Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

How Jonathan's PR Team Scuffled His 2nd Term Chances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan's PR Team Scuffled His 2nd Term Chances (448 Views)

Governor Okowa Dancing At Celebration Of His 2nd Year In Office / Fayose At Thanksgiving Service In Commemoration Of His 2nd Year In Office / Fayose Attends Jumat Service In Commemoration Of His 2nd Year In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Jonathan's PR Team Scuffled His 2nd Term Chances by Lee29: 11:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
To start with, I am not a politician but just a close-watch 'analyst'.
I will give kudos to Buhari's PR team for the huge success achieved in re-branding someone that was rejected by Nigerians 3 times but now has better chances compared with previous ones.
Jonathan cannot boast of such brilliant PR team.
The most annoying jingles I found disgusting during this electioneering process was the famous Gej's TV commercial 'Change, it was not easy for Mandela, Barak Obama, etc'. It lasted too long on air and lost its savour!
Innovation on the part of Gej's PR team is low; APC's media team are always one step ahead.
Gej PR team should have concentrated on the following and make video jingles for each (not combining them in one)
1. On Road Network: the state of Benin-Ore road before and after. The state of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Shagamu section) before and after. The state of Apapa Express before and after. The state of Abuja-Lokoja express before and after. Etc
2. On Airport: the state of the nation's airport before and after.
3. On railway: before and after
4. On Education: 9 universities established. Almajiri schools for Islamic children roaming the streets. Education intervention programs and other achievements that may be recorded
5. On Electricity: the achievement they've recorded so far
6. On corruption: blocking of ghost workers on payroll. End of fertilizer scam, etc
7. On Youth Empowerment: Youwin program with video testaments from select beneficiaries.
8. On women empowerment: compared with administration's before Gej

And other things they think are Ok.

I have soft landing for Gej even though I won't vote him... I won't vote Gmb either
Re: How Jonathan's PR Team Scuffled His 2nd Term Chances by slimfit1(m): 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ok no matter how good his PR is the people have already made up their minds. you calculate the amount those projects would have cost us its not up to the budget of one year out of 6 years in office. Don't think we are all fools. The best PR in the world can't market Jonathan its not a curse.

(1) (Reply)

Operation Show Your PVC / Buhari A Man Of Credibility,character And Charisma / So No Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.