Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,867 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital (7580 Views)

Pro-Biafra Supporters At London Hospital In Search Of Buhari (Photos) / Allison-madueke Critically Ill In A London Hospital / Breaking News: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To UK Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by usibengate(m): 12:38am On Mar 23, 2015
The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godwill Akpabio reportedly collapsed yesterday at a function in the state and rushed to an undisclosed hospital in the United Kingdom, newspunch.org has exclusively learnt.

This is following the defection of former governor of the State, Victor Obong Attah from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party to the opposition All Progressives Congress. Attah publicly endorsed the APC candidates in the State, despite being a BoT member of PDP

Since the governor’s collapse, his close aides, family members and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has been keeping the news from the reach of the media. But, a source, close to the governor, but who pleaded anonymity confided in newspunch.org that the governor collapsed yesterday and had since be rushed to an undisclosed UK hospital

Developing report…. details later.

http://www.newspunch.org/breaking-gov-akpabio-collapses-rushed-to-uk-hospital/

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by jeffizy(m): 12:41am On Mar 23, 2015
"Things fall apart and the center can no longer hold."
The stress of politics getting to him.

Obong Attah tried to give him a heart attack.

I wish him well.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by Dioxidane: 12:42am On Mar 23, 2015
Chisos!!!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by kolaaderin: 12:43am On Mar 23, 2015
Its happening one by one.

Baba please forgive him and wish him fast recovery
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by Chynx(m): 12:47am On Mar 23, 2015
Even "election fever" don join for the matter for Naija?

Shuo?!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by REMMEI(m): 12:50am On Mar 23, 2015
Plenty politicians go still slump.. plenty go faint..

This na the introduction..
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by Change2015(m): 12:52am On Mar 23, 2015
Victor Attah did not decamp to APC, he is only supporting APC candidates for governorship and Senate.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178911-pdp-national-leader-declares-support-for-apc-candidates-in-akwa-ibom.html

PDP national leader declares support for APC candidates in Akwa Ibom
March 22, 2015Bassey Udo

The immediate past governor of Akwa Ibom, Victor Attah, has launched a rare public criticism on his successor, Godswill Akpabio, and campaigned for the governorship candidate of an opposition party.

For the first time since he left office in 2007, Mr. Attah, Saturday, publicly attacked Mr. Akpabio, describing the latter’s senatorial aspiration as not only hypocritical, but deceitful.

The former governor, who is a founding member of Nigeria’s ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and is a member of the party’s Board of Trustees, spoke at a rally of the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, in Uyo, the state capital.

Though he said he remained a member of the PDP, Mr. Attah said he had to campaign for the APC due to “compelling circumstances” to lead Akwa Ibom residents to make and implement a succession plan in the 2015 elections in the interest of the state.

To justify his action, Mr. Attah reiterated President Goodluck Jonathan’s statement during the latter’s campaign rally in Akure, Ondo State, on January 28 that because politics is about people, he cannot be a leader if he fails to do what his people want.

He said the overwhelming wish of Akwa Ibom residents in the April election was to support a governorship candidate of their choice and not one imposed on them.

“I am a leader of my people. My people do not want anyone to be imposed on them as governor. They want Umanah Okon Umanah as their governor,” Mr. Attah stated.

Mr. Umanah, a commissioner in the administrations of both Messrs. Attah and Akpabio, is the governorship candidate of the APC, a party he joined from the PDP after falling out with the outgoing governor. His main challenger is Udom Emmanuel of the PDP who is supported by the outgoing Mr. Akpabio.

Defending his decision to support the opposition candidate, Mr. Attah said, “As a prime advocate of power shift (zoning) among the major component tribes of the state, I always believed it was logical to assume that after Uyo and Ikot Ekpene senatorial districts produced the governor, it should be the turn of Eket.

“But, the present posturing of those now parading themselves as champions of zoning is not only hypocritical, but deceitful,” he said in apparent reference to Mr. Akpabio who has made reference to the zoning as one of his reasons for anointing Mr. Emmanuel.

Speaking further, Mr. Attah said he would support the restoration of the zoning principle in the future, but it should to be jettisoned in 2015 as certain other compelling reasons cannot be satisfied with zoning alone.

The ex-governor mentioned the example of Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State, who he said not only withdrew his support for a governorship candidate, but also abandoned his senatorial ambition in 2015 in the interest of justice, equity and fair play, in order to save the PDP in Delta from crisis.

“In Akwa Ibom, everybody knows that it is the turn of Abak Federal Constituency to produce the next senator. So, why is His Excellency, Governor Godswill Obot Akpabio insisting on contesting that position, if at all he believes in zoning?” Mr. Attah asked rhetorically.

Criticizing his successor’s ambition as “very provoking and totally unacceptable”, the former governor urged all indigenes of Ikot Ekpene senatorial district to team up with the people of Abak and support the APC senatorial candidate against Mr. Akpabio.

