Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

What Is The Difference Between 'sharwama' And 'doner Kebab'? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Difference Between 'sharwama' And 'doner Kebab'? (2235 Views)

Fish Kebab Recipe / Barbecue, Meat And Fish Kebab For All Events / Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between 'sharwama' And 'doner Kebab'? by timawoku(m): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
I was arguing with my friend that sharwama and kebab are practically the same, he feels kebab is sweeter and tastes 'indian' (oops,or is it middle eastern), is the difference in the name or the taste? Please share your own view...
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'sharwama' And 'doner Kebab'? by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 24, 2015
Kebab is something like suya. U put on a stick and grill it. Shawarma on d other hand has a kinda machine that they hang the meat on and then put on a fire. Then d meat is cut off in shreds fron the machine. Don't really know how to describe them but u can google pictures of both and ull see how dey differ in preparation. Btw both are of middle eastern origin.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'sharwama' And 'doner Kebab'? by Plateevent(m): 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
To ma knowledge and experience working with d Nigerian Turkish, Shawarma and Doner are the same. Doner is a Turkish Language which refers to Shawarma and it could be grilled flaked chicken or meat mixed with cabbage and corrot and myonaisse mix wit ketchup and stuffed in a Lebanese bread called Particery. This people get to mix up coz d Turkish are famously known with countless recipe types which are also popular and been mixed up and ascribe to other countries. This make d name Doner prominent in our midst.
Donar Kebab av never heard of it as they 2diffent thing to me.

After this cut is picture of Hot Shawarma(Doner) and Meat and Chicken Kebab

Chef Elderlateef A. Y.

(1) (Reply)

Vegetable Soup recipe, edikaikong repackaged / See What Chinese Men Were Seen Buying & Eating On Toyin Street, Ikeja(pics / See The Tomatoes I And My Daughter Bought @ Deidei This Morning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.