Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? (2885 Views)

The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) / Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
This thread is a follow up to this thread: "The Yorubas Wrote to The British To Colonize Them. Were they scared?"
https://www.nairaland.com/2529108/yorubas-wrote-british-colonize-scared/1#up

I am asking all the Tajus and Mulikats to name just one pre-colonial opposition figures to forever debunk this latest Igbo flat head thread.

The Niger Delta and SE has a catalogue of several opposition figures both prominent and obscure who waged war against the British imperialist expansion.

Pls kindly help Odua out with just one opposition figure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by Paschal001: 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
Dunno
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
Omenka
Passingshot
Midolion
Orlandoowoh
Gbawe
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
after1 abeg come help Odua here.
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
Jihadist to the north and their new recruits in Yoruba land made yorubas sign themselves to slavery.

It must be noted that the British military expedition and subsequent colonisation began on yoruba soil from where they got a foothold to spread in land.

These people are the problem of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
I thought as much...

The slaves can not manufacture a lie to promote their cowardly heritage.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by Eshinwaju: 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
Another flat.head newly arrived from the sadbeast....... cheesy...

2 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
Eshinwaju:
Another flat.head newly arrived from the sadbeast....... cheesy...

Did you say Gen. Diya?

2 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by abat4real37(f): 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
BishopMagic:
Jihadist to the north and their new recruits in Yoruba land made yorubas sign themselves to slavery.

It must be noted that the British military expedition and subsequent colonisation began on yoruba soil from where they got a foothold to spread in land.

These people are the problem of Nigeria.
you are the problem of Nigeria yes,you!
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by abat4real37(f): 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
BishopMagic:
I thought as much...

The slaves can not manufacture a lie to promote their cowardly heritage.
your stupidity is level 1000
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
abat4real37:
you are the problem of Nigeria yesn you!

Stop derailing from the original question about your cowardly heritage

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
abat4real37:

Answer the damn question or gtfo.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by abat4real37(f): 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
BishopMagic:

Stop derailing from the original question about your cowardly heritage
what are you derailing from? Who are you for me to answer.
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by abat4real37(f): 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
BishopMagic:

Answer the damn question or gtfo.
ask me again now, oponu
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 1:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
[size=38pt]Thread reminder to all the Tajus and Mulikats ; this thread is asking for only one thing from you which is to name one precolonial opposition figure from your region and or any battle or war waged by Oyo to stop the British occupation of Odua.

Your weak insults will not help but portray you as biatches.
So stick to the damn topic.[/size]

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2015
abat4real37:
ask me again now, oponu

You don't know or there is none?

Slave

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
abat4real37:

Then why are you here?

Why does a simple question about your proud heritage annoy you so much?

Dry bones and old women

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by abat4real37(f): 1:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
BishopMagic:

Then why are you here?

Why does a simple question about your proud heritage annoy you so much?
Dry bones and old women oloshi ni e omo irankiran
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by abat4real37(f): 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
BishopMagic:

You don't know or there is none?
Slave
there is i forget to tell you, you are the slave
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by scribble: 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
Lol clown

So what if Yoruba's are cowards etc....

This thread na Yoruba man make am possible

Gtbank....d same thing

Biafra na Yoruba shut am down....

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by abat4real37(f): 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
abat4real37:
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by TRUTHTOPOWER: 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
opposition to which govt. Notable figures of progress include Bishop Ajayi Crowther who helped in developing literacy and Sapara Williams, the first lawyer in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
Yorubas are born coward and historical slaves to the Hausas, history documented that.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:
opposition to which govt. Notable figures of progress include Bishop Ajayi Crowther who helped in developing literacy and Sapara Williams, the first lawyer in Nigeria

Away crowther was not a precolonial figure but a colonial figure. Ajayi crowther came into the scene long after the British had raised their union jack over Nigeria.

And fyi I am asking of any militant opposition figure, not some bible totting hippie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
BishopMagic:

[size=18pt]Yoruba position[/size]

[size=18pt]Yoruba national flag[/size]

[img]http://jenniferbarley.typepad.com/.a/6a00e554786894883401538e4f64d4970b-800wi[/img]

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by OkutaNla: 2:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
Hopefully you'll shut your trap now:

Battle of Imagbon (Anglo-Ijebu War of 1892)

Imagbon, Nigeria is the site of the definitive war between Yoruba forces by the Imperial British military. The military were assisted by protectorate treaty imposed on Lagos that enabled them to raise funds and troops supported by imported guns. Located to the western frontiers of Ijebu-Ode, on a river tributary to the Lagos Lagoon.

Site of a war memorial commemorating the Battle of Imagbon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagbon

3 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by OkutaNla: 2:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
The bold resistance of Ijebu warriors of the British colonial army, in their determined effort to enter and penetrate Ijebu kingdom in 1892, led to the decimation and excision of the kingdom, after the war, in order to conquer it permanently. Ikorodu town near Lagos, Ejinrin and Epe which were all parts of Ijebu kingdom were added to Lagos colony to constitute Lagos state.
http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2008/may/121

2 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by mekadinho(f): 2:07pm On Aug 16, 2015
abat4real37:
Answer d question or disappear abeg....

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
L
OkutaNla:
Hopefully you'll shut your trap now:

Liar.

It was a battle between British forces to rid Lagos of a Bini garrison in yoruba land.

The battle was between Binis and British soldeirs and no way was any coward yoruba man present for battle that day.

Liar

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by OkutaNla: 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
BishopMagic:
L

Liar.

It was a battle between British forces to rid Lagos of a Bini garrison in yoruba land.

The battle was between Binis and British soldeirs and no way was any coward yoruba man present for battle that day.

Liar

I shake my head in pity for you coz you are hopeless. Since when did Ijebus become Binis? You asked for evidence and proof which I have presented (and which you can independently verify), yet you refuse to accept basic facts starring you in the face. That right there shows that you are mentally challenged and sick. I obviously can't help you coz your sickness requires professional attention. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
BishopMagic:
after1 abeg come help Odua here.

Yes Afonja and Alimi

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by BishopMagic: 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
OkutaNla:

I shake my head in pity for you coz you are hopeless. Since when did Ijebus become Binis? You asked for evidence and proof which I have presented (and which you can independently verify), yet you refuse to accept basics facts starring you in the face. That right there shows that you are mentally challenged and sick. I obviously can't help you coz your sickness requires professional attention. cheesy

You bloody liar.

That war had nothing to do with coward yorybas but between the British and a Bini Garrison

Coward.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dasuki Is A Biafran PHOTOS / Throwback Pic Of Nigerian Soldiers On Thier Way To WWI / The Terrible Situation Of The Newly Posted Efcc Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.