Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) (31162 Views)

South African Court Sentences Nigerian To 20 Years For Human Trafficking [pics] / EFCC Arraigns Man Over N4.5m Love Scam (Pictured) / EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by dre11(m): 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
A Nigerian man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison in Vietnam for duping women with the promise of love.

Oshanugor James Anyasi at a trial in Hanoi
on September 29 for involving in a love con to cheat money from Vietnamese woman.

A Hanoi court sentenced a Nigerian man to 12 years in jail Tuesday for two separate fraud convictions, including one for pretending to love women and conning them out of money.

Oshanugor James Anyasi, 35, was convicted of cyber fraud for appropriating other people’s assets.
The love con involved involving three others, including a Vietnamese woman who is serving a three-year sentence given in February for the crime.

Two other Nigerian men, the alleged masterminds, are still at large.
The four met each other in September 2012 and decided to cheat Vietnamese women by hooking up with them online, pretending to become their lovers and promising them expensive gifts, then faking
phone calls and emails from customs and shipping agencies to ask them to transfer shipping fees to certain accounts.

Investigators found they had stolen more than 400 million (US$17,800) from 10 women. Anyasi got 15 percent for playing the role of an English businessman and chatting with the women, the Vietnamese got 10 percent, and the other two, reportedly based in Malaysia, took the rest.

One woman in southern Vietnam paid a “shipping fee” of nearly VND21 million before getting an email asking for another VND46 million. It was then that she
realized it was a scam.

A woman in Nha Trang in central Vietnam paid nearly VND100 million, believing it was a fee to receive around VND10 billion Anyasi was transferring to Vietnam to buy land in the resort town.

A Ho Chi Minh City woman, who was promised an iPhone, a ring and 10,000 pounds, paid nearly VND12 million.
In the other fraud case, Anyasi stole nearly $12,000 by hacking into the email of a Vietnamese company and asking its partners to transfer the money.
He was arrested in February while waiting to board a flight to Cambodia.

http://www.vietnambreakingnews.com/2015/10/nigerian-sentenced-to-jail-for-conning-women-with-false-promises-of-love/

1 Share

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by ijustdey: 12:34pm On Oct 03, 2015
is he begging the judge to be lenient on him for the crime he had committed ni with the way he puts his palms forwardundecided

6 Likes

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2015
The vietnamese woman got 3 years and the nigerian man got 12 years. . . It's orrait!

21 Likes

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by elantraceey(f): 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2015
Good for him , it will serve as a lesson to other lazy, hungry mofos like him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by shammah1(m): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2015
Are you kidding me? shocked

By the time he finishes his jail term it'll be 2027. I'll be a proud owner of a private jet and also will impact a lot lives with my good music. So help me God.

11 Likes

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by teasel: 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
Aren't Nigerian guys tired of this bullshit?!
Can't you guys even advise each other instead of wasting your time whining about women on the internet?
Don't you guys even feel embarrased?
So pathetic.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by kennyman2000(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2015
Okay oo.. Wish u God's strenght to enable u embark on ur prison tourism successfully..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2015
nice
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by kramer: 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
I did not come here to see the name cool

16 Likes

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by GboyegaD(m): 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
At least, he's been rewarded for his laziness.

3 Likes

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by Remilekun101: 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
[size=14pt]f.u.ck that mehn[/size]
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by lilmax(m): 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
Nice
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by levelszik(m): 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
Lol
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by levelszik(m): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
kramer:
I did not come here to see the name cool
who asked u?

1 Like

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by tmv10(m): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
dre11:

A Nigerian man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison in Vietnam for duping women with the promise of love.

http://www.vietnambreakingnews.com/2015/10/nigerian-sentenced-to-jail-for-conning-women-with-false-promises-of-love/

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
Ugly face! Look at the slowpoke pleading like a baby. This animal is messing up the Nigerian image. Jeez! cry cry cry cry cry cry

5 Likes

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by Hidentity(m): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
Just before you pick his name and insult his ethnic group, read this.

I think that I have observed this for quite a while and I think that it need be said.

