Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 (2909 Views)

Massive Employment In Line With President Buhari's Promise And Agenda / How Buhari Can Achieve N1 To $1 / Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by olas24u(f): 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:

What is GDP and what contributes to it?
What are the foreign exchange rate determinants?
What are the variables to a nature's economy?

You need some education but I can only do that at my pace

The gross domestic product (GDP) is one the primary indicators used to gauge the health of a country's economy. It represents the total dollar value of all goods and services produced over a specific time period - you can think of it as the size of the economy. Usually, GDP is expressed as a comparison to the previous quarter or year. For example, if the year-to-year GDP is up 3%, this is thought to mean that the economy has grown by 3% over the last year.

Measuring GDP is complicated (which is why we leave it to the economists), but at its most basic, the calculation can be done in one of two ways: either by adding up what everyone earned in a year (income approach), or by adding up what everyone spent (expenditure method). Logically, both measures should arrive at roughly the same total.

The income approach, which is sometimes referred to as GDP(I), is calculated by adding up total compensation to employees, gross profits for incorporated and non incorporated firms, and taxes less any subsidies. The expenditure method is the more common approach and is calculated by adding total consumption, investment, government spending and net exports.

As one can imagine, economic production and growth, what GDP represents, has a large impact on nearly everyone within that economy. For example, when the economy is healthy, you will typically see low unemployment and wage increases as businesses demand labor to meet the growing economy. A significant change in GDP, whether up or down, usually has a significant effect on the stock market. It's not hard to understand why: a bad economy usually means lower profits for companies, which in turn means lower stock prices. Investors really worry about negative GDP growth, which is one of the factors economists use to determine whether an economy is in a recession.
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by olas24u(f): 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:

What is GDP and what contributes to it?
What are the foreign exchange rate determinants?
What are the variables to a nature's economy?

You need some education but I can only do that at my pace

Determinants of Exchange Rates
Differentials in Inflation
Differentials in Interest Rates
Current-Account Deficits
Public Debt
Terms of Trade
Political Stability and Economic Performance
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by PointB: 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
lol,

He's going to start by first fixing world oil price!

Most assuredly I say to you, Buhari is the epitome of cluelessness. grin grin grin

In his beginning was cluelessness, cluelessness was with Buhari, and Buhari was cluelessness!

And cluenesss was made flesh, and it dwelt amongst us in the form of Buhari! grin cheesy
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by Flets: 1:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
olas24u:

Determinants of Exchange Rates
Differentials in Inflation
Differentials in Interest Rates
Current-Account Deficits
Public Debt
Terms of Trade
Political Stability and Economic Performance

What are the drivers to economic performance?

No need googling responses for me. If your GDP is in shambles relative to a reference country.... your exchange rate will continue to be a mess.

I've told you already that as much as you continue to argue that Buhari will equate $1 to 1 naira..... you will only continue to sound dumb.

The argument is not if the naira can be improved, it is the fact that Buhari can equate the naira to the dollar in four years. And on this point bro, you and Buhari are not making sense.
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by olas24u(f): 1:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:

size of the market ,market environment
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by olas24u(f): 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:

They are so many and i have mentioned some ,but now tell me what you were driving at now
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by masseratti: 1:38pm On Mar 24, 2015
Seriously I can't vote for a lying Government, at no point did the General say that,PDP is synonymous to lies.
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by Flets: 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
olas24u:

They are so many and i have mentioned some ,but now tell me what you were driving at now

No need googling responses for me.

If your GDP is in shambles relative to a reference country.... your exchange rate will continue to be a mess. I've told you already that as long as you continue to argue that Buhari will equate $1 to 1 naira..... you will only continue to sound dumb.

The argument is not if the naira can be improved, it is the fact that Buhari can equate the naira to the dollar in four years. And on this point bro, you and Buhari are not making sense.
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by olas24u(f): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:

No need googling responses for me.

If your GDP is in shambles relative to a reference country.... your exchange rate will continue to be a mess. I've told you already that as long as you continue to argue that Buhari will equate $1 to 1 naira..... you will only continue to sound dumb.

The statement indicates a stable exchange rate and a better managed economy .Now you complained about goggling when you were asking simple questions and i wanted you to know i understand it very well ,and i splashed it .The fact remains that the productivity levels will increase ,export will be opened up .Many thing will happen.The factories and the industrial estates will be back.There will be improved infrastructures that will boost production and increase production in the economy and it will boost GDP
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by Flets: 1:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
olas24u:

The statement indicates a stable exchange rate and a better managed economy .Now you complained about goggling when you were asking simple questions and i wanted you to know i understand it very well ,and i splashed it .The fact remains that the productivity levels will increase ,export will be opened up .Many thing will happen.The factories and the industrial estates will be back.There will be improved infrastructures that will boost production and increase production in the economy and it will boost GDP

And after you have done all that in 4 years, $1 will now equal 1 naira?
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by olas24u(f): 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:

And after you have done all that in 4 years, $1 will now equal 1 naira?

