Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) (30911 Views)

Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project / Exam Hall & Condition In FUTO (photo) / The Miracle Tree In FUTO, Federal University Of Technology Owerri (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by ichieakpo(m): 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
HMMMMMMMMM RAPING IN NIGERIA
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by irynterri(f): 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
in futo,man o war students(guys, yes guys)stay in all hostels including female hostels..in dis case the dude stays in hostel c whch also happens to be the poor girl's hostel..stdnts who happened to be awake around dat time said they heard her scream bt d volume of the music was so loud and further incresed that it overwhelmed her voice.the worst is dat d act was perpertrated by more than person..in my own opinion she was raped bt due to the stigma in the african society everything is been sketchy to protect her "dignity".this is so inhumane,i see no reason why guys should rape their fellow student,i pray Dr Mrs Asiabaka will fight for her right..dats why she is the uni's mum anyway

2 Likes

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by jbaby265(f): 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
i hear..futo hmmm
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by versashee: 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
the story I hear dey different Sha... I heard she went to fetch water by 1am wearing a skimpy cloth... Mehn, the guy man just pounce on am Chow her very well. now this is a different story.... #Great futoites
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by skykenny: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
"she went back to her hostel and her room mates asked her to go" To go and do what at that tym of the night? why didn't they follow her? Was she trying to test the C.O. Man O' war? She no know say na paramilitary boy em be? She must have gone there and insulted d guy and d guy landed her hot slap and she framed it to be a rape. Some girls are devilish. In as much as am against rape or female molestation, but the story is sketchy.

1 Like

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by cacali(f): 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
Abiagirl777:

I schooled and lived there and I know what the man o wars can do, they intimidate hostel occupants a lot especially she must have been caught urinating infront of her room (bucket)instead of going to the toilet, I guess she went to negotiate with him lyk the girls always did unfortunately she met the unexpected.
If you are caught , you face the school security/senate
Then she should have gone with somebody else.
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by xbernardx(m): 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
Maybe she disobeyed the. School rules and he wanted to flog her at night so she won't cry and disturb lectures.

grin

grin

grin
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by busky101(m): 1:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
yuncka:
But how the girl take reach the hostel? Abegi o, girls make Una no dey follow man go house or room, there is every possibilty that his body will not be a firewood.

Smh, CUMander in Chief of Man O F*ck.
the c-in-c the live inside the girl's hostel. Its been a long way coming tho. I know say the gals go find way pursue dem comot hostel c...
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Fourwinds: 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
some girls and stu..pidity no get rival. at nite., someone call u and d same girls in ur room advice u to go and see d person. u went. u cannt use ur medula Oblaganta abi. I don't know y foolish is increasing among youths dese days
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by boujaye: 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
[size=16pt]Nigerians decide wisely...[/size]

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by derolemode(m): 1:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
Lets be careful when addressing conflicting issues like this.
As a man O' war member I know the repercussion for gross misconduct Nevertheless we always have issues of impersonation which we dont take likely @all.
I have seen my fellow collegues been asked to kneel and apologise to a girl for misconduct & consiquently drilled 30 matchet lashes and dismissed from the organisation.
What we prefer pple doing is ask for an ID if u are invited to the office & never follow anybody outside the school in the name of arresting you.
just like in the issue of the ALUU4 we were also accused of being involved in the saga but further investigation revieled we were never there cos our duties are bound within the scool premises except 4 issues that involves our member knows no boundary.
We are always one.
Hope this enlightens u all about Man O' war Nigeria.
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Fourwinds: 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
cacali:
Then she should have gone with somebody else.
thank u. u get sense well well.
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by kelEmi(m): 2:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
yuncka:
But how the girl take reach the hostel? Abegi o, girls make Una no dey follow man go house or room, there is every possibilty that his body will not be a firewood.

Oga Hostel C and D na Girls hostels. Just that Man -O- War de all Hostels, both boys and girls hostels.
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2015
Federal school with bad toilet.

Well, well,,,,.......thanks again to the PDP.

Just recently, a high ranking ASUU official sounded a note of warning......Abuja has not paid the money. In brief...the 1.5 trillion over five years promised in 2013....is very very slow in comming.

Meanwhile....the hostel stinks. The toilet is bad....and students have to urinate outside.

I don't blame them for protesting....and that Man-O war should be kicked out of the organization and prosecuted (I have interacted with members of that distinguished organization....and they were all men and women of honor.)

But the point remains. PDP is not funding our federal universities like FUTO well. And since they do not want to raise fees because....politics....they have to find extra cash for the universities. But they won't. Meanwhile...our students continue to suffer in silence.

It is in times like this that I wonder why some people still support the PDP. Do they live in this country?

