Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) (30909 Views)

Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project / Exam Hall & Condition In FUTO (photo) / The Miracle Tree In FUTO, Federal University Of Technology Owerri (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Chylo(m): 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
Fourwinds:
do u know d girl is stu..pid. y didn't she call another person to follow her dere. and BTW what was she doing outside. if it was to pee., and she did it in d wrong place it means she invited trouble for herself

My friend, what is wrong with you? Because she peed outside, she invited rape to herself? Please don't say such nonsense again before I vex slap you from my computer.
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Richy4(m): 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Well...in a democracy...the Party that wants to win power sets forth its policies for everything....from education to farming, to sports to defence...and implements them as best as it can once in office.

So far....the problem Education has is funding. And thanks to the drop in oil prices....we may not have enough money to fund education(and that is why I am angry with PDP...their economic policy has not done much to get us off oil...and into industries...which would give us a hefty GDP wich might enable us to declare education free of charge).

So....the govt is left with two options....find more money somehow...or increase fees. Covenant University students pay N500000 per annum. We may call Bishop Oyedepo wicked....but do the female students in his hostels urinate outside? (And if they did....Oyedepo would sack the chaps in charge of the hostel pronto). Infact.....I wonder why PDP and APC have not discussed education more seriously. They ought to.

It's ok man. Thanks for letting me know. I never knew student affairs office does not exist in your institution to fix common toilet. And they are waiting for the federal government to do that.

Just stay safe man and God bless
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
Richy4:

It's ok man. Thanks for letting me know. I never knew student affairs office does not exist in your institution to fix common toilet. And they are waiting for the federal government to do that.

You too.

Re...Student Affairs....they do have a lot to do (in all my years in university I did not 'feel '' them at all! grin....but then again...funding!

Eventually...we are going to increase fees in this country. Better start saving for your child's education when she is still in the womb.....
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Richy4(m): 4:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
bushdoc9919:

You too.

Re...Student Affairs....they do have a lot to do (in all my years in university I did not 'feel '' them at all! grin....but then again...funding!

Eventually...we are going to increase fees in this country. Better start saving for your child's education when she is still in the womb.....

I hope my children doesn't stay in Nigeria man. They will only come on holidays and disappear.
I will not want them urinating outside.

They could be charged for public exposure. $250 fine

1 Like

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by alexov(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
Let's call a spade a spade. What he did was wrong, there's no justification. Those of you giving excuses for the guy, what if it was your sister that was in the girl's shoes. Y'all should think about that. Say no to violence against women.

2 Likes

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Fourwinds: 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
Chylo:

My friend, what is wrong with you? Because she peed outside, she invited rape to herself? Please don't say such nonsense again before I vex slap you from my computer.
do u know dat any girl lurking around at nite is prone to rape., ritual attack., being robbed etc compare to a boy. I'm not justifying rape but at nite as a girl u need to be careful. do u know a lot of girls have been raped at nite because deir yansh no dey stay for one place and dey cannt say it out even to deir best friends. even some girls like travelling at nite. I'm very sure some are not alive to tell d story what dey saw. if it was during day time most of dese rape related issues are avoidable. cannt dey use deir brain
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by mildteddy(m): 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
cacali:
Hellooooo, I know exactly what I am talking about. Aside from the fact that I went to one of the best universities in this country, I also know that it is generally unsafe to walk or move alone at night. I am not saying she shouldn't have gone to answer the call, especially if they are that powerful in ur school. What I said is she should have gone with somebody who can at least if not be a witness for her, then maybe serve as a restraint to the molesters. If she had gone with someone and they sent they person back, then it would have been a different case. Pls do not go out at night alone, not even if it is Jonathan calling you. Many, many lives have been lost that way.

I know you know what you're saying as it applies to 'one of the best university' you attended, but when it comes to FUTO, helloo?
The girl did a normal thing any other person would have done in FUTO. Girls move around from night classes to hostel at that time in the night (some times on their own). People still go about their activities at that time of the night without fear of assault or harrassment. Going to answer a call by C-in-C alone in the night is the most innocent thing a fresher could do, especially one that doesnt want to commit or wants to find out what she committed that offends the command. And besides the Man O' War command is in the same hostel, not outside.
(I cant believe I just typed all these stuff)
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Kruzilano(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
From d pics.... Dats futo hostel E building block la.....
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by yuncka: 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
kandiikane:

It is a shame that in Nigeria, you cannot trust a man. You cannot even visit a friend just because he is male, if he invites you over, you have to say no because he will ra.pe you. This is the message you guys are sending out and it is nothing to be proud of, it is a shameful mentality. Basically all of you are perverts and potential ra.pists! For shame!

@topic, very good for these women.

next thing is for men to go on the road protesting that they are not all perverts and ra.pists in waiting.

Bro U are a bit right, but still prevention is better than cure. Even bible admonishes one to cut-off any association dat will lead U into temptation. Its better U organize meetings in public places.
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
sthecy:
YES!! It appenin life in mai hostel here in FUTO!!
I need to visit FUTO for something. How do I get there from Owerri town?
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by cutieemperorh(m): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
Richy4:

Verily I said onto u, even people that can not impregnate their wives blame it on the federal government this days...
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by 400billionman: 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
Some girls are light brained.

