Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Fresh Fire - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fresh Fire (3545 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Fire by Kintayo(f): 11:45am On Mar 01, 2007
The place of the Holy Spirit in every believer’s life cannot be overemphasized. Believers take their cue from our Lord Jesus Christ, who had to wait for the power of the Holy Ghost before he could proceed with his ministry. Shortly before he ascended to heaven, he told his disciples in Acts 1: 8 that they would receive power after the Holy Ghost came on them, which was fulfilled in our reading today.

In the past I thought: once filled, forever filled. But I later discovered that there are several levels of being full of the Holy Ghost and that when filled, and you use your spiritual battery once or twice, you will need to be filled again. You need fresh fire from the Lord on a daily basis to be able to cope with the daily challenges in life and ministry. When the first fire descended in Acts 2: 2- 4, it changes the history of the church from 120 or 3120 with just a single message by Peter. Similarly, a well-known lame man who sat at the Beautiful Gate was healed and this led to another message that turned the Church from 3120 to 8120 people. What incredible growth!

Today many claim to have been baptized in the Holy Ghost, but they are still afraid to witness Christ to people. Something is fundamentally wrong. Either you have had a counterfeit experience or the Word of God no longer holds true. You are empowered to be able to witness. If you do not do this, you are wasting the Master’s investment on your life. Boldness comes with the second fire.

‘And when they had prayed, the place was shaken when they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness’ (Acts 4: 31). Having received the first fire, the disciples were filled again. Hence it is possible to be filled every day. With each new filling, their power and ministrations moved to higher levels. God wants to release power and grace, sufficiency in all things, holiness and genuine fear of God upon your life. These are hallmarks of fresh fire. Why not go before him today thirsty for a fresh filling with his Spirit?
Re: Fresh Fire by Bobbyaf(m): 5:53am On Mar 07, 2007
You have a witness Kintayo. If a person is possessed they will bear much fruit, and others on the outside will notice the change and will be led to ask about the change. I so very much agree with you we do need a fresh outporing every single day.
Re: Fresh Fire by Backslider(m): 7:36am On Mar 07, 2007
The Truth is that We have sought After the Wrong God !!!!!

The God We should be Seekin is The One that Hates Sin and Sinners We should Plead with the Dreadful God that is angry with sinners and sin.

Miracles will come and if they dont come Let us Worship God
Re: Fresh Fire by TayoD(m): 3:23pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Kintayo,

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you are in manifest error by this fresh fire you are talking about.  Fire from indication of scripture refers solely to judgement. Why should I seek judgment on my life everyday?  The problem is that many in the Body of Christ have substituted the Holy Spirit with fire, and I see no scripture that backs up that claim. For your own good, please always use the phrase Holy Spirit when you desire His filling.  Asking for Fire is asking for judgement.
Re: Fresh Fire by Backslider(m): 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2007
Every work that a man does will be tried by fire Even Your Soul shall be saved by Fire.
Re: Fresh Fire by TayoD(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Backslider,

And what does Fire stand for in all those scriptures? You guessed right - JUDGEMENT!!
Re: Fresh Fire by Backslider(m): 5:13pm On Mar 07, 2007
Yes Judgment

But you should read when John the Baptist was doing the baptism

John3 v11

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Re: Fresh Fire by TayoD(m): 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Backslider,

There are two different groups of people Jesus will be baptizing. The first He will baptise with the Holy Ghost and the later He will baptise with fire. Needless to say, "it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God."  In any case, the passage explains itself. I believe you meant matthew 3:11 and not John 3:11.  Here is Luke's version:  Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: 17 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

I believe it is clear from the entire passage that the baptism of fire is meant for the chaff and not for the wheat. Those calling down fire on themselves have no clue what they are asking for.
Re: Fresh Fire by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2007
TayoD,I'm sure you understand  the context in which the poster did post.
I hardly see any reasons for any arguments here.
The holy Ghost came on the apostles as cloves of fire.
Fire is not only used as judgement as the scripture rightly quoted by backslider says.

