Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) (4367 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Buhari's Kitchen Comment About Aisha / "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu / 5 Facts You Need To Know About Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by funcampus: 11:27am On Mar 24, 2015
Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI
Aisha Buhari is the wife of former Nigerian head of state, Major-General Muhammadu Leko Buhari.
FULL NAMES (alternate names): Hajia Mrs. Aisha Buhari
ORIGIN: She is Fulani from Adamawa State.

BIRTH AND EARLY DAYS: She was born on the 17th of February, 1971 to the family of Mallam Halilu Ahmed Ciroma, who happened to be the nephew of Alhaji Muhammadu Ribadu, Nigeria’s first minister of defence. She is the grand daughter of the Chiroman Adamawa, the first person to hold this traditional title.

EDUCATION & CAREER: Following her marriage as a teenager, her education received the full support of her husband who did not only encourage her but also got her a private tutor. She later proceeded and got a National Certificate in Education (NCE) from the National Teachers Institute (NTI) and her Bachelor of Arts degree from the Ambrose Alli University (Kaduna Satellite campus). Tall, elegant and bespectacled, she holds a masters degree in international affairs and strategic studies from the Nigerian Defence Academy in Kaduna. She also got a diploma in Beauty Therapy from the Carlton Institute of Beauty Therapy, Windsor, United Kingdom and did a certificate course at the French Beauty School, Esthetique Academie in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Mrs. Buhari is: Member, Vocational Training and Charitable Trust, VTCT, United Kingdom.
Member, International Health and Beauty Council. Resource Person (Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology), National Board for Technical Education (NBTE). At NBTE, she was actively involved in the curriculum for small and medium scale enterprises.
A business woman and entrepreneur, she is the Founder and Managing Director of the Hanzy Spa and she is also the Principal of the Hanzy Beauty Institute, one of the consultants on Youth Empowerment and Skill Acquisition Programme of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation/Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company.

General Buhari is particularly supportive and interested in his wife’s educational advancements and in order to ensure this goal was met, he hired a special English teacher from the Command Secondary School in Kaduna who gave her the necessary tutorials at home as hinted earlier. Thereafter, she enrolled at the Distance Learning Programme of the NCE at the National Teachers Institute, NTI, Kaduna. From there, she was off to the Ambrose Alli University where she enrolled in the undergraduate programme and received lectures with other students at the Leventis Building Satellite Campus in Kaduna, some months ago, she graduate from the NDA with her masters degree. Gingered by her husband and her own academic success, Mrs. Buhari is noted for contributing to and encouraging many other people, some of which were family members and non-relatives too, to pursue education to the highest level possible.

LOVE, FAMILY AND MARRIAGE
On the 2nd of February, 1989, a couple of months before her 19th birthday, she got married to Nigeria’s former head of state and military ruler, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd). She is the only wife of the general but she is not his first wife. General Buhari was married to the late Hajia Safinatu Buhari whom he divorced legally for more than two years before tying the knots with Aisha. Their marriage is blessed with five children namely Halima, Yusuf, Zahra, Aisha and Amina and two grand children one of whom is her namesake.

INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT AISHA BUHARI
In 2003, she was not able to vote for her husband, General Buhari, who was then the presidential aspirant of the All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP. Why? Her name disappeared from the INEC voter register.
She speaks Fulani and English fluently.

When rumours were flying round that she is a foreigner, she responded on the 23rd of January via Deborah Iliya, an APC chieftain at the launch of a book titled “Wind of change: 72 leadership qualities of Buhari” in Kaduna:

“Let me use this opportunity to deliver a message because there may not be another opportunity to deliver it. We know what is going on in the country today. It has reached the stage that people are hunting for Buhari not to reach that day of election. They have also said that Aisha Buhari is not a Nigerian. Aisha said I should tell everyone that she is a Nigerian. Does it even matter if she is not a Nigerian? What has that got to do with what is happening in this country? “Aisha said she is pleased because the author is a young man; this is an indication that our youths have always understood the problems of this country and they are really pulling us together to fight a common front and that is change.
“We need change in Nigeria. For the past six years, we have been suffering; I wish a woman has been President we wouldn’t have been in this mess. So women, she (Aisha) has asked that I should encourage you to come out and be part of nation building. We are powerful; we are strong and stronger than the men.

“Please support women and next time we will have a woman President in Nigeria.”

