Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. (1882 Views)

The Rivers State Re-run Results So Far. (official) / Rivers Debate In Pic / NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by SkyBlue1: 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
I am sure they all want power to a degree, but Wike is not even pretending to have a thought out plan of moving the state forward. He wants to win elections because he wants to be governor. Period. Rivers state had that before - Odilli - and see what happened .. . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
This is the section of responding to other contestants, DAKUKU jabs TONYE that there is a difference between going to government house to get contract and then partnership. He faults TONYE on his claim of setting up the 112 centre, he also wonders how decentralization will create employment. WIKE has forgotten who said he did not have a clue as to what the question said, he also says he was not there when they said who should fund and who should not; the crowd burst into laughter this is fast becoming some clowning. TONYE is still saying and insisting that he funded and handed over the 112 centre. TONYE again jabs WIKE as not knowing about public - partnership and then goes on to talk about the non function Judiciary. WIKE is now laughing sheepishly in the microphone as TONYE goes about the absence too of the legislature.

God bless Rivers State as we cut the cake.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
Break time as candidates sit and drink water while exchanging pleasantries.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2015
5 minutes break, with 2 sessions more to go.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
Channels has broken off from the live broadcast on their satellite network so can't continue with my updates.

1 Like

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by agabusta: 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2015
otokx:
Channels has broken off from the live broadcast on their satellite network so can't continue with my updates.

Nice one, tnx for your briefings.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by Anaskie(m): 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
Otokx, your reports are so on point.

Good work bro.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by collinsoft(m): 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
It is obvious Wike do not have the locus-standi to rule rivers state. He does not understand one bit what governance is all about. When asked how he was going to tackle oil bunkering he said he would use the judiciary to fight oil theft.
All he keep saying is when I get elected. Do u elect someone without idea of governance? Tonye princewill and dakuku peterside wins it for me any time.

1 Like

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by jackymfon: 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
I watched it and I think Wike is more intelligent than people give him credence, if he wins he has the capacity to make a change but that will be if he wants to...

1 Like

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by dBard: 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
collinsoft:
It is obvious Wike do not have the locus-standi to rule rivers state. He does not understand one bit what governance is all about. When asked how he was going to tackle oil bunkering he said he would use the judiciary to fight oil theft.
All he keep saying is when I get elected. Do u elect someone without idea of governance? Tonye princewill and dakuku peterside wins it for me any time.

Not being partisan, but I don't think you/the commentary is being fair to Wike.
I think he had the best comment on the security situation of the state (Tonye was being too idealistic), but missed it on the illegal bunkering..

Tonye obviously killed the debate (pity he's campaigning so poorly), but between Dakuku and Wike, I think Wike did a bit better.. A bit more realistic in his answers, Dakuku ended up shooting himself in the foot a coupla times, like wen Tonye reminded him on wat private-public partnership is, and d jab at Seminatari was just brilliant.
all in all, a good debate.

1 Like

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] based in the debate Dakuku is miles ahead of Wike and Prince.
There was no comparism what so ever between Wike and Dakuku.
It just shows the typeof party PDP is.
Wike is another Fayose in the making.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by megastarkels: 11:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
I'll give it to Tonye, based on his charisma, eloquence and answers (although more of an idealist) but too bad Labour Party's campaign is on a low profile when compared to APC and PDP. I'm so sure if he keeps building on his political aspiration with a more efficient mobilization he may be my governor come 2019 by God's grace (if incumbency won't deny him ooooo)!

Until then, Dakuku is the my choice to rule Rivers people from 2015 - 2019.

My best scene was seeing the 3 candidates exchange "smile-full"pleasantries after cutting the cake. Love them all. God bless Rivers state! God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by hardywaltz(m): 12:51am On Mar 24, 2015
Wike reminds me of Rochas, a lovable clown however that is not what Rivers State needs rite now....

Dakuku has it...

Tonye has campaigned less and therefore had far more time to prepare for the debate...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now That Lagos And FG Are Aligned... / Senator Uche Ekwunife Celebrates Her Swearing-in / Ebonyi: An Emerging Solid Mineral Resource Centre, Food Producing Hub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.