On the governorship election, Mr. Attah said political leaders in the state had resolved to resist any form of imposition after they failed to get a level playing field that would allow the people’s collective will to prevail.

According to the former governor, Mr. Emmanuel, the PDP candidate, was not nominated by the PDP but by Mr. Akpabio.

“The governor told us that in fact it was the wife, the so-called ‘Mother Theresa’ of Akwa Ibom State that discovered and sponsored Udom Emmanuel. And he, ‘The Imperial Majesty’, is determined to impose him on us as puppeteer on the throne,” he told the crowd.

“A surrogate of Godswill Akpabio must not be allowed to govern us” the former governor said. “Akwa Ibom, listen to what I say, Umanah Okon Umanah is the man.”

#change
#GMB
#APC
#oneNigeria

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by sheymoni(m): 1:01am On Mar 23, 2015
He should wait till he hears the presidential election results before slumping jor abi which kind pre-election drama be this?

But I think he's actually running away to avoid being jail in naija. angry

They said Buhari is ill & close to his grave yet they are the one slumping & dying

Ride on baba
Sai Buhari
#ihavedecided i'll deliver my street

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 23, 2015
usibengate:
http://www.newspunch.org/breaking-gov-akpabio-collapses-rushed-to-uk-hospital/

The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godwill Akpabio reportedly collapsed yesterday at a function in the state and rushed to an undisclosed hospital in the United Kingdom, newspunch.org has exclusively learnt.

This is following the defection of former governor of the State, Victor Obong Attah from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party to the opposition All Progressives Congress. Attah publicly endorsed the APC candidates in the State, despite being a BoT member of PDP

Since the governor’s collapse, his close aides, family members and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has been keeping the news from the reach of the media. But, a source, close to the governor, but who pleaded anonymity confided in newspunch.org that the governor collapsed yesterday and had since be rushed to an undisclosed UK hospital

Developing report…. details later.

I thought they said he made akwaibom heaven on earth
What is he going to the UK for?
Anyway for the sake of my sister Unoma he shall live and not die

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by Controlled(f): 1:28am On Mar 23, 2015
babyosisi:

I thought they said he made akwaibom heaven on earth
What is he going to the UK for?
Anyway for the sake of my sister Unoma he shall live and not die

hmmmmmm..... grin....don't mind anoda PDP lie..... grin...d man built a bridge n two roads....plus one hotel...one stadium....one cinema... grin...n .....now he is d best dat PDP....ve to offer even though....he has d highest budget allocatn...... grin.....

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by StOla: 1:44am On Mar 23, 2015
1 by 1 they are already taking off.

GMB! Ijaya!

"Do you want to go to jail"

- Godswill Akpabio

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by bighead1(m): 2:20am On Mar 23, 2015
I hope this is not true, the man should not die without accounting for his deeds ooh

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 2:21am On Mar 23, 2015
Get well soon
this week is not for comedy or playlet
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by M4gunners: 2:24am On Mar 23, 2015
Get well Sir.Best performing Governor.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by Missy89(f): 3:14am On Mar 23, 2015
"best performing governor" but he cant use the medical facilities in his state.

Nigerians are the dumbest species alive!

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by arsetalks(m): 4:30am On Mar 23, 2015
I don't wish anyone bad health or death but it is good to note these are the same people questioning Buhari's health condition UNJUSTLY.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by Raiders: 4:54am On Mar 23, 2015
This is how many PDP supporter will faint when the election result start coming out.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by Novaworld(m): 5:11am On Mar 23, 2015
wish him quick recovery.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by sophtaf(f): 5:12am On Mar 23, 2015
Aiya,toh wish him quick recovery
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by jimohibrahim(m): 5:12am On Mar 23, 2015
i wish him good health and quick recovery
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by ichidodo: 5:12am On Mar 23, 2015
Wishing him quick recovery...The best performing gomina for Nija.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by koolet: 5:13am On Mar 23, 2015
Rich men's problem, obesity cramp
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by ichidodo: 5:14am On Mar 23, 2015
arsetalks:
I don't wish anyone bad health or death but it is good to note these are the same people questioning Buhari's health condition UNJUSTLY.
Tt
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by olas24u(f): 5:15am On Mar 23, 2015
The transformation hospitals they built could not help him right

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by all4gud(m): 5:16am On Mar 23, 2015
Our media should be telling the public the truth. Atta has defected to APC. He only supports APC's candidate.

Gov. Akpabio is very sound right now.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To London Hospital by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 23, 2015

(1)

Governor Aminu Masari, Emir Of Daura Laud Efforts Of Chinese Government Investor / How Azikwe Dethroned The Grandfather Of The Current Olu Of Warri? / Need A Perfect House Design,construction & Approval In Nig? Pls Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.