ON HER HUSBAND:
In an interview with ThisDay Style, she said of her husband, General Buhari:
“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari is a very humorous person and enjoys listening to comic stories. Whenever he cracks jokes you will laugh till you shed tears. He also likes taking people by surprise. My husband is a family-oriented person. He has very close relationships with his children, grandchild, and entire members of the family. He is very caring and protective of us. My husband believes in women’s education. He encouraged me to pursue my educational goals. I’m sure Nigerian women know the truth that he is a gender sensitive leader and will vote for him against all the political propaganda to discredit him. He insisted during his time as Head of State, that every council should have a female representative.”

ON BEING A FIRST LADY: While in Abuja during the inaugural meeting of the APC women’s presidential campaign initiative, she said:
“My husband, General Muhammadu Buhari has been contesting presidential elections for over a decade now, but this particular election is unique because our leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu jettisoned his personal interest for the sake of Nigeria. In my life, I have never seen an incumbent President that is afraid of elections and PVCs before. Upon all the money the donor agencies contributed to the development of this new technology called PVC that will eliminate rigging, this government is running away from the elections. This is a month of clean hands, and you must go to your constituencies, wash your hands as if you are fighting Ebola virus, everybody should wash their hands because of the fingerprints. You must carry methylated spirits to clean your hands before voting. The PDP is afraid, and it is because they don’t have people.”.

Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by TI1919(m): 11:28am On Mar 24, 2015
grin
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by DuchessLily(f): 11:33am On Mar 24, 2015
OK. Now we knw

1 Like

Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by VickyRotex(f): 11:38am On Mar 24, 2015
shocked shocked See the age gap!!! Buhari is about 27 years older... Shuuuuuuuu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by buharisambisada: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2015
Greed imagine this young girl marrying that old expired milk of a man, well the man would soon die and she would inherit alot of cash and favours to flex her life to the fullest.
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by nwafuluozoh: 11:53am On Mar 24, 2015
Nonsense! Falsified information. She was a Child Bride.
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
VickyRotex:
It doesn't matter, age has notin to do wit love,WISDOM,intelligence,beauty n class,jst love the Buharian style unlik our PRESiD JONA EBOLA's WO-MAN 'NOT' WIFE(not a wife material) MAMA PISS grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by VickyRotex(f): 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
IvipeR:

It doesn't matter, age has notin to do wit love,WISDOM,intelligence,beauty n class,jst love the Buharian style unlik our PRESiD JONA EBOLA's WO-MAN 'NOT' WIFE(not a wife material) MAMA PISS grin grin

shocked shocked undecided embarassed
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by sammyj: 12:21pm On Mar 24, 2015
And so what. Embrace SAI BABA cheesy grin!!
VickyRotex:
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
How does dis affect d chances of ma commander in chief winning d election on saturday undecided?
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by VickyRotex(f): 12:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
sammyj:

I no dey embrace am joor undecided
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
She is beautiful. GMB has taste sha o. He knows what is appealing to the eyes. Just that #TeamNeverAgain. God bless GEJ

Note: I like GMB much more than some of you.
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by omazus: 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
No
sammyj:
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by shaqhead: 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
Nonsense! Falsified information. She was a Child Bride.
Rily? Even wt contrary evidence? Anywy hv u taken time to find out d age difference between late Ojukwu and Bianca?

Let me help u: 34

3 Likes

Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by shaqhead: 1:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
VickyRotex:
Wat of late Ojukwu n Bianca- 34!
Age means nothing...absolutely nothing!
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by fresh15: 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
Stop beating about the bush,Jonathan will defeat Buhari and Aisha on Saturday.

Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by VickyRotex(f): 4:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
shaqhead:

Wat of late Ojukwu n Bianca- 34!
Age means nothing...absolutely nothing!

Huh
Issokay undecided
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by shaqhead: 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
VickyRotex:

Huh
Issokay undecided
Yup...Bianca was born 1967 and Ojukwu 1933....sure u can do d maths cutie!
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by VickyRotex(f): 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
shaqhead:

Yup...Bianca was born 1967 and Ojukwu 1933....sure u can do d maths cutie!

Well, its the days of betrothal at birth... sad
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by shaqhead: 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
VickyRotex:

Well, its the days of betrothal at birth... sad
Ofcourse not, were in a relationship since 1989 (Ojukwu was 56 and Bianca was 22 then) but got married 2004!
So age is jst wat it is...a thing of d mind if u dnt mind! grin smiley
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by VickyRotex(f): 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
shaqhead:

Ofcourse not, were in a relationship since 1989 (Ojukwu was 56 and Bianca was 22 then) but got married 2004!
So age is jst wat it is...a thing of d mind if u dnt mind! grin smiley

Nawa o...

