Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. (1877 Views)

The Rivers State Re-run Results So Far. (official) / Rivers Debate In Pic / NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
Three political parties are locked down now in a debate. The PDP, APC and LP.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
Live on Channels, Princewill has just spoken and now Dakuku is speaking, the question is on diversification of economy. In terms of appearance, WIKE definitely missed it dressing up in suit. The others came in traditional dressing show casing the rich culture of Rivers State.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
They all are being addressed as MR instead of their respective titles. In terms of voice condition, Princewill has the best voice which may not be unconnected with the fact that he may be campaigning less.

1 Like

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by chemali: 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2015
Dakuku seems to have a better grasp of governance and more articulate in his plans for Rivers State but he's talking in a condescending manner to his opponents

2 Likes

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
WIKE finished talking before his time, the format is a question is asked and the speaker is giving 3 minutes to talk and respond to the question. Then 2 minutes to respond to any comments from the fellow contestants or follow up. DAKUKU made a statement that TONYE does not know how things work when TONYE proposed Tax harmonization and that a bill for that has been pending since October 2012. DAKUKU was like for a bill to be harmonized the LG has to be taken into consideration. DAKUKU is responding back to TONYE and in truth DAKUKU is right.

I stay in Ikwerre LGA and work in Obio Akpor LGA and go to church in Port Harcourt LGA, my car has a radio which requires a license to be paid to the LGA. There has to be some harmonization.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by davo3286: 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
Opinion: Wike gave the best answer as to how the Rivers State will manage her resources and improve revenue generation in the spate of dwindling oil prices. He outlined cost cutting initiatives; plugging of loop holes in taxation and revenue drain; make investment environment conducive for private investors; encourage private individuals to go into commercialized agriculture. I'm impressed at his responses. Both Princewill of LP and Dakuku of APC were beating about the bush. Therefore, Wike of PDP - 1; Princewill of LP - 0 and Dakuku of APC - 0

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by sluvy4tune(m): 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2015
Dakuku seems to know in details what's governance in Nigeria...

.Tonye stayed in abroad for a good number of years so he assumed how thing shud work not with reality...

Wike Simply has no business in this Debate

7 Likes

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by chemali: 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2015
sluvy4tune:

.Tonye stayed in abroad for a good number of years so he assumed how thing shud work not with reality...

Exactly Wike has no business with this debate. He's responding to Dakuku when the time slot he is on is to respond to the questions.

6 Likes

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by davo3286: 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2015
sluvy4tune:

u see ursef?...bad belle!!! tongue
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by davo3286: 6:48pm On Mar 23, 2015
chemali:

Exactly Wike has no business with this debate. He's responding to Dakuku when the time slot he is on is to respond to the questions.

Pls dont say what you know not of. they were all given 2mins each to respond to one another.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 6:48pm On Mar 23, 2015
The next question which is related to multiple taxation is how the various candidates can promote and enhance small and medium business enterprises. DAKUKU is answering first, talking about incubation centres, harmonize taxes, institutional support. He also has ended before his time. This debate is getting boring, WIKE is talking next. What is happening now is that a question is asked, the first person talks, the others note the point and then repeat them changing the words and probably scenarios. WIKE is saying there is no political will and he will create access to finance. The contestants are finding their voice. WIKE is dwelling on access to funds, he appears stuck there. Its not just creating funds he says but the funds should be disbursed and there should be no political interference. He is talking of industrial park now which DAKUKU called incubation centres. WIKE is not doing badly he has started again talking of political interference in agencies supposed to give micro credit fund. He too just ended before time.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by chemali: 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
davo3286:

Pls dont say what you know not of. they were all given 2mins each to respond to one another.

Yes they are. Wike used his alloted 3 mins and 2 mins for response to respond to Dakuku. He has used his alloted 3 mins again to respond to Dakuku. I'm waiting for what he will say with the remaining 2 mins.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by Riodiao(m): 6:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
A CALL ON THE CONSCIENCE OF THE PEOPLE OF RIVERS STATE
AN ADDRESS DELIVERED BY
ENGR TELE IKURU.
DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF RIVERS STATE
IN RESPECT OF 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS

My dear People of Rivers State, I bring you honest and sincere greetings.

Today, I address you out of the fullness of my heart. Recall that in December 2013, out of extreme loyalty to my Boss and friend, I joined the All Progressives congress (APC) along with other then disillusioned Rivers People.

Ever since, as the true nature and motives of APC are unveiled, I have continued to twist and turn in extreme mental and emotional agony. The more I struggle to belong,the more the Rivers man in me rejects the APC. After carefully studying, interacting and analyzing the leadership of the party, I have come to the sad conclusion that the APC is a party of rebels, insurgents and anarchists, clothed in robes of pretense and deceit. APC is a party founded on deception and it thrives on unholy propaganda and falsehood.