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

It is very noble to have a teachable Spirit brother.
The scriptures are not for private interp.
Acts 2 was a confirmation of the earlier quoted verse in Luke.
And the fire was not there just as a filler,unless you want to tell us,God was planning on burning down those apostles.
Re: Fresh Fire by TayoD(m): 10:55pm On Mar 07, 2007
@babyosisi,

Thanks for your input. I understand very well the intention of the poster and I made that known in very clear terms.

However, there is this growing tendency in the Body of Christ to refer to the Holy Spirit as Fire. He is not fire, and will never be one. The scriptures you quoted in the Book of Acts said there appeared to be a cloven tongue of fire abiding on the Disciples. While some may say this was the Holy Spirit, it still does not take away the fact that it was just a manifestation. Why don't we refer to the Holy Spirit then as a dove, since He alighted on Jesus in the manifestation that John the Baptist saw?

In any case, going by the verse that most people refer to in Luke 3: 16 to 17, I am convinced the baptism of fire is not meant for the wheat but for the chaff. The wheat will be gathered into His barn, while the chaff will be burned up with unquenchable fire. That to me is what John was talking about when he said He will baptise with fire. If you have a contrary opinion or a different reading of that passage, please do share with us.
Re: Fresh Fire by Bobbyaf(m): 4:39am On Mar 08, 2007
While the Holy Spirit is not fire per se, fire is a fitting symbol of the cleansing work of the Holy Spirit, and that is what the poster was trying to bring accross. That symbolism was brought out by Babyosisi and its a fitting one.
Re: Fresh Fire by TayoD(m): 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2007
@Bobbyaf,

Thanks for your input. You have put it rightly that the fire is nothing but a symbol or better still, a manifestation. Using fire in place of the Holy Spirit is just a means of telling the Holy Spirit to manifest in the way we desire. In the Book of Acts when the disciples were filled, wind was also present and not just fire, and as I said in the case of Jesus and John the Baptist, the Holy spirit manifested as a dove. He is not a manifestation and should not be addressed as such.

The major reason why I felt the need to make this clarifications here is that I have had such unfinished discussion before on nairaland.  I really can't remeber what topic it was or I would have referenced it.

Let me give us all something to think about. I personally believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit is done by Jesus to bring people into His Body. It happenes only once at the time of being born again.  In Luke 3:17, the Bible says the wheat will He gather into His garner and the chaff will be burnt with fire.  These are in reference to Jesus' dual role of baptism with the Holy Spirit and baptism with fire. The wheat are baptised with the Holy Spirit into a single garner which is what Paul expressed when he said in 1 Corinthians 12:13 - For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The baptism with the Holy Spirit is done to bring a person into the Body of Christ.  What happens thereafter is just a filling of the Holy Spirit. The first filling of the Holy Spirit is evidenced by speaking in tongues while we can be constantly filled when we keep drinking into Him.

I hope I have made myself very clear now.  I do appreciate any inputs as well.
Re: Fresh Fire by Backslider(m): 10:05am On Mar 09, 2007
THE SAME WAY THE LAMB OF GOD IS NOT JESUS RIGHT? Hmmmm They have a problem with the holy Ghost being called fire because they are Afraid of The Fire of God The Holy One Of Israel. THE HOLY GHOST IS THE FIRE OF GOD IT IS PURIFIES.

MOSES AT THE BURNING BUSH THE FIRE DID NOT CONSUMING THE BUSH YET IT IS REFERED TO AS THE CONSUMING FIRE. DONT YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE SAVED BY FIRE (THE FIRE OF THE HOLY GHOST). MOSES WAS TOLD TO TAKE OF HIS SHOES BECAUSE HE WAS ON HOLY GROUND.

FLEE SIN THE HOLY GHOST CONVICTS OF SIN GIVES YOU ASSURANCE AND SANCTIFIES YOU AND AFTER HE FILLS YOU. AND ON THE DAY OF RESURRECTION HE RESURRECTION BY JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Fresh Fire by shahan(f): 10:04pm On Mar 10, 2007
@topic,

Let me gather a few points from others:

Kintayo:

Boldness comes with the second fire. . .