Nigerian universities are in a mess....and PDP has done nothing about that mess. Looks like we either continue managing...or we pay fees of N300000 upward. No buts. Women should not be urinating outside at night...or even during the day. It is disgraceful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Fourwinds: 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
irynterri:
in futo,man o war students(guys, yes guys)stay in all hostels including female hostels..in dis case the dude stays in hostel c whch also happens to be the poor girl's hostel..stdnts who happened to be awake around dat time said they heard her scream bt d volume of the music was so loud and further incresed that it overwhelmed her voice.the worst is dat d act was perpertrated by more than person..in my own opinion she was raped bt due to the stigma in the african society everything is been sketchy to protect her "dignity".this is so inhumane,i see no reason why guys should rape their fellow student,i pray Dr Mrs Asiabaka will fight for her right..dats why she is the uni's mum anyway
do u know d girl is stu..pid. y didn't she call another person to follow her dere. and BTW what was she doing outside. if it was to pee., and she did it in d wrong place it means she invited trouble for herself
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Eberex(m): 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
This happened in IMSU, or have they changed FUTO to IMSU?
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by FredHandsome(m): 2:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
derolemode:
Lets be careful when addressing conflicting issues like this.
As a man O' war member I know the repercussion for gross misconduct Nevertheless we always have issues of impersonation which we dont take likely @all.
I have seen my fellow collegues been asked to kneel and apologise to a girl for misconduct & consiquently drilled 30 matchet lashes and dismissed from the organisation.
What we prefer pple doing is ask for an ID if u are invited to the office & never follow anybody outside the school in the name of arresting you.
just like in the issue of the ALUU4 we were also accused of being involved in the saga but further investigation revieled we were never there cos our duties are bound within the scool premises except 4 issues that involves our member knows no boundary.
We are always one.
Hope this enlightens u all about Man O' war Nigeria.
Sir, would you be kind enough to educate me on the role of the Man O War Cadets in schools and why aren't they present in all the schools, especially, the federal schools?
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by kandiikane(m): 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
yuncka:

It is a shame that in Nigeria, you cannot trust a man. You cannot even visit a friend just because he is male, if he invites you over, you have to say no because he will ra.pe you. This is the message you guys are sending out and it is nothing to be proud of, it is a shameful mentality. Basically all of you are perverts and potential ra.pists! For shame!

@topic, very good for these women.

next thing is for men to go on the road protesting that they are not all perverts and ra.pists in waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by mildteddy(m): 2:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
cacali:
At that time of the night, she went out to see the guy alone? What was she thinking? And what did she expect from the guy, to sing her bedtime lullabies? SMH.

U spoke like u know what u're talking about.
Man o war is like police in FUTO. They call any student whenever they want. They can knock on ur door by 2:00am to check receipts. They are that enabled. Always ask to be clarified before criticism.

2 Likes

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by woodboi(m): 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
Pls to everyone if you don't have knowledge about how Futo system operate, don't judge the girl. Man O War in Futo is the same with Military in the outside world if not more than (motto: obey before complain), they even have guns to their advantage, creating nuisance to the school system and I can't fault them because the VC and Dean of Student affairs use them to their advantage.

Its a normal thing for girls to wear things dat makes them feel comfortable at night (pls let's not over beat the this). These agents are coward and will do anything at a particular moment to drive dia point. The most painful thing is they are also student both graduates and undergraduates mostly with poor result and nothing to show for after 5 to 7 yrs in school environment.

On the protest: I pray if they can achieve anything out of it, everything in Futo starts with cowardice and ends the same way. Highest! The school authority will acknowledge to look into the matter and maybe act on paper, while the culprit still live large around school.

2 Likes

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Richy4(m): 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Federal school with bad toilet.

Well, well,,,,.......thanks again to the PDP.

Just recently, a high ranking ASUU official sounded a note of warning......Abuja has not paid the money. In brief...the 1.5 trillion over five years promised in 2013....is very very slow in comming.

Meanwhile....the hostel stinks. The toilet is bad....and students have to urinate outside.

I don't blame them for protesting....and that Man-O war should be kicked out of the organization and prosecuted (I have interacted with members of that distinguished organization....and they were all men and women of honor.)

But the point remains. PDP is not funding our federal universities like FUTO well. And since they do not want to raise fees because....politics....they have to find extra cash for the universities. But they won't. Meanwhile...our students continue to suffer in silence.

It is in times like this that I wonder why some people still support the PDP. Do they live in this country?

Nigerian universities are in a mess....and PDP has done nothing about that mess. Looks like we either continue managing...or we pay fees of N300000 upward. No buts. Women should not be urinating outside at night...or even during the day. It is disgraceful.

Sorry I didn't quote people any how but is PDP not a party? What has it got to do with federal university?
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
Richy4:

Sorry I didn't quote people any how but is PDP not a party? What has it got to do with federal university?