You asked my about variables i told you and you know the APC government will provide some of this variables through good government policies and a good Environment with security,A stable currency is what matters for planning .He did not give the duration and it is an APC Government and they will continue to be in power if they continue to be popular .
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by Flets: 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
olas24u:

You asked my about variables i told you and you know the APC government will provide some of this variables through good government policies and a good Environment with security,A stable currency is what matters for planning .He did not give the duration and it is an APC Government and they will continue to be in power if they continue to be popular .

Stop preaching to the choir, both you and Buhari are clueless on this subject. Buhari cannot equate $1 to 1naira in a lifetime.

And any attempt to make it look feasible sounds dumber than Buhari.

A man who cannot remember the meaning of APC and INEC has become the economic magician. You guys are clowns.
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by olas24u(f): 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:

Stop preaching to the choir, both you and Buhari are clueless on this subject. Buhari cannot equate $1 to 1naira in a lifetime.

And any attempt to make it look feasible sounds dumber than Buhari.

A man who cannot remember the meaning of APC and INEC has become the economic magician. You guys are clowns.

He will always have an economic team ,GEJ Phd ,had his own economic team ,but they messed him up big time .They cooked figures a lot and nobody takes them seriously any more.They increased subsidy and increased the poverty in the land after which they promised palliatives which was another big lie.
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by Flets: 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
olas24u:

He will always have an economic team ,GEJ Phd ,had his own economic team ,but they messed him up big time .They cooked figures a lot and nobody takes them seriously any more.They increased subsidy and increased the poverty in the land after which they promised palliatives which was another big lie.

Remind me of what the topic of this thread is again.

Leave GEJ out of it. Grandpa Buhari wants to perform some economic magic to equate $1 to 1 naira in 4yrs.

Even my a nursery kid will laugh at this.
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by olas24u(f): 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:

Remind me of what the topic of this thread is again.

Leave GEJ out of it. Grandpa Buhari wants to perform some economic magic to equate $1 to 1 naira in 4yrs.

Even my a nursery kid will laugh at this.

The message is that of good economic management ,increased productivity and production ,those are the messages that are being passed focus on the impact of the statement.
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by Flets: 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
olas24u:

The message is that of good economic management ,increased productivity and production ,those are the messages that are being passed focus on the impact of the statement.

That is not message. ... the message is $1 = 1 naira.

The whole world got the dumb message
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by Kokorokoo: 3:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
Buhari'S EXPIRED

Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by olas24u(f): 3:38pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:

We can come here after they start rolling out their economic team and policies .Or you are going on exile? grin
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by Image123(m): 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:

But Buhari never said this. Do you have any credible proof that he said this?
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by tuborme: 7:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
Tomorrow somebody will tell me that the infamous " i will stabilise the oil price" was never said by Buhari when I watched it live on channels Tv. APC my foot.
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by kaboninc(m): 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
olas24u:

We can come here after they start rolling out their economic team and policies .Or you are going on exile? grin

I've read your comments from the first page. And I'll say you've derailed the focus of this thread. The focus is on Buhari equating 1 naira to 1 USD. Whether he said it or not, the focus is on how feasible can it be. That should be the focus or your argument and NOT strengthening the naira because all your points lead to strengthening the naira.

Now Ghana some few years ago revalued her currently to be at par with the USD. Do yourself a favour by finding out what's the exchange rate. Also find out the economic and political situation of that country, and their interest rate too.

Then again, notice that the price of crude oil began dropping from the mid of last year. Loosing more than 50 percent of its value, ultimately shrinking our national revenue. YET, what's the inflation rate today? Has there been any sharp decline? Compare the situation of today's event with that of 2008-2010.

If indeed you're informed, please ponder on the paragraph above.

Lastly, I think you should learn how to learn and do not argue on subjects you're not knowledgeable about.
Re: Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 by Change2015(m): 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
egift:
Buhari did not say it. Just the same way the Sharia and Abacha not corrupt Propaganda started, a TAN journalist reported falsehood, it got published and spread. Below is Buhari's exact quote.

Even when there was not a single quote to support the the lie, Vanguard went ahead to publish it. Very pathetic.

Buhari all the way. Corruption can fight all it like. Buhari is the next president of Nigeria.

I'm so tired of people repeating this falsehood and then frothing at the mouth over it. Let them go and find where Buhari is quoted as saying so, they cannot find any such nonsense. They have an agenda with their lies. March 28th can't come soon enough!

#change
#GMB
#APC

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? / Buhari’s 22-man Entourage To New York / Ibb Exposed Buhari To Kill Namdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.