Having received the first fire, the disciples were filled again. . . These are hallmarks of fresh fire.

Fresh fire. . . the first fire. . . the second fire. . . the nth fire?? I'm not sure that Scripture speaks of being filled with or receiving 'fire' as indicative of being filled with the Holy Spirit. It is not a question of receiving fire several times.

Bobbyaf:

If a person is possessed they will bear much fruit, and others on the outside will notice the change and will be led to ask about the change.

The Bible does not speak of a Holy-Spirit-filled person as 'possessed'. Check it out for a moment.

Backslider:

The God We should be Seekin is The One that Hates Sin and Sinners

While it is true that God hates sin, I don't think it is correct to say He hates sinners. "But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Rom. 5:8). We would have been irrecoverably doomed as sinners if God hated us.

Bobbyaf:

While the Holy Spirit is not fire per se, fire is a fitting symbol of the cleansing work of the Holy Spirit, and that is what the poster was trying to bring accross.

I don't think that was what Kintayo was putting across. The opening post was about power, rather than about cleansing - two different things.

TayoD:

Fire from indication of scripture refers solely to judgement. . .  Asking for Fire is asking for judgement.

. . . and:

babyosisi:

Fire is not only used as judgement as the scripture rightly quoted by backslider says.

While agreeing partly with TayoD as to fire being indicative of judgement, I would rather fully agree with babyosisi that it is not the ONLY thing it represents in Scripture. It is indicative of a number of things including judgement (Gen. 19:24), divine approbation/approval (I Chron. 21:26), and revealed glory (II Chron. 7:3) among others.

As in the last text above (II Chron. 7:3), I believe the "cloven tongues like as of fire" in Acts 2:3 does not indicate judgement or cleansing, but rather glory revealed in power and divine approbation. God was attesting to the glory of His Son Jesus Christ seated at His rigt hand in heaven:

"Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." (Acts 2:33).

The 'cloven tongues like as of fire' happened once (as far as Scripture shows us); but the power of its message rings throughout the world today: therefore, let everyone know assuredly, that "God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ" (vs. 36).
Re: Fresh Fire by Backslider(m): 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2007
@SHAHAN

MY REASON FOR QOUTING THIS IS NOT TO SAY THAT GOD HATES SINNER AND THERE IS NO LOVE IN GOD BUT THE FACT IS THAT THE PEOPLE OF GOD ARE NOT AWARE OF GODS ANGER AT SIN AND SINNER READ BELOW.

Psalm 7:11
God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

THIS VERSE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO MAKE ONE FLEE FROM GOD BUT TO MAKE A MAN UNDERSTAND THE POSITION OF GOD ABOUT SIN AND SINNERS.

THE ABOVE VERSE SAYS CATEGORICALLY THAT WHEN A SINNER WAKES UP THERE IS ANGER AGAINST HIM FROM A LOVING GOD!

I WILL ASK A QUESTION WHO GOES TO HELL SIN OR SINNERS?

THE LOVE OF GOD IS JESUS THIS SAME LOVE IS BY WHICH WE ARE CONDEMNED IF WE FAIL TO EMBRACE IT.

SELAH
Re: Fresh Fire by shahan(f): 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2007
@Backslider,

Thank you again for your response. Let me try and share the difference in Psalm 7:11 - "God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day."

You will notice that the verse did NOT say that God "hates" the wicked/sinner; but rather that He is "angry" with them. To hate and to be angry are two very different things. Even though God is angry with the wicked (such as we all have been even before we believed in Jesus Christ), He still loved them enough to send His Son Jesus Christ to redeem them: "And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath He reconciled" (Col. 1:21).

Now, God may be angry with the wicked or the sinner; but Psalm 7:11 does not mean that He hates them. In just the same way, believers can be angry (Eph. 4:26); but we as believers cannot hate the brethren (I John 3:15 and 4:20). These are two very different things.

