Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? (3542 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / What Value Does The Bible Have For A Foetus? / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by solajacobs(m): 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2006
How can a man be born again? After being born again, what next? Of what value is it?

Your contributions will go a long way in bringing souls to Christ.
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by eselove(f): 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2006
Being born again is a Spiritual experience that ends up affecting your physical existence. You get born again by accepting that Jesus died for your sins on the cross so you won't have to go to hell and then accept Him as your Lord and Personal Saviour.
Decide to live for Him daily by studying your bible, living in obedience to the Bible and also start attending a bible believing church.From here, you have a good start.
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by donmayor(m): 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2006
Repent of all your sins, believe in Jesus and study the word of God. Let that word be the standard for your life not what some preacher who should have spent more time studying the word of God than preaching says. After being born again, you grow and that process comes about by studying the word of God and praying. Christianity has given me a reason to live. Remove God from my life and I'm so sure I would be on third mainland jumping into the lagoon or is it ocean?
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by angelu(f): 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2006
[color=#006600][/color] hi, u asked what next after being born again right, I personally think u shud surrender the driva seat of ur life to God , and enjoy the ride. dont get me wrong its not all flowers and butterflies, there'll be trials. but with God by ur side u cant go wrong. You can also get baptised and also ask God 4 his spirit. The value of being born again is that u get to enjoy a wonder4ul relationship with ur father in heaven, u get the best things God wants 4 u, and oh yeah, u avoid hell, peace out,
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by Babybee(f): 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2006
Being born again? its a very great gain, with loads of new experiences. Its not gonna be rossy though, but u'll enjoy it.U have a hope after this life n its also good to knw dat a crown of glory awaits u. Nice isint it?
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by otokx(m): 3:18am On Sep 04, 2006
Let no man deceive you, in the world you would have tribulations but be of good cheer,

being born again is of great eternal value.
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by ten(m): 7:35am On Sep 04, 2006
being born again is very good,but men, you need to wprk hard to stay in it,being a christian is not an easy do,trials,and enough temptation would arise
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by EmemJU(f): 7:51am On Sep 04, 2006
How to become born-again/christian/follower of Christ, is found in Acts 2:38 (Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you will receive the GIFT of the Holy Ghost.)
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by juw0n(m): 11:01am On Sep 04, 2006
Once you are born again there will be alot of temptation.pls read Ephesians 6 :1-end ,and joshua 1:8-9
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by DeepSoul(f): 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2006
The value of being born again is that you'll share a place with The Father (when the time comes) in a place where there is no more suffering, no more pain. When the time comes. But till then, be steadfast o! because, e no easy.
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by jeffolala(f): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2006
HOW TO GET BORN AGAIN:
First of all i'll like you to know that Man is a Spirit, he is beyond the physical structure we see or feel HE IS A SPIRIT,the Bible lets us know that GOD is a Spirit Being, and the Bible also says that GOD has made uis in his own image and likeness , therefore WE ARE LIKE GOD.

Being Born Again is a great experience , the clearly state and i quote 'Being Born Again not of Corruptible seed but of Incurruptible" the corruptible seed here , refers to the "sperm " from Man , and all know that Man has sinned and come short of the glory of GOD.therefore the need to be Born Again.

Being Born Again implies declaring that JESUS CHRIST is the LORD of your life , he is your personal LORD and SAVIOUR, when make this declaration with your whole heart and meaning it with all of your heart , something changes in you of which you can not see, its in the reahm of the "SPIRIT", your Spirit being accept that new knowledge of your new personalty(the new man in CHRIST).

With this new knowledge of who you are in christ, you start doing those things that are consistent with the word of GOD, you'll need to stop all the things that you used to do , that draws you back, those things that are not consistent with GOD, obey the principles and wishes of GOD., the Bible clearly declare that as you declare CHRIST as your LORD and SAVIOUR "old things have passed away and all things have become NEW" this means all your past habbits, sins etc have passed away ; YOU ARE NOW A NEW PERSON.

WHAT NEXT:
What u need to do next like i said above
1.Stop all those u used to do that are not consistent with the word of GOD
2.Start doing all those things that are in line with GOD's words and Plan for your life.
3.Get a good Bible for youirself
4. Look for and start worshiping with a BIBLE Believing church, not just worshiping there,be part of the VISION of the church, by joining a department in church( be active with all chuech activity)
5. In your church , you'll have to  know how to pray in the SPIRIT (Speaking in tongues)  its a powerfull experience!!
6.Buy and use church materials effectively, ( our pastors messages, tapes, vcd's, dvd's etc.
7. Be a partner with all the VISSION of the church, be a giver towards your partnership, by helping to move the gospel forward.
8. Read your Bible religiously and faithfully(daily) and meditate on the WORD, and pray
9. Learn to speak the right thing to yourself
10. Appeciate every good thing that comes your way.
11. Do not plan to miss any Church service for any reason

THE GREAT VALUE

1. you'll continously have a GREAT , FULLFILLED, BLESSED, PROPERIOUS, INDESTRUCTABLE, SUCCESSFULL, GLORIOUS , LIFE.

