Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (48824 Views)

He Moved Out Because I Used His N100,000 On MMM —wife / Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by pomide(m): 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
Youre What GAY *spits n quits thread*

6 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Noviolence2015: 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
Five years after you understand the use of your prick.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
Jengbetiele:
Sorry 'mature' has no past tense...sorry for pointing this out, I have made same mistake overtime and I was corrected where I least expected.
grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed cool cool
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by kaysman2(m): 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
undecided Gay!!! Damn man.. I really don't wanna judge but you're a b**tard that's possessed by some demons ..... sorry Admin i had to, plus been Gay is illegal in this part of the world, so if am getting the stick he should too for the GAY!! Thing JEZZ!! This dude's soul is so gonna rot in HELL!! Yess i said grin.. You son of the devil

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2015
julybaba:
Why support a gay? Come on, rebuke him
_
Yesh, prophet! I rebuke him! I rebuke a gay! Hallelujah, Nigeria's problems have been solved! I rebuke him! World peace has been achieved! Praise the Lorde! We're on each others team!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by EMEzzy(m): 5:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
Marriage as instituted is a union between a man and a woman,no group be they gay,homo's,trans etc should be able to change that. Say my views are archaic,no problem but i refuse to let my morals into the gutter.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by millionboi(m): 5:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
If u leave dem immature maybe out of peer pressure u wil regret it.............tink B4 u move
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by julybaba(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2015
emmadejust:
there is never too early or late to move out from family home .....

but e bad say naa d money u start seeing at early age leads u to being gay.......

fame and fortune can be the destruction of some people life and destiny....

U're 100% right. He still needs the protection of his parent. He appears to me as a lost fellow

5 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by jaybee3(m): 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
What's the financial implication of the move?
I'm specifically interested in knowing if you are having to pay through your nose to afford the short term comfort/independence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
Nice decision. I moved out same age as you and the 3rd child out of 5. But my dear, to be sincere, please flee gay... Having sexual feelings for your fellow guy? That's awkward. Please
masonkz:
So I recently moved out of my parents' place at Ajah to my own mini flat at Oniru. This happened about 2 months ago, January precisely. The problem is..my parents have been angry ever since I took the decision to leave.

The facts:

I'm 24
I'm the third child of five
I've been working for four years in the corporate world.
Intelligent, smart, very nice, the dream of every parent, except for the last part...
I'm gay.

Reasons I moved out:

1.The traffic from Ajah to my work place in VI can be killing and I have not intention to continue that way into the future, whatever number of years my parents may feel I should stay with them more for. I hate spending time in traffic, to and fro, and it can be very much frustrating for the most part.

2. I need my privacy. My parents are the very clingy type who wanna know every thing that's going on in your life. Who visits you, who you visit, the state the person is from and even down to the person's local government. If I dare stay a night out of home, even after giving them an excuse, na quarrel the next day be that. My mum feels i should actually "marry" her first, before thinking of marrying any other girl.

3. I actually wanna start distancing myself a little from my parents, to slowly let the know the real me..and the fact that their expectation of me may not hold, especially with me being gay. I feel if I start distancing myself, I won't have to be totally depressed, along with them, in the event that they finally get to know about my sexuality...which they may soon come to know about.

Apart from that I just feel i need some space at this time of my life. Just staying on my own. I probably don't have enough time before the talks of marriage starts creeping in and the pressure starts coming from all angles to get married to a girl. So I just wanna have the pleasure of actually living my life while visiting my parents and siblings occasionally. So far I've been enjoying staying alone. Finally feel I'm free from just so many ropes. I can invite anyone over without having to explain myself, keep late nights at the office without having to feel the need to report at home why I'm staying out late, or even party out late in rare cases.

Like I said the whole concept of staying alone doesn't fit in well with my parents and I often see the sad face my mum wears whenever I visit, and it's starting to make me feel guilty. But again, don't I also deserve to be happy on my own?? I've tried talking to them but they still feel I'm too young to be staying alone, and that it's just not right. I mean this is four years of me being financially independent. Why should I continue staying with them.

