Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? (883 Views)

20 Things You Used To Do On Facebook That Just Aren't Acceptable Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by Yolanda(f): 3:08am On Sep 03, 2006
Hey everybody, i hope someone could share their views on this one:

I met a decent looking guy from Nigeria in my homeland about two months ago. He seemed polite so we exchanged numbers. He was relentless in his advances and called me everyday as well as text me for the first month. I must say he said all the right things ladies. About a month ago i observed that his mood started to change. I keep inviting him to visits my house but he was always busy working. Eventually he visited my home (my mom was there) and we hung out for two hours. I thought everything was cool then he started to make excuses. He said that he didn't want me to get hurt and that the timing was not right. He says one thing and then contradicts himself by saying he is highly attracted to me. Anyway, after a Lengthy discussion, i found out that he wanted a relationship with no strings attached. he felt that i would be expecting marriage from him and the pressure was too much(i am in my late twenties, highly educated, attractive and has never been sexually active). I like him very much but I'm amazed by his logic, is that acceptable behavior in Nigeria? it sounds like he wants me to give it all up for nothing, What do you guys/gals think?
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by chinani(f): 6:24am On Sep 03, 2006
He's a jerk. Not your style. Don't waste your time.
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by Raymand(m): 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2006
Any behaviour is acceptable anywhere! we are all humans right? just cause he's Nigerian doesn't mean anything!
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by clocky(m): 6:20pm On Sep 03, 2006
he is behaving in his own way. there is nothing nigerian about what he has done
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by mamaput(f): 9:43pm On Sep 03, 2006
Well he has told you the truth.
Maybe after seeing the type of person you are he got cold feet and just told you the truth.
Am sure he was afraid you may start to cling on him. After he found out you were not sexually active. You know what they say about the first cut,
I like men that are honest
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by Yolanda(f): 10:13pm On Sep 03, 2006
i hear what you're saying and i give him props for being honest in the end. What pissed me off the most is that he even approached me with that proposition knowing my status from the first call. what i look like, a squeezable sally? He said he's break the fella legs that expected his sister to do the same. What you don't want for yourself you should try not to give to others. Clingy no, insulted yes.
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by Dvampire(m): 10:09am On Sep 04, 2006
i would say that people differ in their attitude approach to things and how they eventually handle those things when the time comes. in answer to your question, shying away from relationship is not only peculiar to nigerian men. it cuts across the entire globe. so that a guy decides to shy away from the responsibilities that his relationship thrusts his way, that is a matter of his own personal choice and not a national issue
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by jaybaby(f): 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2006
Gal it happens Everytime !

dat waz y i said

80% of Men Are Impotent grin
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by iice(f): 9:07pm On Sep 14, 2006
Hmmmm its not only in nigeria o, as mamaput said atleast he was honest
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by donmayor(m): 9:17pm On Sep 14, 2006
jaybaby:

Gal it happens Everytime !

that waz y i said

80% of Men Are Impotent grin
Thank God i'm in the 20% potent ones. YOu want proof?

You should be happy he did not do whats in his mind. It's like a witch goin to a christian sister confessing that her prayers made her powerless against her. Some guys believe that once a girl is in her late 20s, it's husband she is looking for. I guess thats 65% true in naija.Popular view
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by jaybaby(f): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2006
shocked shocked shocked WaT wIll sHe Be WaItInG 4 bE4 wHeN sHe iS aLmOsT 3o?
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by franc1982(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2006
hey baby girl,
the guy in question has a heart.
why don't u look at it this way, from the way u sound,u really like him, and he got that.
i think he didn't want to hit and break ur heart.
what he did wrong however, was not letting it go.
do u blame him?
we all get selfish at one time or another.
just move on,age n marraige says alot,but a wonderful life says it all.
just be happy n take care sweetie.
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by puker(m): 1:08pm On Apr 20, 2007
Well too bad the guy behaved this way. But ill say that you are not open minded when it comes to mixing with the opposite sex. You always want to be on ya quard and always suspicious. This will always make men think you can not be a good companion. You also sound like a miser sorry gal relationship is purely a game some time you loose some to win some. But above all you gotta be very careful. Pls improve on your sex life cause weather you like it or not men dont cope with sex drabs. but you gotta open ya heart to what you feel is the best for you. Though you may not win all but thats the secret to good relationship. Just do ya best and leave the rest.
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by akara(m): 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2007
What did you actually expect from him though? A relationship, marriage or just the fling? The guy was probably confused. He did right by you.
If I may also ask, where abouts in the Caribean are you at? I find it a bit odd that you have not found a nice brother to do the right thing cool

cool
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2007
every thing done depends on the individual, move on,
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by ikejoe(m): 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2007
toniaslim watsup hope u koll we can hook up ryt hola at my mail!!!

am online now
Re: Is That Acceptable Behavoiur In Nigeria? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:29am On Apr 26, 2007
So what if your online, make i jump?

(1) (Reply)

Who A Woman Is / @nairaghost Can I Meet You? / Any Nice Girl At Taraba: Just Got To Taraba Nd Need Someone To Keep My Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.