I therefore, on behalf of my teaming supporters, and my humble self denounce the APC and we all jointly and severally resign our membership of the APC.

My dear people of Rivers State, we of this generation will not in good conscience expect forgiveness and compassion from our forebears, posterity, and the spirit of our unborn generations if it is recorded in the annals of history that after 48 Years of Rivers people supporting leaders from all other parts of this country with our votes and resources, we were the same that witch hunted and hounded down the very first ever President from this region, granted us by providence. I wash my hands off this treachery.

In the light of the above, I wish to urge all My Supporters, the Good People of Rivers State to join hands with other well meaning Nigerians to massively vote for President GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN (GCFR) and the Transformation Agenda that has brought so much relief and succor to the greatest number of Nigerians. I also urge allRivers People to vote for Chief Barr Nyesom Wike (CON), who has shown by his antecedents, track records and boundless capabilities that he will deliver good governance to the People of Rivers State.

Thank You and God Bless You All Abundantly.

Engr Tele Ikuru
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
Promises without capacity leads to calamity - TONYE has started - he is indeed an orator and should easily win the debate. He is going back to the bill that was sent for tax harmonization in 2012 that is still not passed by 2015. He is now talking of access to capital at zero interest, he has 1 point agenda - job creation. He says the Rivers State Microfinance Agency is comatose, Tonye Princewill is using Lagos State as a reference point. He is saying that businesses in Rivers State are not happy with government and he ends also it appears before his time.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by atlwireles: 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
Tonye is not doing bad at all.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 7:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
The questions too me are very poor and not too distinct. WIKE is answering first now and talking about SURE-P and Youwin at Federal level and now is alleging that SURE-P in the state is none existent as the funds are shared as salary to political supporters of the ruling party which is true. He is now back to multiple taxation and oh dear we are going round again in circles. Its the same thing now he is talking of Agriculture, commercial agriculture, variety species of Pineapple in Abua/Odual LGA. His time was cut short for once and this is question number of 3. TONYE just ended WIKE career by saying he did not understand the question asked. Manifestos do not manifest says TONYE and goes on to say its now a roadmap. Will a youth empowerment scheme take place and the question is yes he says. Youth employment, he will do internship schemes to put the youth back to work. So government will share the cost with the companies/businesses - TONYE is on fire. His background is Petroleum Engineering but makes money from IT. He says again you cannot give what you do not have. Its not one size fits all.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2015
"Dakuku not makn sense at all in diz debate mtchew hw can he say cutn down on recurrent expenditure nt a way of savin money. Dakuku wan employ d whole opobo?".
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
Initiative for Youth Employment, DAKUKU is giving statistics from National Bureau which shows that it fell from 25% to 51%. He goes on to say that the Rivers State rate is far less than 51%. He is talking of security that will enhance business creation in Rivers State. He is now jumping from one point to another, skills, technical certification, tourism, Agriculture, He has lambasted SURE-P as an intervention fund. There appears to be some oversight, the 2 minutes to respond was not followed.

1 Like

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
Let us maintain silence please, a lady in low cut is showing the sealed envelope containing the questions and that contestants will have 4 minutes to respond to each question, there will also be some minutes allowed for response so we are entering the security phase of the debate.

This first question has some background information and overview of study.

In the rural areas, are there special steps your administration will take to improve security situation and WIKE starts first.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by chemali: 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
Chei, allowing Wike to respond first is making it obvious he has no plans. Nobody to dub from! Poor man. Cluelessness runs in PDP.

Lagos seems to be the what they look up to. Dakuku trying to adapt the Lagos security trust fund to Rivers and Tonye continuously mentioning Lagos state.

3 Likes

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 7:18pm On Mar 23, 2015
There is problem, WIKE missed this question in to to, let me continue my narration. He is now saying Judiciary is not working so there should be capacity bla bla bla. That criminals cannot be prosecuted bla bla bla, He will go further to see that the relevant laws is bla bla bla, Personally I am lost as to what the guy is saying. Did he even listen to the question, we must have to implement relevant laws bla bla bla

DAKUKU has again ended WIKE carrier by saying we are talking about security in omnibus scale; DAKUKU says he will create Rivers State security trust fund to provide institutional support. DAKUKU is now on intelligence gathering in the local community. Operation monitor your neighbor, talks of dedicated phone lines. Efficient and effective justice administration, support the independence of Judiciary. Chai everybody is jabbing WIKE even DAKUKU