Backslider:

MY REASON FOR QOUTING THIS IS NOT TO SAY THAT GOD HATES SINNER AND THERE IS NO LOVE IN GOD BUT THE FACT IS THAT THE PEOPLE OF GOD ARE NOT AWARE OF GODS ANGER AT SIN AND SINNER READ BELOW.

Okay, at least you acquiesce that God does not hate the sinner - if that's what you meant to say. cheesy

Backslider:

THE ABOVE VERSE SAYS CATEGORICALLY THAT WHEN A SINNER WAKES UP THERE IS ANGER AGAINST HIM FROM A LOVING GOD!

I don't think that idea is sustained in Scripture. Rather, when a sinner wakes up, the love of God is still being offered even though God is angry with the wicked:

"For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." (Psalm 30:5); and, again: "Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?" (Rom. 2:4).

If there is anger to a sinner every morning, where's the love that leads him/her to repentance? One cannot use Psalm 7:11 as a blanket statement to preach anger of God everyday to sinners; for there were times in the same book of Psalms that God had been angry towards His own people for their sins ~~ "O God, why hast thou cast us off for ever? why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture?" (Psa. 74:1).

God does not HATE people simply because He is ANGRY with the wicked.

Backslider:

I WILL ASK A QUESTION WHO GOES TO HELL SIN OR SINNERS?

The UN[/b]repentant sinner who dies in his/her sins will go to hell ~~ "I tell you, Nay: but, [b]except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3 & 5; see also Rev. 21:8).

Cheers.
Re: Fresh Fire by Backslider(m): 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2007
@Shahan

You can continue with your belief I suppose that this is your right.

However Psalm 7 v 11 minces no word with Gods Anger. Anger is hatred for sinners this is one of the Attributes of God if not there will be no hell.

However There is also Gods love. We cannot divorce the 2.

The hatred and Love for Sin and sinner is the heart of God.

I will ask you a question when a sinner dies and is infront of God does God accept him in Heaven?

Love from God
Re: Fresh Fire by shahan(f): 4:15pm On Mar 11, 2007
@Backslider,

This argument can go on forever if we fail to see the point of the verses we quote. But here, let me offer this again:

Backslider:

Anger is hatred for sinners this is one of the Attributes of God if not there will be no hell.

If ANGER is the same thing as HATRED, then I suppose from your perspective the Bible actually meant that believers can also HATE their brethren according to I John 3:15 ~~ "Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him."

Is hating your brother the same thing as being angry with your brother? Read Eph 4:26 ~~ "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath."

From all indications, it is obvious you're mixing up the two and unable to distinguish the one from the other.

Backslider:

The hatred and Love for Sin and sinner is the heart of God.

I think you have just contradicted all your earlier arguments. Let me break it down: How can God both have "hatred and Love for Sin and sinner" if originally you have been arguing for His hatred for sin and sinner all this while? To me, that sounds like you're espousing the idea that God loves what He hates at the same time - which is nowhere taught in Scripture!! And I suppose in all honesty that would not be your point.

Backslider:

I will ask you a question when a sinner dies and is infront of God does God accept him in Heaven?

And I will repeat my answer as given earlier:

shahan:

The UN[/b]repentant sinner who dies in his/her sins will go to hell ~~ "I tell you, Nay: but, [b]except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3 & 5; see also Rev. 21:8).
Re: Fresh Fire by Backslider(m): 4:59pm On Mar 11, 2007
@Shahan

I think you have just contradicted all your earlier arguments. Let me break it down: How can God both have "hatred and Love for Sin and sinner" if originally you have been arguing for His hatred for sin and sinner all this while? To me, that sounds like you're espousing the idea that God loves what He hates at the same time - which is nowhere taught in Scripture!! And I suppose in all honesty that would not be your point.

