Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,517 members, 7,865,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:14 PM

Is There Some Hidden Agendas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Some Hidden Agendas? (709 Views)

EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) / Biafra And Some Hidden Facts. / Gej's 6 Weeks Performance A Revelation Of Hidden Agendas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Some Hidden Agendas? by jerusalem101: 7:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
As media practitioners and consultants, we used to do one thing while analysing national issues: who is commenting and who is not. What are they saying, what are they not. The aim is to see if an issue initially presented as a national one is actually an ethnic agenda. It is in this context that I have been doing an analysis of the Buhari presidential challenge and I asked: WHERE ARE NORTHERN VOICES? It has been a 'research' I have been doing since January till this year. Granted that Buhari campaigned in the North and pulled massive crowds but where are Northern opinion leaders? On mainstream and social media, the vehemence of the Buhari push is being spear- headed by Yorubas! In all his official engagements, within and outside the country, check the pictures: you wont find a Northerner behind him. The odd men out apart from South- westerners are John Oyegun and Rotimi Amaechi. Yet you see Tinubu, Fashola, Fayemi, Amosun, Lai Mohammed, Mamora and co. I may be proved wrong, but only once have I seen Tambuwal in photo with Buhari! Kwankwaso has quietly withdrawn himself! Atiku hardly talks even when his boy runs Buhari's media organ of the campaign. Wammako, Shettima, el-Rufai don't talk. While Obasanjo is talking every day, Babangida, Abdusalami, Ciroma, Coomasie, Lawal Kaita hardly say anything. Is there something going on? I spoke with a Northern senior friend of mine from Sokoto State who used to head a federal government electronic media arm on why the North is not giving the general the media and moral support required, here are his words: "We want power to return to the North but it seems you Yorubas have a hidden agenda with the way your people are pushing Buhari and turning it into a Yoruba crusade." I prodded him further but he politely declined to say more. I continued this 'research' on Facebook. Whenever someone posts a pro- Buhari or anti-GEJ material, I also usually do a demographic analysis of 'likes' and comments and again, I discovered that it is mostly 75-80% Yoruba thing. Even the Remove-Jega- don't-remove-Jega campaign is PURELY a South-west 'headache'. If you doubt, do your own media survey. Does it mean the feelers are true that most Northern leaders are uncomfortable with the way Tinubu has 'approximated' the change 'struggle'? Are they aware of any agenda some of us are not? I asked these questions because no matter the noise we are making here, high-wire, high stake politicking is going on at the highest level. Good day!!!

1 Like

Re: Is There Some Hidden Agendas? by DesChyko: 7:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hmm.. This OP just plucked a guitar chord.
undecided
Re: Is There Some Hidden Agendas? by Frankenstein: 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
Wonderful observation.
Re: Is There Some Hidden Agendas? by omazus: 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hmmmn. The big one is here.
Re: Is There Some Hidden Agendas? by Collynzo419: 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
jerusalem101:

[s]As media practitioners and consultants, we used to do one thing while analysing national issues: who is commenting and who is not. What are they saying, what are they not. The aim is to see if an issue initially presented as a national one is actually an ethnic agenda. It is in this context that I have been doing an analysis of the Buhari presidential challenge and I asked: WHERE ARE NORTHERN VOICES? It has been a 'research' I have been doing since January till this year. Granted that Buhari campaigned in the North and pulled massive crowds but where are Northern opinion leaders? On mainstream and social media, the vehemence of the Buhari push is being spear- headed by Yorubas! In all his official engagements, within and outside the country, check the pictures: you wont find a Northerner behind him. The odd men out apart from South- westerners are John Oyegun and Rotimi Amaechi. Yet you see Tinubu, Fashola, Fayemi, Amosun, Lai Mohammed, Mamora and co. I may be proved wrong, but only once have I seen Tambuwal in photo with Buhari! Kwankwaso has quietly withdrawn himself! Atiku hardly talks even when his boy runs Buhari's media organ of the campaign. Wammako, Shettima, el-Rufai don't talk. While Obasanjo is talking every day, Babangida, Abdusalami, Ciroma, Coomasie, Lawal Kaita hardly say anything. Is there something going on? I spoke with a Northern senior friend of mine from Sokoto State who used to head a federal government electronic media arm on why the North is not giving the general the media and moral support required, here are his words: "We want power to return to the North but it seems you Yorubas have a hidden agenda with the way your people are pushing Buhari and turning it into a Yoruba crusade." I prodded him further but he politely declined to say more. I continued this 'research' on Facebook. Whenever someone posts a pro- Buhari or anti-GEJ material, I also usually do a demographic analysis of 'likes' and comments and again, I discovered that it is mostly 75-80% Yoruba thing. Even the Remove-Jega- don't-remove-Jega campaign is PURELY a South-west 'headache'. If you doubt, do your own media survey. Does it mean the feelers are true that most Northern leaders are uncomfortable with the way Tinubu has 'approximated' the change 'struggle'? Are they aware of any agenda some of us are not? I asked these questions because no matter the noise we are making here, high-wire, high stake politicking is going on at the highest level. Good day!!![/s]

Are you sure you are a media practitioner? During your training, did they not emphasize the importance of paragraphs when writing?

Your analysis is not only idiotic, it is a daft and incoherent body of meaningless tripe.

All APC governors are strongly in support of Buhari and actively campaign for him in their respective states. Rotimi Amaechi is the DG of the campaign office so he is always visible everywhere the General goes, Oyegun is the Chairman of APC and Fayemi is the head of the policy team which also explains their highly visibility in campaigns and town hall meetings.

The Yoruba politicians you have mentioned- Tinubu, Mamora , SIA, Fashola are always present when he campaigns in the SW, have you ever seen them in northern campaigns? It is same for the Igbo APC leaders like Ngige, Okorocha et al. They are always present during campaigns in the SE. Atiku, Kwankwanso, Tambuwal are always present when he campaigns in the North. The only time you see all the APC leaders together is when they are campaigning in key states like Lagos, Imo, Rivers and in a few days, they will all assemble in Abuja.

Today, Buhari was in Bauchi and Atiku was present. The north is 70% in support of Buhari, in some states, the support is more than 90%.

It is true that Yorubas are actively supporting Buhari but for you to suggest that it Yorubas are the main supporters of Buhari is stu.pid. He has national support and appeal. That will be demonstrated by the results on Sunday

This is the part that made me laugh the hardest.

Whenever someone posts a pro- Buhari or anti-GEJ material, I also usually do a demographic analysis of 'likes' and comments and again, I discovered that it is mostly 75-80% Yoruba thing. Even the Remove-Jega- don't-remove-Jega campaign is PURELY a South-west 'headache'.

Can you tell us how you did this phanthom demographic analysis to determine that 75%-80% of likes for Pro-Buhari comments are from Yorubas?

You are a fake media practitioner, a Jonathanian making things up because you can see that GEJ will loose the election.

(1) (Reply)

"... Let Us Accept That The Blacks And Arabs Is A Symbol Of Poverty, Mental..." / INEC Extends Voting Till Sunday / Photos Of APC Supporters Jubilating Waiting For Buhari To Be Announced As Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.