Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast (37161 Views)

Dino Melaye At Anti-Corruption Summit In London: Caption Photo / Biafrans And Shi'ites Protesting At Anti-corruption Summit, London (Photos) / EFCC Staff Decorates Buhari At Anti-Corruption Summit In London (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by kahal29: 6:11pm On Mar 25, 2015
Former President Ibrahim Babangida has flayed what he Wednesday described as an attempt to ridicule the military institution and some of its sterling lights in the name of politics.

Taking note of a television documentary aired on Tuesday night on a private television network to project President Goodluck Jonathan ahead of the presidential election, Babangida lamented that the president’s backers at the same time poured calumny on some of the country’s former military rulers.

Babangida took strong objections to what he said were the negative imputations put on the integrity and services to the nation by Generals Olusegun Obasanjo, Muhammadu Buhari, himself; Ibrahim Babangida, late Sani Abacha, Abdulsalami Abubakar, and T.Y Danjuma.
Noting that the sponsors of the documentary which he described as a hate campaign were either intellectually delinquent or suffering from memory loss; or a combination of both, Babangida referred them to his leading role in the formation of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

He said:
“For record purposes, and without sounding immodest, the idea of a PDP that has now become the “largest party in Africa” started in my home, here in Minna. With the support of my fellow colleagues, we prepared the way for this democratic process that has now led us to where we are presently. We built the democratic infrastructure and architecture. Those who are parading themselves as democrats today, all participated in military governments. As a deliberate principle of remaining unsung, or blowing my own trumpet, I have elected over the years to maintain dignified silence on so many issues concerning Nigeria while I cultivate my access to each sitting President to pass across my advice in whatever form.

“It is on record and this is incontrovertible that the government I ran paraded some of the best brains this country can be proud of. I still remain eternally grateful to those wonderful brains who participated in our government to fashion a new roadmap for re-engineering the country. Some of our policies have remained unsurpassed till date and most of what the country enjoys today was a creation of the Military.
From primary healthcare to good roads, DFRRI, Better Life for Rural Women, housing, river basin authorities, MAMSER, new airports, agricultural development and other economic infrastructure, to mention but a few, were platforms where our interventions were felt. We achieved that much with very slim resources. If we had the several billions of dollars that are flying around today, we would have turned Nigeria to the Dubai of Africa.

“The military is an institution that is so dear to my heart. It is an institution that nurtured my growing up and my achievements in life. I am not only sold to the military institution and by extension the Nigerian state, I am betrothed to it. As a profession, retirees are bound to participate in politics and democracy as an all-inclusive process, same way that Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers, Nurses, and Civil Servants get involved in it.
It is the reason why I ventured into politics in 2003 before I quit in 2010. It is the same reason why General Obasanjo participated and got elected; and now General Buhari. It is therefore very curious that promoters of President Goodluck Jonathan’s aspiration would attempt to demonize and stigmatize former military leaders and cast aspersions on them in order to malign their reputation. This is very unfair.

“Fact is; the military fought a civil war to keep this country together. What I suffer today is a consequence of the injuries I sustained during the Nigeria Civil War. I am not sure there is any patriotism that is more than that. Some of us were prepared to die for the country. The military is presently combating the dreaded Boko Haram sect to restore Nigeria’s territorial integrity. What law under a democracy forbids retired military personnel from participating in politics and presenting themselves for election? Over 90 percent of American Presidents have military background.

Leadership training is better grounded in the military than any other profession. And the military parades some of the best brains in any country, including Nigeria. In fact, some of my military students that I tutored have Doctorate Degrees. It is therefore callous, wicked, out-of-sync, cynical and a show of crass ignorance for anyone to undermine the military institution by embarking on mudslinging campaigns against former presidents and leaders of military background.

“While those campaigners are pointing their accusing fingers at us, they forget to recall that the present Director-General of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organization is actually a retired Military Officer. It is this form of demonization and stigmatization that often compels us to exhibit espirit de corps amongst ourselves in support of our military institution and colleagues when the stakes are high. As disciplined military officers, we are patriotic Nigerians and must be treated with utmost respect and decorum.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/babangida-fumes-at-anti-military-political-broadcast/

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by Mogidi: 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
Babangida would be out tomorrow to deny this just like OBJ.
They say one thing today and deny it the next day.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2240102_obj_jpeg69052097a4fedb4aeb4c99f2aefd08a3

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
Sai Buhari.........

Even Babangida is not happy with the current position of things ....
Even Obasanjo is not happy with the current position of things....
Even Danjuma is not happy with the current position of things...
The masses have been unhappy since pump price climbed from N65 till today...unemployment, insecurity, corruption, poverty is on the rise and there is no hope....

One single decision on March 28 will CHANGE things.

223 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by kahal29: 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
E don happen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by Sweetguy25: 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
Babangida should go and seat down. Military intervention and interference in Nigerian politics destroyed this country. The military also caused the civil war, that led to the loss of millions of precious lives.
That Nigeria is a useless country today, is due to the interference of power hungry military men.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by kahal29: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
Mogidi:
Babangida would be out tomorrow to deny this just like OBJ.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2240102_obj_jpeg69052097a4fedb4aeb4c99f2aefd08a3

How?