I will now go into the DARK deep saying of the Almighty and I want you to get the revelation. please

GOD SENT HIS SON IN WHOM THERE IS NO SIN AND SUFFERED HIM TO DIE LIKE A CONDEMNED MAN AND (JESUS) GOD WAS ACCURSED ON THE TREE. WHEN HE DIED HE WAS CHAINED TO HELL AND WAS RESURRECTED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

I WILL ASK YOU WAS GOD JUST ?

DID GOD NOT SIN ? YES HE DID, IN THAT HE ALLOWED HIS SON TO DIE. BECAUSE HE WAS CHAINED BY HIS LOVE FOR MAN.

YES GOD SINNED THIS IS THE SIN THAT GOD COMMITTED SO THAT WE COULD HAVE RIGHTEOUSNESS. THIS IS THE SIN GOD LOVES TO SUFFER HIS SON TO GO AND TAKE THIS PUNISHMENT. ( I SAY THIS WITH FEAR AND HAPPINESS IN MY HEART)

SOME THINK THAT JESUS WENT TO HELL AS A CONQUEROR NO WAY BIG LIE HE WAS CHAINED AND CARRIED TO HELL

THIS IS THE REASON WHY SATAN TEMPTED HIM SO THAT HE CHRIST WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD BUT THAT WAS THE WRONG WAY:

JESUS HAD TO DIE AND GO TO HELL. THIS IS THE REAL LOVE FOR MAN. BUT HE IS ANGRY BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT ACCEPTED THIS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL LOVE.

THAT IS WHY IT SAID THAT FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE ,

THIS IS THE SIN THAT GOD COMMITTED BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR MAN.

HENCE CONDEMNATION IS AT THE DOOR OF MAN IMMEDIATELY HE DIES.

YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE SPIRIT TO UNDERSTAND THIS.

GOD HATES SIN AND SINNER

WE AS MEN CANNOT HATE SINNERS BECAUSE WE ARE NOT GOD THAT IS WHY ARE DIFFERENT AND THIS IS GOD ATTRIBUTE. WE CAN ONLY HATE SIN AS CHRISTIANS AND THIS IS THE POWER WE GET IN CHRIST.
Re: Fresh Fire by shahan(f): 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2007
@Backslider,

Backslider:

I will now go into the DARK deep saying of the Almighty and I want you to get the revelation. please

I don't want to lead you on into what you suppose is "the DARK deep saying of the Almighty", for you have posted something more akin to heresy than the precious Word of God. This is how:

Backslider:

. . . GOD WAS ACCURSED ON THE TREE. . . WHEN HE DIED HE WAS CHAINED TO HELL. . .

. . . DID GOD NOT SIN? YES HE DID, IN THAT HE ALLOWED HIS SON TO DIE. . .

YES GOD SINNED THIS IS THE SIN THAT GOD COMMITTED SO THAT WE COULD HAVE RIGHTEOUSNESS. . .

. . . SOME THINK THAT JESUS WENT TO HELL AS A CONQUEROR NO WAY BIG LIE HE WAS [b]CHAINED AND CARRIED TO HELL

. . . THIS IS THE SIN THAT GOD COMMITTED BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR MAN.

None of these heresies you have espoused are taught anywhere in the Bible; so I advise that you don't run ahead into notions of your own engineering while fancifully supposing that you're deep in the things of God.

Meanwhile, we began with distingushing between ANGER and HATRED; and you have left that now and run into the latest.

The God I worship NEVER committed ANY sin; and anyone reading this should know that shahan does NOT espouse even one line of Backslider's views here.
Re: Fresh Fire by Backslider(m): 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2007
@Shahan

I fear no one and I owe no man.

You I thought A high spirit but I withdraw the pearls I have given you how ever.

In The law of the Hebrews DON'T YOU KNOW THAT CURSED IS HE THAT HANGETH ON THE TREE

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT GOD SAID CURSE NOT MY ANOINTING AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM HAD BEEN BROKEN?

AH SIMPLE SCRIPTURE AND UNDERSTANDING BUT I WILL LEAVE YOU NOW. THERE IS NO HERESY IN WHAT I HAVE EXPOUNDED IF YOU CANT ACCEPT IT SO BE IT.

