Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

How Reliable Is Rav 4 2007 Model? Any ECM Issue? Mechanical? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Rav 4 2007 Model? Any ECM Issue? Mechanical? (954 Views)

Pls How Much Is Rav 4 2004 Tokunbo Engine? / How Reliable Is Lexus Rx300? In Terms Of Fuel Economy, Availability Of Parts. / Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is Rav 4 2007 Model? Any ECM Issue? Mechanical? by diggy4real: 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
Experts help out, how is it like? Is it fuel economical, ECM issue free? Parts readily available? Availability of experts to fix it? Etc.
Re: How Reliable Is Rav 4 2007 Model? Any ECM Issue? Mechanical? by ollyruffy: 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
The car is as reliable as other toyota vehicles. It shares same engine with Camry, V6 and I4. In terms of the fuel economy, you will have to get a 4cly engine 2AZ FE trim.

There are a couple of TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) on the vehicle. I can remember the TSB on the intermediate steering shaft, some 2AZ FE engines consuming engine oil and critical rusting of rear alignment bar nut.

You might want to confirm from from the seller if these TSBs were already fixed in the vehicle you want to buy.

Parts are available here in Nigeria.
Re: How Reliable Is Rav 4 2007 Model? Any ECM Issue? Mechanical? by diggy4real: 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
ollyruffy:
The car is as reliable as other toyota vehicles. It shares same engine with Camry, V6 and I4. In terms of the fuel economy, you will have to get a 4cly engine 2AZ FE trim.

There are a couple of TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) on the vehicle. I can remember the TSB on the intermediate steering shaft, some 2AZ FE engines consuming engine oil and critical rusting of rear alignment bar nut.

You might want to confirm from from the seller if these TSBs were already fixed in the vehicle you want to buy.

Parts are available here in Nigeria.

Am getting a naija used one, what and what should be checked before buying?

Re: How Reliable Is Rav 4 2007 Model? Any ECM Issue? Mechanical? by airlord2020: 7:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
Very reliable and relatively ok on fuel when compared with other cars in same class. I own the v6 and it has not given any serious issues. It only had one airbag error that was fixed, something to do with driver airbag cable. The parts and mechanics are available.

(1) (Reply)

Honda’s Lone Act Puts Plan For Self-driving, Electrified Vehicles At Risk / GM Shows Off A New Autonomous Fuel-cell Truck / Driver Killed In Car Accident In Delta State; Help Needed To Locate His Relative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.