Thanks for this oppotunity to BLESS U
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by dipotepede(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2006
The word born again has been misrepresented and confused no wonder such a post on the thread.

The word born again was only used once in the bible to depict the source of the productivity that Nicodemus saw in Jesus. Jesus said unless you are born again; you can not see the kingdom of God.

The Kingdom of God is the main focus of christianity not born again.

Your being transferred from the Kingdom of Darkness to the Kingdom of light requires a re-birth in the spirit which makes you awaken to the sensors of the King of the Kingdom. Jesus could have said it in another way "REPENT!" - RENEW YOUR MIND TO A DIFFERENT MIND.

Except a man is born of the spirit and water, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. It is like swapping citizenship. When you change citizenship from Nigeria to Ghana; you have to learn the cultures, the way of operation of an average Ghanian to fully represent the country. There is a continuous change of mind as we enter into the new citizenship of the Kingdom so we can fully represent the Kingdom of God.

This is why you have Pastors, Prophets, Apostles, Evangelist and Teachers to teach you the way of the Kingdom until you become a matured christian fully exemplifying God on Earth.

Being born again ( as we use it in todays parlance) is just a ticket to view the Kingdom but to be a citizen, you must be born of the spirit and water which takes a process of training. I am sure you know getting a ticket to Egypt does not automatically make you an Egyptian. Even when you receive a citizenship status(which is born of the spirit); you still have to understand the culture of the people.

So being born again is just one of the allegories Christ used in depicting the entrance to the Kingdom of God. It is not on its own a status you obtain.

So I believe you should re-phrase your post!
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by donjazzie(m): 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2006
being born again is a special sacrifice u make to God and every sacrifice for God makes you a convenant and as a convenant child of God u stand to gain everything u believe God can do for u cuz as humans there are alot of tasks beyond our ability and only God can handle such things cuz he's soverign and beyond our imagination and ability, it's sumtin for everybody
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by nico(m): 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2006
My Step-Aunt claims, she is a born-again Christian
but I think she's one messed-up Spinster.
My guess, is she Joined the church because she can't get no man.
One minute she is praying and reading the Bible, next she's swearing and cursing me out.
I really believe she's "one sandwich short of a picnic".
My step-Dad who is her brother, is really scared of her.
Is it our fault her love-vendor didn't marry Her?
One day I questioned her about her swearing,
She slapped me and finished off me with an upper hook jab on my jaw
then, She told me to "get lost". embarassed
I tell u "she's an unrepentant and bitter old crow", who needs to be in a nut house
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by donjazzie(m): 7:26pm On Sep 05, 2006
pray for her. she needs God's help and realise dat nobody is perfect she might jst be lettin her emotions bring her down whioch isn't too right
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by Ndipe(m): 2:39am On Sep 06, 2006
As Jesus talked with Nicodemus, He said ", Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, You must be born again, " (John 3:3-7).

Culled from

http://www.gotquestions.org/born-again.html

P/S: If you are not born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God. That is absolutely true!!!
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by kellybaba(m): 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2006
One of the Products of dis experience wch i have had culd b summarised thus:

Having d 'priviledge' of having a one-on-one chat with the Father in the Spirit realm and waking up with such Divine Information that puts me 100% in control of events around me.

No fears,no suspicions,no hassles ! Just operating like a 'god'(child of GOD)

Its such a glorious xperience !
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by donjazzie(m): 6:18pm On Sep 06, 2006
kellybaba:

One of the Products of this experience wch i have had culd b summarised thus:

Having d 'priviledge' of having a one-on-one chat with the Father in the Spirit realm and waking up with such Divine Information that puts me 100% in control of events around me.

No fears,no suspicions,no hassles ! Just operating like a 'god'(child of GOD)

Its such a glorious xperience !

TRUE WORD BROTHER
BLESS U
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by solajacobs(m): 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2006
Thank you so much. May God continue to be with you.
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by donjazzie(m): 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2006
thanks bro and god will continue to be withyou in your endeavours too
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by bimmy: 10:36am On Sep 07, 2006
the value cannot be quantified, but for me i know it is a pleasant experience to know that apart from all the hassles of this world i still have somewhere better to go to.

what next- the bible says that you have to work out your salvation with fear and trembling . this is to say it is not going to be easy but tap into the endless strenght of God and He would see you through.

Cheers
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by charm01(m): 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2006
It means being like God here on earth, 1john 4:17,1pet 2:1-6 wink
Re: Being Born Again: How, What Next, And Of What Value? by solajacobs(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2008
It means Being christ like.

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Fire / Throwback Of Archbishop Ben Idahosa And Pastor E.A. Adeboye / I Am From China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.