Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Coutinho Is Ready To Improve For Liverpool - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Coutinho Is Ready To Improve For Liverpool (392 Views)

Funny Reason Why Coutinho Might Reject Barcelona Move / Hazard Favorite To Win The PFA Player Of The Year But He Needs To Improve / Henderson Set For Liverpool Exit, Linked To Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coutinho Is Ready To Improve For Liverpool by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
[b]Philippe Coutinho is ready to take his game to the next level. The Liverpool midfielder knows he has to improve his finishing and he is ready to work on it.

Philippe Coutinho improved this season but his goal scoring rate is not up to the level he wants. Philippe Coutinho scored five times in all competitions this season.

Coutinho scored 13 goals in 92 games for Liverpool since he made his move from Inter Milan in January 2013.

Coutinho told Liverpool's official website: "I think I still have to improve.

"I have not improved yet. I scored a few goals last month but I need to improve.

"I have this ambition, this objective of improving finishing. In the position I play, I need to score goals to help the team and create plays. Therefore I must improve my goalscoring skills."

Coutinho's improvement drew praises from his coach and teammates. After his stunning strike against the English Premier League Champions, Manchester City. Joe Allen, his teammate praised him after the game.

"He's so good," Allen told the Liverpool Echo.

"With his performances recently, Philippe has taken things to the next level. The Brazilian team is obviously full of talent but he has to be really pushing for that.

"Working with him day in, day out, he shows his quality every time he trains and plays and he scored a superb winner to get us the three points.

"He's skilful and very versatile. He can play in different positions and teams are struggling to deal with him.

"Why has he started scoring? I think it's confidence. That's a huge thing in football.

"The ability has always been there. Technically, he's right up there.

"I think some people forget how young he is at times. He's a young player getting better all the time.

"He's showing that goals are part of his game. He was always on this path.

"Those of us who work with him on a daily basis, we always knew he was going to kick on and reach this kind of level."

What is impressive about Coutinho is despite the praises he receives, he knows he needs to improve in some areas. This is a good recipe for successful footballers.

Most promising players that flopped believed they had all it took to succeed and failed to find areas they are lacking. That is why some of them fallout with their coaches who point out these promising players flaws.

"He's a very selfless player and a humble guy," said Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool manager.

"He'll always creates for others. We just encourage him, he's done more work on the training ground in terms of his finishing, he's got a wonderful body movement around the box, and you see recently he's starting to work that space really well. 

"His technique is at a real high level. 

"He's now arriving into the areas, then able to pull the trigger and get shots off. 

http://footymail..com/2015/03/coutinho-is-ready-to-improve-for.html[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Will Not Miss Van Persie In The Manchester Derby / Highlights Of Played Matches / Barcelona Signs Lucas Digne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.