I expressed my concern on why Nigerian youths remain leaders of tomorrow even till tomorrow to someone a few years back, and he suggested that I become a member of a few social media outfits. I did- Nairaland is one. He didn't say more, but I have seen more.

E-friends, it is easier to trap the water in an ocean in a glass cup than it is to see one reasonable comment on a page on Nairaland. Is it that hard to just ignore a topic if one has nothing intellectually benefiting or wise to say than insult the feelings of a tribe, religion or sex?

Look at it from here, a lot of unemployed youths are here lamenting and the story continues year in and out. If you were an employer, are you likely to take someone on a forum like this serious to conduct the affairs of your business or firm? These things matter, but it seems we either don't know or we just deny that we don't. There are people of incredible and distinguished personalities here, but with these comments fanning the embers of ethnic war, can youths like us be left with sensitive issues like nation building?

We can't lament that we are being sidelined when we lack the diplomatic tact and mental credential to make a simple remarkable comment. Insult me for this, I don't care- people take to insult when they are short of logic. But it is saddening that these e-children of ethnic war are thought to mirror the rest of us who are not in the bandwagon of victims of social, moral and intellectual decadence.

I expected that Seun or the mods would fashion out a way to halt this madness. The truth is that not paying attention to little details has led to several wars and disasters. If this trend of singling out an ethnic group as criminals, rapists or ritualists subsists, we all may not be able to tell the story of the consequences. We can choose our actions, but we cannot choose the consequences, why don't you just keep quiet or type something worthwhile?

I am a proud Yoruba and a Christain, but I know that in my formation process, I became human first before becoming a Yoruba or a Christian and as long as the next person is human, I should be fair to him. Why can't we just live and let live? The leaders of tomorrow are just more terrible than the ones of today.

If an Igbo person is caught for doing drugs, it is not because he is Igbo- it is because of the inherent criminal nature in every human which he didn't curb. If one Hausa man is caught for terrorism, it is not because Hausa people are terrorists, it is because of the inhumane part of every human he did not restrict. If a Yoruba man is caught for raping, it does not make Yoruba people rapists, it is because that particular Yoruba man failed to control the animal instinct in him. Committing crime is never an identity of any tribe or ethnic group because speaking English does not make one a Briton.

The future awaits us- we cannot succeed in giving it the best with the way we reason, comment and react here.

Thanks

85 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by nonesense: 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
grin
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by Aristotle96(m): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
Naija at 55yrs... Niggas still spoiling our name #isorait... Shey then think say vientnam na city u wan go joke with wen dem be one of the leading racist country.. Bro carry yo cross o..
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by mowah: 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
Nigerians just disgracing our country sha. Who has noticed too that we hardly hear good news from nigerians in asia.. Why?

1 Like

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by Viktor1983(m): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
Remilekun101:
[size=14pt]Edo boys no dey carry last[/size]

who ask you...

1 Like

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by Laveda(f): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
People still engage in this...too bad angry angry
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by francoray(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
Lazy yahooo yahoo boy! Good for him
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by JumpingChicken(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
Serves him right.
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by mediachirps(m): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
When they heard you're from the zoo...that's the kind of treatment you get.
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by sanandreas(m): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
Even ur boo get e boo. Magga nor pay tongue
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by kramer: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
levelszik:
who asked u?

The same person that asked you to question me

2 Likes

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by effty(m): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
Warri I hail!
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by Simitrendy: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
Oshanugor James Anyasi, 35, was convicted of
cyber fraud for appropriating other people’s
assets.
35 years old.. he has wasted his life, same thing I use to tell Tosin my nephew to stop hiding his identity on FB to dupe mumu American girls. Maybe if he read this he would change.

1 Like

Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by RichDad1(m): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
Here for the name and nothing more.
Tenks
Re: Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) by Aromas: 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
all4naija:
Ugly face! Look at the slowpoke pleading like a baby. This animal is messing up the Nigerian image. Jeez! cry cry cry cry cry cry
Easy now gringringrin you hand clean cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

81-Year-Old Retired Colonel Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison For Murder. Photos / Drunk Policeman Who Shot People In Warri At A Child Dedication Has Been Arrested / Benue JSS2 Student Wearing Military Uniform Arrested For Robbery (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.