Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,470 members, 7,864,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:25 AM

Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life (921 Views)

The Two Crooks - A short story by... / Dumbest Questions You've Ever Been Asked? / 7 Dumb Crooks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by sammy6(m): 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2009
Keep the Change

In 1977, a thief in Southampton, England, came up with a clever method of robbing the cash register at a local supermarket. After collecting a basketful of groceries, he approached the checkout area and placed a £10 note on the counter. The grocery clerk took the bill and opened the cash register, at which point the thief snatched the contents and ran off. It turned out to be a bad deal for the thief, since the till contained only £4.37 and the thief ended up losing £5.63

The Worst Lawyer

Twenty-five year old Marhshall George Cummings, Jr, of Tulsa, Oklahoma, was charged with attempted robbery in connection with a purse-snatching at a shopping center on October 14, 1976. During the trial the following January, Cummings chose to act as his own attorney. While cross-examining the victim, Cummings asked, “Did you get a good look at my face when I took your purse?” Cummings later decided to turn over his defence to a public defender, but it was too late. He was convicted and sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Big Mouth

Dennis Newton was on trial in 1985 for armed robbery in Oklahoma City. Assistant District Attorney Larry Jones asked one of the witnesses, the supervisor of the store that had been robbed, to identify the robber. When she pointed to the defendant, Newton jumped to his feet, accused the witness of lying, and said, “I should have blown your —ing head off!” After a moment of stunned silence, he added, “If I’d been the one that was there.” The jury sentenced Newton to 30 years in prison.

Checking Out

Eighteen year old Charles A. Meriweather broke into a home in Northwest Baltimore on the night of November 22-23, 1978, raped the woman who lived there, and then ransacked the house. When he discovered that she only had $11.50 in cash, he asked her “How do you pay your bills?”
She Replied, “By cheque” and he ordered her to write out a cheque for $30. He then changed his mind and upped it to $50.
“Who shall I make it out to?” asked the woman, a 34 year old government employee.
“Charles A. Meriweather,” said Charles A. Meriweather, adding, “It better not bounce or I’ll be back.”
Meriweather was arrested several hours later

Showing off your booty

Charles Taylor of Wichita, Kansas, was arrested for robbing a shoe store at knifepoint and stealing a $69 pair of size 10 1/2 tan hiking boots on December 18, 1996. At his trial, three months later, Taylor arrogantly rested his feet on the defence table. He was wearing a pair of size 10 1/2 tan hiking boots. The judge, James Fleetwood, was incredulous. ‘I leaned over and stared,’ he later said. ‘Surely nobody would be so stupid as to wear the boots he stole to his trial.’ But it turned out one person was that stupid. Taylor was convicted of aggravated robbery and sent back to jail in his stockinged feet.
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by Pennywise(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2009
Your post had me in stitches. Couldnt help it.
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by romsky: 5:21pm On Jan 19, 2009
the post wasnt dat funny

but these surely were:
“Did you get a good look at my face when I took your purse?” just lyk i swear i no go do am again
“I should have blown your —ing head off!” “If I’d been the one that was there.”
“Charles A. Meriweather,” said Charles A. Meriweather, adding, “It better not bounce or I’ll be back.”
‘Surely nobody would be so stupid as to wear the boots he stole to his trial.’ But it turned out one person was that stupid
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by dani1luv: 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2009
**tomade the Lesson Teacher**
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by sammy6(m): 7:02pm On Jan 19, 2009
@ romade,

There are not jokes created to sound funny. All this events actually happened.
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by Gabry(f): 1:04am On Jan 20, 2009
Yes and I was apart of it sad
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by Pennywise(m): 12:37pm On Jan 20, 2009
romade:

the post wasnt dat funny
That is why pennywise is different from everyone else. He sees things the way many people do not. The one I found most hilarious was the case of the worst lawyer.
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 20, 2009
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin grin
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by yysl: 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2009
wetin tear ur mouth
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by argent(f): 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2009
Please help me ask am
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by dani1luv: 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2009
shocked
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by folami86: 3:24pm On Jan 29, 2009
gud gud jokes lol
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2009
$ammy:

@ romade,

There are not jokes created to sound funny. All this events actually happened.
yysl:

wetin tear ur mouth
argent:

Please help me ask am
THE JOKE FUNNY DIE, ABEG I WAN LAUGH MY OWN THEN LAUGH UNA OWN WEN U PRETEND SAY E NO FUNNY grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by romsky: 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2009
Sammy dear i was pointing out tips dat made d story so hilarious
if it wasnt meant to be a joke y put in jokes
ok i go grin grin grin grin grin 4 real
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by Ben13: 3:38pm On Jan 29, 2009
see green teeth
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by romsky: 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2009
in contrast to urs dat is divided to kola, tobacco & yellow i neat
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by Ben13: 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2009
there is hope
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by dani1luv: 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2009
who said sooo
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by chidipupay(m): 8:36pm On Jan 29, 2009
gabrywyl:

Yes and I was apart of it sad

did you mean to say a part or apart? let me know so that i will send my boys
Re: Dumbest Crooks Ever - True Life by SeanT21(f): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2009
haha~~The Big mouth story was funny.

(1) (Reply)

Xmas Order / Tiger Woods Undergoes Plastic Surgery / A Little Boy N Co.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.