Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? (1372 Views)

I’m 27 Year Old. I’m I Too Old To Learn Programming? / Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. / What Is The Best Web Design Software And How Can I Learn It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hi every1 pls i need someone to advice me i want to go to ICTtraining and become a software developer but my brother is saying that the stuff is not for somebody like me that am too old as am 34 that it is for much younger people with fresh brain pls how far is this true?thanks
Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by eleko1: 8:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
Nobody finished learning except the dead.Dnt allow anybody to confuse U.If u knw U have a passion/can cope with ICT,go for it.A 75 years old is still pursuing Uni degree.@ 34,U ARE STILL YOUNG.BELIEVE IN YOURSELF,GO ACQUIRE/REGISTER for Info Tech cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by Karlebolu(m): 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2015
eleko1:
Nobody finished learning except the dead.Dnt allow anybody to confuse U.If u knw U have a passion/can cope with ICT,go for it.A 75 years old is still pursuing Uni degree.@ 34,U ARE STILL YOUNG.BELIEVE IN YOURSELF,GO ACQUIRE/REGISTER for Info Tech cool

Gbam! angry

The truth has been spoken!

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by eleko1: 9:15pm On Mar 24, 2015
I tire for some useless/confusionist advisor.
Karlebolu:

Gbam! angry

The truth has been spoken!
Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for your words of courage am stronger now and will definitely do it

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by cendstudios: 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
Get the illustrative Android App Development VIDEO TUTORIAL @ 50% DISCOUNT now on #Konga. SHIPPING is FREE. Click here for it www. konga. com/softwave
Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by eleko1: 12:27am On Mar 25, 2015
Go on and do ur best,May the same God that Established DAniel,Joseph will surely establish U.
Clardo:
Thanks for your words of courage am stronger now and will definitely do it
Whatever Ur hand's' find to do,DO IT.May Urrrr wisdom neVa turn to folishness
Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by Nobody: 5:07am On Mar 25, 2015
cendstudios:
Get the illustrative Android App Development VIDEO TUTORIAL @ 50% DISCOUNT now on #Konga. SHIPPING is FREE. Click here for it www. konga. com/softwave
but am a novice in info tech will i get it if i buy it.thanks though
Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by Karleb(m): 6:43am On Mar 25, 2015
Clardo:

but am a novice in info tech will i get it if i buy it.thanks though

There are many sites that offers free tutorial on App development, just shine your eyes, Google it and do pay some unnecessary money for what you can get for free.
Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by spoilerx: 7:13am On Mar 25, 2015
Karleb:

There are many sites that offers free tutorial on App development, just shine your eyes, Google it and do pay some unnecessary money for what you can get for free.

before you jump to Android development you need basic knowledge of java.
Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by babatope88(m): 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nobody is too old to learn one or two things, acquisition of knowledge is acquisition of knowledge, if you have the conviction that you can cope in the field, why don't you go for it?. Though, you will face frustration many times along the line, age is not a factor to consider if you are really serious about it.
Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by trytillmake(m): 4:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
Clardo:
Hi every1 pls i need someone to advice me i want to go to ICTtraining and become a software developer but my brother is saying that the stuff is not for somebody like me that am too old as am 34 that it is for much younger people with fresh brain pls how far is this true?thanks

Old man u wan learn IT, ha ha ha, just joking, old at 34, guy u can be an IT MANAGER before 35 if u put yrself to it, for yr information IT is nt just programming it encompasses NETWORKING AND SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT so which aspect are u going into, i suggest u go one that u have passion for cause it involves a lot of study and only yr passion will spur u on. ok 2 much talk

if u wanna do programming i suggest u check this site below, it will help u learn step by step, and i repeat u can be an IT MANAGER BY 35 IF U PUT YRSELF TO IT

http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/index.html

u can always ask questions here for guidiance
Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by Guyson(m): 10:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
Most people I trained within that age are not focus in class, they miss class often, and they always want you to spoon feed them with codes.

You are not too old for software development if you are patient, dedicated, and ready to give it 4 hours of your time everyday (both for reading and coding).
Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by Sweetguy25: 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
If you strongly want to learn ICT but you're dissuaded because you feel you're old, you'll regret it for the rest of your life.
Re: Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? by talk2hb1(m): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2015
You are not too old to learn programming, but you might find it challenging programming at this age. As suggested above you could easily creep into being an IT manager at this age of yours.
Welcome to the world of programming

(1) (Reply)

Lets Talk About How You Can Manage Multiple Email Accounts Via Thunderbird / Need Someone That Can Help Code And Do Writeup For Final Year Project / Python Language On Raspberry Pi 3b = Endless Possibilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.