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
Story for the gods

5 Likes

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by omenka(m): 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
Jonathan and his handlers keep proving time and again just how desperate and twisted minded they are. By the time the dust finally settles, this man would be left munching sand and spilled oil in some beach in the Niger Delta.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by JackBaueress(f): 6:38pm On Mar 25, 2015
What law under a democracy forbids
retired military personnel from participating in
politics and presenting themselves for election?
Over 90 percent of American Presidents have
military background.
This is absolutely true! All over the world,military rulers who turned to civilian presidents do extremely well for their beloved country.

Lee Kwan Yeuw,a man Jonathan compared himself to was a military man before he became a civilian president of Singapore. We all know what he did for his countries.

Jerry Rawling too

Nigeria will not be an exception. Sai Buhari!

I am not a fan of IBB though.

157 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by oakson: 6:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
It is really a pity that the crop of military men we have now has been pocketed and politicised by the one sitting on the barrel of gun powder(jona) that is bound to explode on saturday; hence, their perceived silence at the face of this public ridicule of their glorious retired generals.
Jonathanians' blast would be so colossal and irretrievable come saturday; in the sense that every necessary bridge has been blown off by his drunk supporters in the prints and every where.
The taniods has only succeeded in mounting him on a 'cockroach horse' very soon he will see and realise his team has done more evil than good about wooing the polity. Thumbs up to IBB for speaking up for the military that he and other great men fought to bring to an international repute. Now our military has become a laughing stock among the comity of nations as a result of the clueless one.
May 29 loading....
Sai Buhari

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by adioolayi(m): 6:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
Let GEJ campaign organisation continue to cast aspersions on the past military elders....The result of such is around the corner.

#GMB for President
#IhavePVC
#MyVoteWillCount

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by egift(m): 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
Desperation and Greed has made Jonathan and his supporters to forget that the nation they are looting today was built no the blood and sweat of past leaders.

Just because they want to stay put, loot and spread their incompetence, they keep insulting everyone. Even kids that are yet to get a degree, insult Army Generals just to fan the clueless ego of the zoologist.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by babadee1(m): 6:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Babangida should go and seat down. Military intervention and interference in Nigerian politics destroyed this country. The military also caused the civil war, that led to the loss of millions of precious lives.
That Nigeria is a useless country today, is due to the interference of power hungry military men.

Civilians have been just as bad or even worse than the military in providing good governance and promoting democracy. Goodluck Jonathan has definitely been worse than any military ruler when it comes to safeguarding lives and security in Nigeria.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by JackBaueress(f): 6:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
Lalasticlala,front page biko! angry

Jonathan has gone to far in his hate campaign. Haba!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by kahal29: 6:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
shocked cool shocked
Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by kahal29: 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
JackBaueress:
Lalasticlala,front page biko! angry

Jonathan has gone to far in his hate campaign. Haba!

Front page pls

3 Likes

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by Misogynist2014(m): 6:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
When you have a person who has little to campaign with, he campaigns with anything available, logical and illogical. sad

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by layinkakeem(m): 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
Sai baba sai buhari
#NOmoreGEJ
#VOTEBUHARI
Buhari is the man of change !
If you soo much believe in buhari.
Please support him, don't bother looking at what PDP are saying !

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by doctokwus: 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
Serves Babangida right.When his likes kept quiet when GMB was being rubbished by office generals who have neither fought a street battle talkless of a war in their lives,he didn't know that silence wud come to bite him sooner than later.
Now he has witnessed first hand how sinister GEJ can b and d extent he can go to retain power.The full extent of what acts GEJ is capable of can only be imagined.
How does IBB now feel to have all he achieved rubbished by a man who shouldn't have been allowed close to the chairmanship position of a LGA?
Very painful I guess!

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by stronger: 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
Wow! IBB, an alleged ally of GEJ, blasting him!

GEJ, stays losing allies since 1608. . lol!

SAI BUHARI!!

[size=18pt]3 DAYS TO CHANGE!![/size]

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by RichDad1(m): 7:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
IBB should just stfu. Where was he when GEJ and his Cohort were calling a fellow General all sorts of names just to score cheap political point?
Anyways, GMB2015
#ihavedecided

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by tp10: 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
that is how clueless jonny walker and his idiots are

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by DickDastardly(m): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA SHOULD GO AND DIE cool

6 Likes

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by skentelelady(f): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
Am sorry to say this but the time this country was under military rule, things were better off since democracy especially the last 6years.

In the last 6 years, it has gone from bad to worse to worst.

We cant stand another 4years which will go agian from worst to terrible to catastrophic cheesy ( idk words to use again)

Let vote for change come 28th March.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by yomalex(m): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ok
Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by infobiz9ja(m): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
Who cares what u think? Go & sin no more...
Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by Princenady(m): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
Naija politics,**sighs** angry
Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by appini: 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
The spirit of confusion at work, if you love your life just cast your vote and go home
Re: Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast by mrmetoo1: 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
When people open their mouths and say that PDP will win Niger or it'll be a battle ground state because of IBB, I just laugh.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill / Audu Ogheh Mocked On 'The Daily Show' Over Pizza From Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.