YOU HAVE BEEN VERY UNFAIR OR YOU CUT ME AND MISQUOTE ME I THINK I WILL HOLD MY PEACE THIS IS THE LIMITATION OF THE WISDOM YOU HAVE.

IF NOT DENY THIS FULL STATEMENT BY THE SCRIPTURE

GOD SENT HIS SON IN WHOM THERE IS NO SIN AND SUFFERED HIM TO DIE LIKE A CONDEMNED MAN AND (JESUS) GOD WAS ACCURSED ON THE TREE. WHEN HE DIED HE WAS CHAINED TO HELL AND WAS RESURRECTED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

ANYWAY THAT GOD ALLOWED JESUS TO DIE FOR ALL MEN SO THAT WE MIGHT HAVE RIGHTEOUSNESS IN PLAIN ENGLISH UNDERSTANDING IS CLEAR. IF YOUR FAITH IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH LEAVE IT THERE.
Re: Fresh Fire by shahan(f): 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2007
@Backslider,

You don't present a basis for strong faith by making a heretical statement that "GOD SINNED". That is nowhere taught in the Bible, and your latest efforts are not helping your arguments at all.

#1. If "God sinned", then where is your holy God?

#2. If "God sinned", then who died to save your God from His own sins?

#3. If you must push this idea, where is it written that "God sinned"?

Please don't labour to give me your ideas because no verse can be adduced to buttress your heresy. If your "God sinned", good for you - but the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ is WITHOUT sin, and that is my faith.
Re: Fresh Fire by Backslider(m): 7:18pm On Mar 11, 2007
I will ask you one last Question and I will not say about this no more.

IF GOD SINNED WHO OR WHAT WILL JUDGE HIM? YOU? hmmmmmmmm

IF I ALLOW MY SON ( I HAVE ONE) TO BE PUNISHED FOR THE SIN OF HIS JUNIOR BROTHER SO THAT HIS JUNIOR MIGHT BE JUSTIFIED.

AM I JUST?

*GOD IS JUST BECAUSE HE HAD MADE US RIGHTEOUS BY THE DEATH OF JESUS
* BY LAW OF THE JEWS GOD IS NOT JUST BECAUSE HE ALLOWED HIS SON TO DIE , BUT WHO THEN WILL JUDGE GOD. NOTHING AND NO MAN

Let me make this very clear GOD IS RIGHTEOUS AND THERE IS NO SIN IN HIM. YOU MUST KNOW THAT WHEN JESUS SPOKE HE QUOTED HIS SAYING SO THAT NOT ALL WOULD UNDERSTAND.

IF YOU READ JESUS HE TOLD HIS DISCIPLES TO EAT HIS FLESH AND DRINK HIS BLOOD> WHAT DOES THIS MEANS THIS?

YOU SEE YOU ARE FINDING DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN TO SOMEONE ON THE OTHER POST THAT DEATH AND (HELL) WERE CAST IN THE LAKE OF FIRE.

HE ACCUSSED YOU OF BEING A WHAT,

I have made my case.

I am Justified by the sin offering.

THAT IS WHY IN JESUS WE ARE JUSTIFIED BY JESUS ALONE AND NO OTHER BECAUSE HE IS SINLESS

IT IS IRONIC THAT I HAVE BEEN EXPOUNDING OF THE LOVE OF GOD YET YOU HAVE NOT SEEN. THAT IS WHY BY LAW WE ARE CONDEMNED SO WE RECEIVED JUSTIFICATION IN CHRIST BY LOVE OF GOD SHED IN OUR HEARTS FOR THE FATHER ALLOWED HIS RIGHTEOUS SON TO BREAK THE LAW SO THAT THE LAW WILL HAVE NO EFFECT YET THE LAW WAS FUFILED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD.