While all these may be too late since it's been 2 months already, I'd still like to know people's opinion on this. Maybe I'm the wrong one, or maybe there are just some things I still need to discuss with them. Dunno . What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by EMEzzy(m): 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
TheWriter:

_
Yesh, prophet! I rebuke him! I rebuke a gay! Hallelujah, Nigeria's problems have been solved! I rebuke him! World peace has been achieved! Praise the Lorde! We're on each others team!!!!
Rubbish,does accepting gays solve those problems? This is about protecting something started by the Almighty,not about me nor you.
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by eyinjuege: 5:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
TheWriter:

_

Wicked...hehehehe grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Raylight2(m): 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
u right Bro...u good to go. Am 24 and about leaving too cuz I need to work for the money. my parents just must corporate. I guess u went to school for 4 years and u stayed alone , I see no reason y they shouldn't let u b, except u had a little bad records den and even if, let dem know u different now. goodluck

in addition I am sure God can help u out of being gay....see
a Pastor.

(modified)

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Curvinus(m): 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
Deolaw:
I stopped reading it when I saw that you are gay. When you have repented come back to write more on ''best age to move out of your parents' house''.

God have mercy on you

God forgive you

God bless you

Amen!

Matthew 19:11 - 12
Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Lucasbalo(m): 5:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
It's courageous of you to move out of your parents abode. I moved out of my parents house at Bode Thomas when I was 18 to US for my education . Never looked back since then. He made me a man by giving me the confidence of getting married and having my own family without my parents financial support. Many many years after, I believe I made the best decision of my life by leaving the comforts of my parents to make it on my own. Good luck to you.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Raylight2(m): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
in addition I am sure God can help u out of being gay....see a Pastor
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2015
jaybee3:
What's the financial implication of the move?
I'm specifically interested in knowing if you are having to pay through your nose to afford the short term comfort/independence

I'm not paying through my nose. I really don't see much financial implication there is. And how is it a short term comfort/independence??

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Pauloot(m): 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2015
Did I just read some useless comment there? ppl saying dey like ur courage cuz u came out openly to say u r a gay Jezzzzzz

They ain't giving u a piece of advice that can turn ur life for good.

As far as am concern,u r not from what God created in d book of Genesis.

U justified ur staying alone but dis gay.......arrrhhh

#SoulDestroyed

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
op try o @24,well leaving ur parents house! that depend on wen get money and earn a living, but without that don't leave because hunger will wire u.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by ThunderTrail(f): 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
After MSc or PHD degrees
Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by cecegorz(m): 5:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
While I was in the service corps, I said to myself 'I ain't going back to 'our' house after this. I need to find 'my' house'.
So immediately after service, I moved in with a friend and worked/prayed my way into my own house.

I don't think it's a question of age, it should be every young man's desire to be financially/socially independent. As fast as you achieve that, you move on, only always remember to visit/call/send gifts/money to your parents for the blessing of long life still stands.

Erm... For your gayism, I have no comment, only that 14 years under is still valid in Naija.
Enjoy your new found freedom, your mom will get used to it

5 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by blakky97(m): 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2015
Pauloot:
Did I just read some useless comment there? ppl saying dey like ur courage cuz u came out openly to say u r a gay Jezzzzzz

They ain't giving u a piece of advice that can turn ur life for good.

As far as am concern,u r not from what God created in d book of Genesis.

U justified ur staying alone but dis gay.......arrrhhh

#SoulDestroyed
the major message hes trying to get across is not that he moved out of his mamas house. he wants to say hes gay. Every other letter in that article up there is just a curtain.

5 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 23, 2015
blakky97:

the major message hes trying to get across is not that he moved out of his mamas house. he wants to say hes gay. Every other letter in that article up there is just a curtain.

Erm... you must think I'm new here to be seeking approval of my sexuality through this thread.

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by afolayangs(m): 5:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
i second
GodMode:
When u have a salary that can pay rent, transport and feeding and you'll still have savings.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Jengbetiele: 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
Uw sir. Infact I argued till I checked it up on google
EagleScribes:

Thanks so much. I can't thank you enough for your mature correction

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by cococandy(f): 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
Best move you've ever made. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by UNLEASHED(m): 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
That might be the best decision you ever made. I moved out of my parents when I was 22 and yes there's been the inevitable ups and downs but here I am today.

Big issue is how you will come out of the closest to them cuz you won't hide that forever. Good luck on that

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
ChiSun27:

You must be a stupi*d boy.

Noted. Here is the exit to the thread ============>>>>>>>>>>>>

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by nepp(f): 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
Deolaw:
I stopped reading it when I saw that you are gay. When you have repented come back to write more on ''best age to move out of your parents' house''.

God have mercy on you

God forgive you

God bless you

Amen!
God forgive you too!

Go and repent!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? by Bowaley17(m): 5:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
Good for u OP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family / Drama As Trader Allegedly Finds Male’s Private Part Inside Food / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.