Don't pretend now....dont pretend.

FUTO is run by the Federal Ministry of Education....which is run by the PDP appointed Minister Shekau (ex gov of Kano state...and ex principal).

The Federal Govt is run by the PDP....who won the 2011 ELECTION.

(Or you want to tell me that Buhari has been president all this time? Golly!).

Look....PDP run govt has not funded education well in this coutnry...which is why the rape mess in FUTO is happening.

If they had paid the N3 trillion promised to universities in 2009.....and had added N10 trillion.....or increased school fees....maybe the young rape victim would have been using the pristine hostel toilet....instead of urinating outside at night.

You PDP supporters....do you really enjoy suffering and smiling?

1 Like

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by cacali(f): 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
mildteddy:

U spoke like u know what u're talking about.
Man o war is like police in FUTO. They call any student whenever they want. They can knock on ur door by 2:00am to check receipts. They are that enabled. Always ask to be clarified before criticism.
Hellooooo, I know exactly what I am talking about. Aside from the fact that I went to one of the best universities in this country, I also know that it is generally unsafe to walk or move alone at night. I am not saying she shouldn't have gone to answer the call, especially if they are that powerful in ur school. What I said is she should have gone with somebody who can at least if not be a witness for her, then maybe serve as a restraint to the molesters. If she had gone with someone and they sent they person back, then it would have been a different case. Pls do not go out at night alone, not even if it is Jonathan calling you. Many, many lives have been lost that way.
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
I was once c.in.c of man o war FUNAAB(2009/2010).... You hardly see students like us..... I suggest there shld be a medical investigation to confirm..... It fit be frame up. I support the C O to face full wrath of law if really indicted
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Stanboby(m): 3:05pm On Mar 25, 2015
it happened real....am a futo student

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
cacali:
At that time of the night, she went out to see the guy alone? What was she thinking? And what did she expect from the guy, to sing her bedtime lullabies? SMH.
They have their Command room in all Hostels, including the female ones, and they kinda instill fear among students living in the Hostel, so their orders aint neglected like that.
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by santos876(m): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
sthecy:
YES!! It appenin life in mai hostel here in FUTO!!
seriously...... wic hostel.....A or B?
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Richy4(m): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Don't pretend now....dont pretend.

FUTO is run by the Federal Ministry of Education....which is run by the PDP appointed Minister Shekau (ex gov of Kano state...and ex principal).

The Federal Govt is run by the PDP....who won the 2011 ELECTION.

(Or you want to tell me that Buhari has been president all this time? Golly!).

Look....PDP run govt has not funded education well in this coutnry...which is why the rape mess in FUTO is happening.

If they had paid the N3 trillion promised to universities in 2009.....and had added N10 trillion.....or increased school fees....maybe the young rape victim would have been using the pristine hostel toilet....instead of urinating outside at night.

You PDP supporters....do you really enjoy suffering and smiling?

I am very far from pretending man. I never knew Parties has a lot of edge on the federal government affairs.like education in Nigeria. That was really sick
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by santos876(m): 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Stanboby:
it happened real....am a futo student
wat department are u?
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Affableacho(m): 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
veraiyke:
I don't mean to be harsh but answering such a call at nights alone is stupidity. If none of the room mates offered to accompany her she should have declined that call. It a lesson for her. School authority shouls look into it doh

Only a futoite will understand, Man O War's were bullies, totally avioded dealings with them cause, my temper no dey dis planet, and the victim is likely a first year student.
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
Richy4:

I am very far from pretending man. I never knew Parties has a lot of edge on the federal government affairs.like education in Nigeria. That was really sick

Well...in a democracy...the Party that wants to win power sets forth its policies for everything....from education to farming, to sports to defence...and implements them as best as it can once in office.

So far....the problem Education has is funding. And thanks to the drop in oil prices....we may not have enough money to fund education(and that is why I am angry with PDP...their economic policy has not done much to get us off oil...and into industries...which would give us a hefty GDP wich might enable us to declare education free of charge).

So....the govt is left with two options....find more money somehow...or increase fees. Covenant University students pay N500000 per annum. We may call Bishop Oyedepo wicked....but do the female students in his hostels urinate outside? (And if they did....Oyedepo would sack the chaps in charge of the hostel pronto). Infact.....I wonder why PDP and APC have not discussed education more seriously. They ought to.
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by kenx27(m): 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
Women so much admire force men, maybe because of security purposes, why must you answer such call at night, don't you Know your right? Medicine after death, wen the man don read ur bible finish, u com dey complain* next time try use your HEADPAN

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto Applicant, Lets Meet Here / Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science / Adedipe Oluwatosin Wins Young Nigerian Scientist Of The Year & N1M Yearly Grant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.