Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

C Of O Before Building Plan Approval - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / C Of O Before Building Plan Approval (2403 Views)

Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos / Building Plan Approval Process And Cost In Lagos State. / Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C Of O Before Building Plan Approval by alakem(f): 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2009
recently i was told theres a new order given by the Lagos state govt that a land owner have to tender c of o before his or her building plan can be approve.infact c of o cost 280 while the plan is 350.can those in the system please shed more light on this?
Re: C Of O Before Building Plan Approval by desse: 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2009
Am an architect and am involve in design and construction. The order is true the new lagos planning law from planning authourity under the govt. of Babatunde fashola stipulates that there shall be no approval processs in lagos state without c of o it became effective last year in july.2008

As for the figure you quoted 280 and 350 i donot know how you arrived at the figure . As for the c of o , the square area of your plot of land is to be multiplied by the a rate e.g if you have a plot to be 648 sqmtrs you multiply it by 300 naira there about and it varies from area to area . If you are buying land in a pime area of lagos state where development is prime you pay more as a result of task imposed because if the area has a road network and other facilities. The task paid is what the government uses in maintaining/constructing the road ,drainage and other infrastructures provide as explained by the authority.

As for the approval process too the amount to be paid is determined by the type of development and the area, whether is commercial, residential ,institutional etc. and the numbers of floors concerned.The question is what does government uses the money for . There is a particular fee call development fee. We where made to understand that as an area develops the chanllege of the government increases in terms of creating more facilities such as schools , hospitals, health care and other chanlleges,hence the more populated an area is the more traffic chanllege people experiences in the area .More so that is why financial institutions and commercial development are made to be expensive in terms of the approval processing cause the govt. believes they generate more problem in terms of meeting with environmental facilities such as road expansion , creating alternative power supply if it a manufacturing industries,e.t.c

Then the question is does the state government not recieved allocation from federal government and what do they do with these fund . The answer is the fund recieved from the federal government can not cater for the one quarter of the population of the people in state in terms of facilities and other demands as regard to the analysis given for population of six million lagosians so they needs to generate more fund from individual and private institutions for the development of the state.

We hope the task imposed by the government is properly channel to apprioprate area as they claimed and not embezzeled.

i hope these will satisfied your curosity. THINK OF HOW YOU PAY FOR YOUR C OF O AND ALL OTHER MONEY NECCESSARIES TO BE PAID BECAUSE WITHOUT IT YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO DEVELOP . DONOT LET ANY ONE DECIEVE YOU THAT NOTTING IS AT STAKE YOUR BUILDING COULD BE BROUGHT DOWN UNDER THE STRICT RULES AND LAWS OF THESE PRESENT GOVERNMENT BABATUNDE FASHOLA.
Re: C Of O Before Building Plan Approval by Tosola: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2009
Hello,

What the gentleman above said is nothing but the truth. i am a builder with and well connecte to alausa though i am a builder. as for the c of o and the drawing if you let me know the location of your land i could get a figure from alausa to let you have a second opinion. the drawing let me know what you intend to build and i will give it to my in house architect and see what he will come up with. contact me through my mail, brand.specs@yahoo.com
Re: C Of O Before Building Plan Approval by iice(f): 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2009
Better. . .
Before you see someone building something on your land undecided
Re: C Of O Before Building Plan Approval by alakem(f): 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2009
it is nice having you all.thanks for your help will send the info to your mail.
Re: C Of O Before Building Plan Approval by raybaba2: 12:15am On Jan 23, 2009
Hello ,Im so happy to meet a topic like this and the contribution of architect and others.I have similar story to tell and things to learn pls.Architect Desse, i will need your advise to and others who have been in this bussiness for long.I recently bought a plot of Land around Ajasa Meran side, i was told that the land has a C of O already and meanwhile the area is a federal govertments land.But the problem is, the seller is elderly and gave 100% assurance that there is no problem of any kind.I did the fencing and put the gate and truly no one disturbs.But my fear is, can state govt disturbs me from making any developments on the land if i dont have any plan submited to me.can i go ahead and just think of something to build.I have the aggrements of omo-onile signe by obas, but do you think im free from the govt plus since this is a federal govt land, can state put down any structure on federal land.Pls put me through and also , i was not giving any c of o yet, the whole plot is 4plots out of which one c of o covers all.how can i have my personal c of o . do i need to disturbed this man to get this? also, if i have all these, c of o, agreements, i did survey already, do i need to still go for documentation from a lawyer coz i took a lawyer there and said when i have all that i should come for that, Pls give me advice and let me know what i dont know.God bless you,
Re: C Of O Before Building Plan Approval by tolu10: 2:25am On Jan 23, 2009
deese,

My brother. U must demand for the C of O. The only way to ascertain the validity of your C OF O is if you have a search conducted by the office of the surveyor General in Ikeja.

It down the road from the New LSDPC shopping center which is not far from Alausa.It's off Agidingbi Rd.

There are a lot of counterfeit C OF O floating around the country. Never take a C of O at it's Face value.

I was almost dupped last year under similar circumstances. Pls check and do not take anybody's word for it.

If u cannot get the Cof O then you need to still go to the sureyor generals office and request for a surveyor and for a fee it will be surveyed.

it will be compared with the lagos state master plan. They can tell u if it is Lagos state Land or not.

If it is govt land u can ask if they will grant you a governors consent which is next to a c of o on a govt land.

If granted u can then proceed with all necesssary plans on the land.
Re: C Of O Before Building Plan Approval by raybaba2: 9:37am On Jan 23, 2009
Thanks so much sir,and may the lord bless you.So if i can get the C of O then go for the check of it that will be enough proof of my ownership.but is it posible to give out a c of o that covers alomost 6 plot just becoz a plot is sold out from them? pls tell me so that i can bounce on this people.I know i much ive spent on fencing, gate ,and all the little this and dat, PLS HELP ME.

(1) (Reply)

Letter Of Allocation From Lagos State Government. / 4 Nos 3 Brm Flats & 2 Nos 2 Brm Flats 2 Let In Arepo (see Pix). New House. / 4 Bedroom Duplex For Sale In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.