If you want to see me and its past 7pm, you will have to wait till morning.

Nawa o for their stu.pid.ity
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by derolemode(m): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
FredHandsome:

Sir, would you be kind enough to educate me on the role of the Man O War Cadets in schools and why aren't they present in all the schools, especially, the federal schools?
Try to find out dat in any school u find Man O' War there is a reduced level of social vices because dey are among the students and dis helps in intelligence gathering and crime prevention.
For example take the State Polytechnic, Rivers state where a student was gunned down @ broad daylight, this was the situation in Federal Polytechnic, Nekede until the introduction of Man O' War to the school. You can make ur research and ask questions if necessary. Some say we are too tough but its not our fault we are trained to tackle tough stubborn students.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 25, 2015
Stanboby:
it happened real....am a futo student
Please how do one get to futo from town these days?
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by smilyice(m): 6:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
123gist:
Konji na bastards............... The moment it strike anytin is f*ckable even goat and chicken!
. Lol

1 Like

Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by smilyice(m): 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
Why did she go out alone at that time?.....na wetin She want she get ooo
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by jeffoe(m): 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2015
Asamba Asamba ......... This is not what man o war represent, the institution build discipline, commitment etc the school authority should investigate the matter if d c-in-c is found guilty which I doubt, he should be handed over to the police. the standard used to be high then @ my alma mata. Alaska........
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Kizito2nv(m): 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
derolemode:
Lets be careful when addressing conflicting issues like this.
As a man O' war member I know the repercussion for gross misconduct Nevertheless we always have issues of impersonation which we dont take likely @all.
I have seen my fellow collegues been asked to kneel and apologise to a girl for misconduct & consiquently drilled 30 matchet lashes and dismissed from the organisation.
What we prefer pple doing is ask for an ID if u are invited to the office & never follow anybody outside the school in the name of arresting you.
just like in the issue of the ALUU4 we were also accused of being involved in the saga but further investigation revieled we were never there cos our duties are bound within the scool premises except 4 issues that involves our member knows no boundary.
We are always one.
Hope this enlightens u all about Man O' war Nigeria.
am sory to contradict you my frnd i graduated from futo and the man o war guys there ar so arogant they are worse than the nigerian police and also very corrupt , those of you saying that 1 of her roomates should hav gone wit her will not undstand if dese boys invite you and another persons comes with d person n question may face some consequences d best most students do in school is to avoid them i pray the culprit is purnished but the man o war shouldnt b disbanded in futo cos even in thier stupidty dey still maintain some form order in school their headoffic should as be removed from a grls hostel to any of the male hostels
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by zinachidi(m): 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ontarget:

Please how do one get to futo from town these days?
from where u are come to mbaise road jxn, douglas rd. There is wihere our buses load from
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by immv(f): 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
the girl in question was my formal bunky ..she went to take her bath as she always did wen d C n C saw her and asked his PA to call her...and that was it. though the man o war thing has been dissolved in Futo 4 now by the VC wen he came to see 4 him self after d students went protesting at the senate 4 change...
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Kizito2nv(m): 11:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
immv:
the girl in question was my formal bunky ..she went to take her bath as she always did wen d C n C saw her and asked his PA to call her...and that was it. though the man o war thing has been dissolved in Futo 4 now by the VC wen he came to see 4 him self after d students went protesting at the senate 4 change...
so no more man o war in futo chai see opotunity to sleep for grls hostel oo but if its true den u students should be more security concious cos i hrd most of the man o war guys are system men dey may unleash mayhem on unsuspectn students just to get attention if i still dey and this matter happens i will suspend nyt class till further notic even though i stayd off camp all throu may years but still will nyt waka to hostel and environs same applies to girls who go fro *mbomchi*
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by simdam500(m): 11:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
All will end in no time.... minutes sef sad let just see where the protest can take them
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 26, 2015
sthecy:
YES!! It appenin life in mai hostel here in FUTO!!
English!
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by geraldben(m): 1:47am On Mar 26, 2015
D guy don Bleep up...expulsion tinz
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by aulmatro: 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
Adonbilivit! pishures biko!! meanwhileboth the gal and her rummies are dumb..motherfuckerz!
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by FredHandsome(m): 7:51am On Mar 29, 2015
derolemode:

Try to find out dat in any school u find Man O' War there is a reduced level of social vices because dey are among the students and dis helps in intelligence gathering and crime prevention.
For example take the State Polytechnic, Rivers state where a student was gunned down @ broad daylight, this was the situation in Federal Polytechnic, Nekede until the introduction of Man O' War to the school. You can make ur research and ask questions if necessary. Some say we are too tough but its not our fault we are trained to tackle tough stubborn students.
Well said sir. But why aren't the Man 'o' war cadets in all the Federal schools, at least?
Re: Students Protest Alleged Attempted Rape In FUTO (Pics) by owobumars: 11:14am On Mar 30, 2015
Do u know u can get chep data pans from p.tech communications
mtn, and glo
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
Etisalat and aitel
500mb @ 500
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
All Valid for 30days
call chris on 08109910475
BBM 55BD07F3 . Larger sizes available

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto Applicant, Lets Meet Here / Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science / Adedipe Oluwatosin Wins Young Nigerian Scientist Of The Year & N1M Yearly Grant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.