MAY GOD GIVE YOU UNDERSTAND
Re: Fresh Fire by Backslider(m): 7:21pm On Mar 11, 2007
there is no condemnation against LOVE

BECAUSE GOD IS LOVE THIS IS WHERE NO MAN CAN JUDGE GOD EVEN SATAN KNOW THIS NO MAN CAN JUDGE GOD THIS IS THE GREAT ATTRIBUTE OF GOD.

GOD SWEET LOVE
Re: Fresh Fire by shahan(f): 7:46pm On Mar 11, 2007
@Backslider,

Backslider:

I will ask you one last Question and I will not say about this no more.

IF GOD SINNED WHO OR WHAT WILL JUDGE HIM? YOU? hmmmmmmmm

IF I ALLOW MY SON ( I HAVE ONE) TO BE PUNISHED FOR THE SIN OF HIS JUNIOR BROTHER SO THAT HIS JUNIOR MIGHT BE JUSTIFIED.

AM I JUST?

*GOD IS JUST BECAUSE HE HAD MADE US RIGHTEOUS BY THE DEATH OF JESUS
* BY LAW OF THE JEWS GOD IS NOT JUST BECAUSE HE ALLOWED HIS SON TO DIE , BUT WHO THEN WILL JUDGE GOD. NOTHING AND NO MAN

Let me make this very clear GOD IS RIGHTEOUS AND THERE IS NO SIN IN HIM. YOU MUST KNOW THAT WHEN JESUS SPOKE HE QUOTED HIS SAYING SO THAT NOT ALL WOULD UNDERSTAND.

IF YOU READ JESUS HE TOLD HIS DISCIPLES TO EAT HIS FLESH AND DRINK HIS BLOOD> WHAT DOES THIS MEANS THIS?

YOU SEE YOU ARE FINDING DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN TO SOMEONE ON THE OTHER POST THAT DEATH AND (HELL) WERE CAST IN THE LAKE OF FIRE.

HE ACCUSSED YOU OF BEING A WHAT,

I have made my case.

I am Justified by the sin offering.

THAT IS WHY IN JESUS WE ARE JUSTIFIED BY JESUS ALONE AND NO OTHER BECAUSE HE IS SINLESS

IT IS IRONIC THAT I HAVE BEEN EXPOUNDING OF THE LOVE OF GOD YET YOU HAVE NOT SEEN. THAT IS WHY BY LAW WE ARE CONDEMNED SO WE RECEIVED JUSTIFICATION IN CHRIST BY LOVE OF GOD SHED IN OUR HEARTS FOR THE FATHER ALLOWED HIS RIGHTEOUS SON TO BREAK THE LAW SO THAT THE LAW WILL HAVE NO EFFECT YET THE LAW WAS FUFILED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD.

MAY GOD GIVE YOU UNDERSTAND

Where have you answered my questions? Here again:

#1. If "God sinned", then where is your holy God?

#2. If "God sinned", then who died to save your God from His own sins?

#3. If you must push this idea, where is it written that "God sinned"?

If you may, please post the verses and let all arguements cease thereto.
Re: Fresh Fire by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2007
Backslider,I am beginnig to be scared in some of your writings.
My brother God will not,has not and can never sin.
In him is no darkness at all.

You can explain what you actually mean without making heretic statements like that.
And please try to be of a teachable Spirit.
It is my desire that we all here someday will see face to face in heaven.

I encourage you to please withdraw that statement of God sinning,admit you mispoke and explain what you mean instead.
Much love from your sister.
I am never here to win an argument with a fellow Christian.
We should all be willing to learn and to be corrected.
Iron sharpeneth Iron.
Re: Fresh Fire by Backslider(m): 7:11am On Mar 12, 2007
@Babyosisi

I am deeply Moved by your understanding and patience that worketh Understanding.

I have been to court before. And I stated that In the law of moses it said Curse is he that Hangeth on the tree. I WILL REPEAT THERE IS NO HERESY IN WHAT I AM SAYING. I ALMOST WANTED TO GO OF THIS WHOLE THREAD.

I have argued with muslim on other thread and they ask this questions of God allowing some one to die for the sin of another man. I cant explain to them because the spirit of truth they dont have.