I mind sha!!! embarassed
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by shaqhead: 5:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
funcampus:
Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI
Aisha Buhari is the wife of former Nigerian head of state, Major-General Muhammadu Leko Buhari.
FULL NAMES (alternate names): Hajia Mrs. Aisha Buhari
ORIGIN: She is Fulani from Adamawa State.

BIRTH AND EARLY DAYS: She was born on the 17th of February, 1971 to the family of Mallam Halilu Ahmed Ciroma, who happened to be the nephew of Alhaji Muhammadu Ribadu, Nigeria’s first minister of defence. She is the grand daughter of the Chiroman Adamawa, the first person to hold this traditional title.

EDUCATION & CAREER: Following her marriage as a teenager, her education received the full support of her husband who did not only encourage her but also got her a private tutor. She later proceeded and got a National Certificate in Education (NCE) from the National Teachers Institute (NTI) and her Bachelor of Arts degree from the Ambrose Alli University (Kaduna Satellite campus). Tall, elegant and bespectacled, she holds a masters degree in international affairs and strategic studies from the Nigerian Defence Academy in Kaduna. She also got a diploma in Beauty Therapy from the Carlton Institute of Beauty Therapy, Windsor, United Kingdom and did a certificate course at the French Beauty School, Esthetique Academie in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Oga where did u get this from?
Aisha is a very educated person. She graduated famous Ahmadu Bello university where she earned a Bachelors in Public administration. She also has a post-graduate diploma in cosmetology and beauty, which she got in the Academy Esthetique Beauty Institute of France. Also she is an alumnus of the famous Carlton Institute of London. , Mrs Buhari is currently a graduate student of International Affairs and strategic planning. READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/321598-5-facts-you-need-to-know-about-aisha-buhari.html
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by shaqhead: 6:38pm On Mar 24, 2015
VickyRotex:

Nawa o...

I mind sha!!! embarassed

lol.....lovu never cash u abi.....when lovu cash u n begin shack u...by d time u notice grey hair and wrinkles u don born twins...oya go ask Bianca or Aisha or Celine dione that is Older than her late husband by guess....

check below

26years!
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by VickyRotex(f): 7:05pm On Mar 24, 2015
shaqhead:

lol.....lovu never cash u abi.....when lovu cash u n begin shack u...by d time u notice grey hair and wrinkles u don born twins...oya go ask Bianca or Aisha or Celine dione that is younger than her late husband by guess....

check below

26years!

Joor ooo.. Lovu no fit cash me reach that level...

Everybody got their lives to live tho

You forgot to mention Dabota Lawson undecided
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by shaqhead: 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
VickyRotex:

Joor ooo.. Lovu no fit cash me reach that level...

Everybody got their lives to live tho

You forgot to mention Dabota Lawson undecided
U don dy form immunity for dt kind strong lovu now o...ok o.kontinuu...u right though, one man's meat is anothers bone!

PS: With celine dione I meant Older..shes older than her late hubby!
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by eleko1: 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
VickyRotex:

1 Like

Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by suwailad(f): 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
those of you comparing Buhari and Aisha please compare Bianca and Ojukwu.
but give ffk time, he will be eyeing Aisha, ediot man
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by VickyRotex(f): 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
shaqhead:

U don dy form immunity for dt kind strong lovu now o...ok o.kontinuu...u right though, one man's meat is anothers bone!

PS: With celine dione I meant Older..shes older than her late hubby!

Ofcourse strong immunity sef... grin

Btw I still insist Celine's husband was older... Which late husband? Aint it Rene Angelil that's sick? undecided

Read this http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/65880375.html or this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Ang%C3%A9lil
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by shaqhead: 9:20pm On Mar 24, 2015
VickyRotex:

Ofcourse strong immunity sef... grin

Btw I still insist Celine's husband was older... Which late husband? Aint it Rene Angelil that's sick? undecided

Read this http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/65880375.html or this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Ang%C3%A9lil
Ooops Vickee no vex...i dy type wt sleep for my eyes...no vex ojare...

oya sigh of relief!
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by VickyRotex(f): 9:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
shaqhead:

Ooops Vickee no vex...i dy type wt sleep for my eyes...no vex ojare...

oya sigh of relief!

cheesy cheesy grin grin

Ba wahala smiley
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by darksuit(m): 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
IvipeR:

Intelligence
Hmmmn
The main thing that the current 1st lady lacks!
Re: Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) by raumdeuter: 10:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
buharisambisada:
Greed imagine this young girl marrying that old expired milk of a man, well the man would soon die and she would inherit alot of cash and favours to flex her life to the fullest.

[size=18pt]Just like Ojuku and Biancar[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria / US Report On Igbos!!! Not Again / The End Is Near For Emeka Offor And Other Ex-billonaires.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.