Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 (22096 Views)

South African Court Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years For Human Trafficking [pics] / Court Sentences Two Policemen To Death For Apo 6 Killings / Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by seangy4konji: 2:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nigeria is still about 200 years backwards.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Holadpearl(m): 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
steal #1000,you. are a thief nd a murderer! steal milliions,a celebrity! steal billions, a king! steal the whole treasury, a god!
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by pembisco(m): 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
steppin:
Death sentence for stealing only 10k?
Meanwhile some people are lying under oath, forging certificates and nothing has been done to them.
E no good o!
He was armed, dts the difference
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by jazzsoul: 3:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
When will Nigeria introduce death by hanging for people who steal public money?
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2015
The guy must be a retarded retard.Using a gun for just bloody 10k & phone him nor know where bank dey if na omila hustle him want dey do? Him lucky say the judge reduce his sentence to 21 yrs, the way devil for take dey fck his yansh for hell ehhn angry
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
a lot of posters have no idea of the trauma that comes in the wake of armed robbery. it is never the same after that. at home, you jump at every bump in the night, you are hypervigilant, even though you know it is mostly for nothing.

the same applies to robbery in traffic.

that is the issue. the harm these thugs cause to the psyche of their victims cannot be quantified.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by SirBlack999(m): 6:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
delishpot:
Armed with a gun and cutlass........ so if he had killed the person for just 10k and handset, that is when we will know that robbing with gun is bad ba?

He lay his bed, let him sleep in it.
But he didnt kill anyone,what if he was ur brother,would u be talking dis trash?
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 25, 2015
go 2k
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by delishpot: 8:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
SirBlack999:
But he didnt kill anyone,what if he was ur brother,would u be talking dis trash?

Yes. I will.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by delishpot: 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
doubleDx:

Bros, most Nigerian youths are lynchers or potential lynchers! A capital punishment for stealing seems okay to some of them...na wa oh! See comments from our future leaders.... What a messed up Country!

See comment, see likes LOL! grin Smdh!

If he had killed the person, it would have been a different case, "murder"!

All join. Armed robbery is a very bad crime. It increases risk for death. if he snatched her bag and ran away I will understand. If he took bribe, I will unferstaNd, if he stole company money, i will understand, if he buggled a house I may understand. but to point a person gun? I cant understand.
Armed robbery dikwa very risky for the victim nau
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by amjoy: 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
Armed robbery carries death penalty, even if na guguru d person steal while armed.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by SirBlack999(m): 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
delishpot:

Yes. I will.
Ok,keep talking trash.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by ollyruffy: 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
what are going to sentence all these thiefs that call themselves politicians in Nigeria?
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Emilord(m): 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
I condemned the act of robbery.But,i think his conviction stems from the confessional statement he made in his extra-judicial statement.The lawyer that handled the defence may have made some errors in the appropriate defence he would have raised that will atleast avail him to a lesser conviction.

If he seeks the services of another good advocate,his conviction may be reduced on appeal.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Chimavic007(m): 12:59am On Mar 26, 2015
sauceny:
What of Tinubu that has stolen billions of dollars & wantz to convert the entire Lagos State to his personal property...Why hasn't he held & sent to life imprisonment?

Ask the NPF ??
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by delishpot: 3:10am On Mar 26, 2015
SirBlack999:
Ok,keep talking trash.

Why the vex? Abi do you or your close ones rob with guns too? I am talking trash? grin I have been robbed twice with guns. Those mofos were terrible. Any armed robber caught in the act should face the music. Watch out sha, you may be next to be caught.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by delishpot: 3:13am On Mar 26, 2015
ollyruffy:
what are going to sentence all these thiefs that call themselves politicians in Nigeria?

As soon as they rob with guns too they will face the same music I hope.
But o, without joke sha, we all know people that steal without arms hardly get such sentencing. Highest is long jail term but once arms are involved, that makes it a different ball game.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by SirBlack999(m): 7:00am On Mar 26, 2015
delishpot:

Why the vex? Abi do you or your close ones rob with guns too? I am talkibg tradh? grin I have been robbed twice with guns. Those mofos were terrible. Any armed robber caught in the act should face the music. Watch out sha, you may be next to be caught.
No,you will be the next person.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:16am On Mar 26, 2015
haibe:

you know anyone can be accused of stealing? Imagine it was you, how would a death sentence be

Read the post again. He wasn't wrongly accused. He admitted to doing the crime and was caught doing the crime.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by delishpot: 8:36am On Mar 26, 2015
SirBlack999:
No,you will be the next person.

I cant be nau! I already know that armed robbery is a very bad thing and will not indulge in it unlike you that sees no big deal in arned robberies.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Osarieme415(m): 9:25am On Mar 26, 2015
Pursuant to the Armed Robbery and Firearms Act, the Criminal Code, the accused is deserving of the judgement
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by SirBlack999(m): 9:32am On Mar 26, 2015
delishpot:

I cant be nau! I already know that armed robbery is a very bad thing and will not indulge in it unlike you that sees no big deal in arned robberies.
You are next in line bro.
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by delishpot: 9:58am On Mar 26, 2015
SirBlack999:
You are next in line bro.

grin what ever!
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by owobumars: 11:25am On Mar 30, 2015
Do u know u can get chep data pans from p.tech communications
mtn, and glo
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
Etisalat and aitel
500mb @ 500
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
All Valid for 30days
call chris on 08109910475
BBM 55BD07F3 . Larger sizes available
Re: Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 by Godmother(f): 9:28am On Apr 02, 2015
mperoakeem:
too harsh... Still wondering What will be the punishment of our own 'stealing is not corruption' thieves... Death by burning? No.. Na the same discharge and acquitted. God help us to get tinz right

The punishment is not really hash, it only seems so because the items stolen are not so big.
He got the death sentence cos weapons were involved. Plus he was a repeat offender. If he had stolen those items without using any dangerous weapons, I'm sure the sentence would have been lighter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Herdsman Resists Arrest, Kills Policeman In Kebbi / Businessman And His Driver Shot Dead By Gunmen In Bayelsa (Photos) / Father Kills Two Sons With Poison Over Witchcraft In Bayelsa (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.