Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Biracial Miss Universe Japan Is Criticized For Not Being Japanese Enough - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Biracial Miss Universe Japan Is Criticized For Not Being Japanese Enough (2156 Views)

Photos From Japan’s Annual joystick Festival / The Custume That Won At Miss Universe 2015 (PIC) / Japanese Culture Share So Much With Igbo Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biracial Miss Universe Japan Is Criticized For Not Being Japanese Enough by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2015

There is one or more important things to take from this annoying yet encouraging incidence of a beauty queen in Japan and how her background has been used to judge her in the homogeneous society of Japan. A nation one cannot point to in history with confidence regarding treating other humans unequal. It is a sad thing a nation that claims to be civilized is taking irrelevant thing as skin color serious. This is the thing they would have blamed on white for after the war because they where defeated by Americans.

It reminds me of the way Nigerians see mixed race in this forum. They don't see them as part of people and usually distance themselves from anything that has to do with them. That has to do with ignorance and primitiveness. In the case of Japanese, it's the former as against the later that is very common among Africans, most especially, Nigerians.

Almighty USA remains the most civilized nation on the planet!

This excerpt below is curled from Washington Post:

"By most of the rest of the the world’s standards, Ariana Miyamoto is thoroughly Japanese.

The 20-year-old model is a Japanese citizen, a native of Sasebo in Nagasaki prefecture with an advanced mastery of the art of Japanese calligraphy, according to RockeNewst24, a Tokyo-based news blog. Have you heard her speak Japanese, the language spoken by the people occupying the volcanic archipelago known as “Japan”? She does it really well — like a native speaker, without a trace of a foreign accent, because she is, in fact, Japanese."

SOURCE

The next excerpt below is from CNN:

"Bullied for being different
In a country where around 98% of the population is considered to be the same race, this beauty queen says she was bullied for being different.

"In school, people used to throw garbage at me," Miyamoto says -- adding they also used racial slurs."

SOURCE

2 Likes

Re: Biracial Miss Universe Japan Is Criticized For Not Being Japanese Enough by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
You smelling ass hole again, what are you talking about Mr township. I will comment later about this, now I am going to buy a mix vegetables, but I hate mix vegetables because sometimes smells bad. I respect the opinions of jappanese. Clever jappanese. Something looks like feces(all4kak) on top of this mix veg. I cannot buy this sh*t.

1 Like

Re: Biracial Miss Universe Japan Is Criticized For Not Being Japanese Enough by ezemoses(m): 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2015
MrPSA:
You smelling ass hole again, what are you talking about Mr township. I will comment later about this, now I am going to buy a mix vegetables, but I hate mix vegetables because sometimes smells bad. I respect the opinions of jappanese. Clever jappanese. Something looks like feces(all4kak) on top of this mix veg. I cannot buy this sh*t.

lol at all4kak grin grin grin
Re: Biracial Miss Universe Japan Is Criticized For Not Being Japanese Enough by ezemoses(m): 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2015
all4naija:

There is one or more important things to take from this annoying yet encouraging incidence of a beauty queen in Japan and how her background has been used to judge her in the homogeneous society of Japan. I nation one cannot point to in history with confidence regarding treating other human unequal. It is a sad thing a nation claims to be civilized is taking irrelevant thing as skin color serious. This is the thing they would have blame white for after the war because they where defeated by America.

It reminds me of the way Nigerians see mixed race in this forum. They don't see them as part of people and usually distance themselves from anything that has to do with them. That has to do with ignorance and primitive. In the case of Japanese, it the former as against the later that is very common among Africans, most especially, Nigerians.

Almighty USA remains the most civilized nation on the planet!

This excerpt below is curled from Washington Post:

"By most of the rest of the the world’s standards, Ariana Miyamoto is thoroughly Japanese.

The 20-year-old model is a Japanese citizen, a native of Sasebo in Nagasaki prefecture with an advanced mastery of the art of Japanese calligraphy, according to RockeNewst24, a Tokyo-based news blog. Have you heard her speak Japanese, the language spoken by the people occupying the volcanic archipelago known as “Japan”? She does it really well — like a native speaker, without a trace of a foreign accent, because she is, in fact, Japanese."

SOURCE

The next excerpt below is from CNN:

"Bullied for being different
In a country where around 98% of the population is considered to be the same race, this beauty queen says she was bullied for being different.

"In school, people used to throw garbage at me," Miyamoto says -- adding they also used racial slurs."

SOURCE

as if we care about your opinion
Re: Biracial Miss Universe Japan Is Criticized For Not Being Japanese Enough by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
MrPSA:
I know you are gonna say that. There is something wrong because when white people treat blacks the same way people shout RACISM and say they are biased and full of hates. Now look at your post and always pointing accusing fingers when it involves white, you xenophobe! Shame on you, primitive man. Zulu master! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biracial Miss Universe Japan Is Criticized For Not Being Japanese Enough by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
ezemoses:

as if we care about your opinion
Did I ask you for your opinion here? You should get lost, attention-seeking barbarian!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biracial Miss Universe Japan Is Criticized For Not Being Japanese Enough by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 27, 2015
all4naija:

I know you are gonna say that. There is something wrong because when white people treat blacks the same way people shout RACISM and say they are biased and full of hates. Now look at your post and always pointing accusing when when it involves white, you xenophobe! Shame on you, primitive man. Zulu master! angry
Re: Biracial Miss Universe Japan Is Criticized For Not Being Japanese Enough by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 08, 2015
She very pretty kiss

It always the case with people, they refuse to accept that your part of their ethnicity, when your biracial.

I get it alot, but I dont give two phucks cool

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs / 10 Things You Do Not Know About The ‘ijele Masquerade’ / On Mr Obika, The Trinidad And Tobago Ambassador To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.