According to the Jewish Law Everyman bears his own sin TRUE?

In a Just Court All men will stand Trial So why bring an Innocent man so that he will stand trial ? ( The Innocent man is jesus He willfully gave his life)

Now According to the law we have all transgressed So the penality is death right?

It was under that law that Jesus came What was his sin ZERO.

Now have understanding that where there is NO LAW there Is NO SIN.

NOW GOD TRANGRESSED THE LAW BY ALLOWING HIS SON WILLFULLY TO HANG AND DIE OF SUFFOCATION ON THE CROSS.

The Law was the Touch Light that Gave power to Sin and in this sin killed even more ferrosiously. As I said the Lord Transgressed the law. You must sin againt someone or something Where I said God S, was that he while we were yet sinners and he hated Us and we also hated him( for no reason) he sent Jesus to die for us so that we can have the Life of God (ZOE).

Now when God allowed Jesus To die on the Cross Jesus said MY FATHER MY FATHER WHY HAS THOU FORSAKEN ME. YES God Turned his eye because he allowed a Just man Die a horrible death. FOR IT IS SAID THOU OF A PURE EYE TO BEHOLD INIQUITY

Now why I introduced this is because Shahan was not getting the reason why God is Angry against Man. I tried to paint the whole Picture of the plan of Salvation.

Jesus is God and he ask them that do anyone convict him of Sin? No one could convict him of sin.

SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF LAW

NOW GOD IS JUSTIFIED BY TRANSGRESSING THE LAW BECAUSE OF HIS AGAPE LOVE FOR MAN AND THIS IS THE MYSTERY OF GOD, IN THAT WE WERE YET SINNERS CHRIST DIED FOR US.

REMEMBER THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST LOVE.

LET HIM THAT READ UNDERSTAND.

THERE IS NO SIN WITHOUT LAW.

WHICH LAW WILL OR SHALL WE JUDGE GOD. IT IS LIKE SAYING GOD DID OJORO FOR THE SAKE OF MAN THAT IS WHY IS SAID GREATER LOVE HATH NO MAN THAT HE LAY HIS LIFE DOWN for his friend.

There is no Heresy in what I said. Jesus said Eat my flesh and drink my Blood and the Disciple said it was hard for them. Does this make Jesus a heretic? NO HE WAS USING WORDS THAT WERE MADE TO DESCRIBE HIM.

NOW I WILL WITHDRAW THE STATEMENT IF ANYONE CAN BRING THE COURT WHERE HE SHALL BE JUDGED WHO SHALL ACCUSE GOD ME ? NEVER, BECAUSE I WAS CONDEMNED BUT BY HIS LOVE I AM MADE RIGHTEOUS.

SATAN? NO BECAUSE HE KNOWS THAT GOD IS LOVE HE CANNOT JUDGE GOD. HE KNEW THIS AND YET SATAN SINNED AGAINST GOD AND STILL HABOURS THE FACT THAT HE COULD STILL OVERTHROW GOD.

SATAN CANNOT REPENT BECAUSE HE STILL ASPIRE TO RULE OVER GOD SO THAT IS WHY THE ANGER OF GOD IS AGAINST A SINNER BECAUSE HE HAS ALLIANCE WITH HIS ENEMY SATAN.

THIS EXPLAINATION TOOK ME MORE THAN A DECADE TO COME TO SO PLEASE DONT GET ME WRONG MAY BE I WAS TOO BLUNT IN THE USE OF THE VERB "SINNED" BUT YOU AND I KNOW WHAT THAT MEANT.

THIS IS THE TOTALITY OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS.

THAT IS WHY IF THERE IS NO HEAVEN I WILL STILL SERVE GOD.
Re: Fresh Fire by oluwasomidotuno(m): 10:03am On Sep 12, 2021
@Shanan

I know this is years later and you might not see this, but are you Reformed?

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? / Most Christians Do Not Understand What The Word "SOUL" Means??? / ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.