . . . I wish my girls had hair like yours. smiley

Pretty lil mama! kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: She Needs Advice by EfemenaXY: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2015
babyme1:

You're welcome.

I forgot to mention: Look for shampoos that are Sulphate free and Paraben free. The last thing you want are products that would strip your baby's natural oils from her hair.

Paraben is a definite no-no. Continuous usage of products that contain Paraben could have long term effects on your little one. You might want to google this for more info.

(1) (Reply)

She Has Been Celibate Just Because She Has A Penis / I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. / Be A Distributor ,wholesaler Or Retailer Of Our Baby Diaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.