TONYE next.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by k4kings(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
The "word" change is now a very popular word in the
mouth of many people, and sincerely speaking, I love
change. But my question is, does the APC as a party
really understand the true meaning of the "word"
change? Americans preached change and presented
Obama (as the first black to ever rule America). What
has the APC brought to us? Fashola, Adams, Rochas,
Ameachi would have made more meaning to us, not
Buhari.
GEJ is certainly not the best as we all know that there
is no perfect human being on earth, but Buhari is not
an option, because he does not have the capacity to
change anything. The world we live can only be made
better with "brain" and "Biro" not with bullet and gun
which is what Buhari presents. Buhari is not just
uneducated, but he also does not have interest in
education. I say this with dew respect to him and his
age. Buhari left office over thirty years ago, yet in his
spare time, he never did anything to improve himself
educationally. Even OBJ after ruling for eight years
still went and improved himself. Nigerian Youths, pls
THINK!!! I say whatever I say without sentiment nor
biased mind, but through proper analysis of the
truth. Putting an old wine in a new bottle does not
make it a new wine... Nigerians please THINK!!!
Buhari is not the "change" we need, he's just hungry
for power. Talking about corruption, I have my doubts
about his sincerity too. Buhari is being sponsored by
one of the "most" corrupt leaders in Nigeria history;
Bola Ahmed Tinubu. How is he going to fight
corruption if he's been backed by such people. (I
know that many people are going react to this post,
and I'm waiting). Buhari in his first bid to elected as
ptesident in 2003, criticized OBJ as a corrupt leader,
and the same Buhari still claiming to be a "corruption
fighter" was bold enough to tell the world on CNN
that that same OBJ has endorsed him. Where is his
integrity?
I'll pause here, but let me add this: education does
not have a substitute, and I doubt if a man that is not
interested in self-education can provide for
another!!!

1 Like

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
TONYE jabs DAKUKU and WIKE, he says both parties have failed Rivers State and that since both candidates have missed it by going omnibus he too will join them. He is saying that government should be decentralized and that commissioner of Agriculture should be operating from Bori where Agriculture is based. He is now saying he set up the 112 call centre and handed it over to the state government. He has ended without really saying anything. WIKE wants to respond to the jabs the moderator over rules that it is at the end of the section when responses will be heard. This to me is a change of rules mid way.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by sluvy4tune(m): 7:24pm On Mar 23, 2015
Tonye has a plan, Dakuku seems to have have experience of governance

I don't know where Wike stand

Hope he knows he is not addressing a pdp rally

2 Likes

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
DAKUKU talking or responding to the question of after election violence and how to respond to it, DAKUKU is rambling about a bit but not as bad as WIKE in the previous ones, he is using general sense but its missing hitting the head on the nail. TONYE next is going straight to point, first of all he is talking of the peace pact, he however has forgotten the years in reference to. He alleges that in 2007 the result was written in government house and that PDP was very strong. He too has started dancing around the question. There is no consequence for electoral violence he opines. He is talking now that leaders should preach non violence and that Labour party is a non violent party unlike the other two.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
WIKE has finished himself, he has left the question and is now responding to the yab that was giving him before. The guy has totally lost it, did he even hear the question. He is talking of intelligence gathering; TONYE is shocked. Everybody in this place is laughing. He is talking of rural angle and city angle yet he is not addressing post election violence. He is talking of our troops in Borno, he is talking of it does not matter where you come from.

Third and final question coming next.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
TONYE to respond first to the next question on how they will react to illegal bunkering/refinery. TONYE is now straying into bragging, you did not know AMAECHI in 2007 and you did not like him. How can you not like who you do not know? He is going to talk about the Buguma crisis in 2003, individuals must build relationships and alliances, He is saying that a carrot and stick approach should be used. That there should be an alternative, personal attacks should be avoided says the moderator, WIKE is protesting that he should be protected. TONYE however praised AMAECHI which is good.

Rivers is taking the lead
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2015
DAKUKU responding to oil theft and illegal bunkering and that he will deploy aerial surveillance and land security, communities to be involved as stakeholders, patroling of waterways.

He tried.
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by otokx(m): 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2015
WIKE has started again, the almighty formula, everything ends up in the Judiciary, the Judiciary will solve all problems - truly WIKE has a legal background. When and if WIKE gets to power he will make sure the Judiciary works so that they will tackle illegal bunkering and oil theft. WIKE likes the word rural but he has a point - implement the relevant laws.

1 Like

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by atlwireles: 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
Wike has spoken like an experienced politician, "crime is crime".
Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by phantom(m): 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
Wike as usual,going round and round. No innovative ideas.
Blaming everything on the closure of the courts.

If Wike wins,Rivers is finished! Mark my words.

5 Likes

Re: The Rivers. Debate 2015 On The Way. by chemali: 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
phantom:
Wike as usual,going round and round. No innovative ideas.
Blaming everything on the closure of the courts.

If Wike wins,Rivers is finished! Mark my words.

As in... I guess the policemen see oil bunkerers in action and say "no arrest am o, courts no dey work. Make he steal comot". The courts should function but its not an excuse

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Card Readers Was Successfully Used In Ghana's Last Elections. / Breaking!!!!! Returning Officers Of NE States Are Detained / Angry War Criminal, Gowon, Wished Ojukwu Took Otapiapia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.