Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba (6366 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Snubs Meeting With PDP Chairman Modu Sheriff [PUNCH] / Massive Traffic As Jonathan Visit Lagos (Photo) / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by Remarkable: 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
vega84:
So u expect Gej to support an APGA candidate against his own party candidate running fr the same post? Bt the beauty is that the electorate will decide the fate of the two men cos as u knw T.A orji is the one front ing this ikepazu guy, as u also knw that T.A orji is the worst governor in Nigeria as we speak,u are also aware that Abia people Aba to be precise hate and distaste him and will never vote fr any one anointed by him.so if u are a supporter of ikepazu then am sorry and if u are in support of the present administration lead by that short demon TA ORIJ then shame on u! #vegatalks

How can you tell so many lies in just one post?

Ièll ignore them because I love it that at least, you realize and confess that it is the electorates that will decide. ièll add though, that you need not be surprised if PDP's biggest votes comes from Aba residents.

Here's a question for you:If you hate Mr. X, and next thing you hear is that Mr. X is now the manager of Real Madrid, you and all those lovers of Madrid, including its home-based supporters that had a thing against Mr. X will ___? Fill in the " ___ " lol Cheerios.
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by maestroferddi: 11:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
I really don't see the sense in discrediting Dr Ikpeazu on account of T A Orji's maladministration and shortcomings.

I have listened to Ikpeazu speak. I was impressed with his grasp on issues. He will make a capable governor.

Dr Ikpeazu comes from the academia. He was said to have bagged a PHD at the age of 27. He has also lectured in several universities in Nigeria.

The last time Abia had a semblance of responsible governor was in the Old Abia under Ogbonnaya Onu so who knows what Dr Ikpeazu can do.

Granted that Alex Otti has some level of popularity. But he is also a sort coming to reap where he did not sow. Abia politicians consider him something of a rookie/new entrant who should pay his dues before making the ascent to the governorship. Many also view him as a supplanter that wants to deviously covet the governorship slot zone to the Ukwa Ngwa axis. His relocating to Ngwaland hardly hid the fact that he is from Arochukwu.
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by vega84(m): 3:29am On Mar 27, 2015
Remarkable:

How can you tell so many lies in just one post?

Ièll ignore them because I love it that at least, you realize and confess that it is the electorates that will decide. ièll add though, that you need not be surprised if PDP's biggest votes comes from Aba residents.

Here's a question for you:If you hate Mr. X, and next thing you hear is that Mr. X is now the manager of Real Madrid, you and all those lovers of Madrid, including its home-based supporters that had a thing against Mr. X will ___? Fill in the " ___ " lol Cheerios.
do I need to tell Liessssss? Pls pin point my lies, is ikepazu nt T.a orji anointed? Abi is T.a orji nt the worst governor in Nigeria? Abi Aba people no hate am? Hw many times has he been embrassed in Aba? Hw many times hav they stoned pure water @him? Has he done anything in Aba fr eight yrs or are u blind? Does Aba has any serious good road? Or hav u nt been seeing hw dirty that city is? Is Gej and ikepazu nt PDP members? Abi is he TA nt a short man? Pls jst point out my lies. U see that u are eating or benefitting frm ochendus government doesn't change the fact that the governor is heartless criminal who has no good interest fr his people. #vegatalks

3 Likes

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by asha80(m): 5:00am On Mar 27, 2015
maestroferddi:
I really don't see the sense in discrediting Dr Ikpeazu on account of T A Orji's maladministration and shortcomings.

I have listened to Ikpeazu speak. I was impressed with his grasp on issues. He will make a capable governor.

Dr Ikpeazu comes from the academia. He was said to have bagged a PHD at the age of 27. He has also lectured in several universities in Nigeria.

The last time Abia had a semblance of responsible governor was in the Old Abia under Ogbonnaya Onu so who knows what Dr Ikpeazu can do.

Granted that Alex Otti has some level of popularity. But he is also a sort coming to reap where he did not sow. Abia politicians consider him something of a rookie/new entrant who should pay his dues before making the ascent to the governorship. Many also view him as a supplanter that wants to deviously covet the governorship slot zone to the Ukwa Ngwa axis. His relocating to Ngwaland hardly hid the fact that he is from Arochukwu.

your last paragraph is one of the problems we have in this country...what do you mean by paying dues and reaping where he did not sow?others that have 'reaped and sown' and got to power in abia how have they left abia?if you do not believe abia needs a radical change from the nonsense state it is now then you do not know the potential of that state...in the end it is the electorates that have to decide and not politicians .

8 Likes

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by Ovamboland(m): 5:01am On Mar 27, 2015
emindu:
By Emeka Nwachukwu
March 24, 2015 will remain indelible in my mind for many reasons. First, it was a day that President Goodluck Jonathan commissioned the Phase 1, Simple Cycle Gas Alaoji Power Plant in Aba, Abia State. A bold step taken by President Jonathan to ensure that Aba and environs enjoy steady power supply.
Second, President Jonathan the same day inspected the Geometrics Power Station; the brainchild of Prof. Barth Nnaji. The President pledged to correct all the human error stopping the power plant from taking off.
Third, the President's visit to Geometrics came with a big drama. Before his arrival at the venue, the factional governorship candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Allex Otti who was accompanied by his wife sat together in one of the front roll seats which was conspicuous enough. Immediately the master of ceremony announced the arrival of Mr. President everybody at the arena stood up to welcome him and his entourage. Mr. & Mrs. Otti got the shock of their lives.
Call it providence you may be right. Governor T.A.Orji the chief host of the number citizen of the country accompanied by the PDP governorship candidate, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, sandwiched Mr. President right from the entrance gate where he alighted from his car, walked him down straight to inspect the facilities at the Geometrics. When they got to the point where Otti strategically positioned himself, Mr. President simply made a straight face. He refused to look at Otti's direction or respond to gesticulations. At this point, both Otti and his wife were transfixed for some minutes before they could recover from the shock. When it dawn on him that Okezuo Abia was the chosen one, Otti who could not believe what hit him through his spinal cord, apparently to save face stood up from his seat to join Mr. President. But it was too late. As a desperate man he is, the shortish Otti who stood up to catch up with Mr. President five minutes after the latter snubbed him moved like a fowl beaten by the rain. He was barely dragging himself to move around the massive compound.
Sensing danger, Prof. Nnaji tactically refused to acknowledge Otti when he presented his address. Our 'Cowboy' President also behaved like the first speaker when he was called upon to deliver his address. He refused to acknowledge Otti throughout his address. Otti's wife intermittently gave her husband handkerchief to clean the stream of hot sweat pumping out from his forehead. The shock waves were too much for Otti who goes about telling people that the President asked to contest for governorship of Abia. Cheap lies!
At the Aba Sports Club where he addressed the business community, President Jonathan publicly announced that Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu will succeed Ochendo Global. He urged Abians to vote Ikpeazu for governor, Governor Orji for Senate and vote for other PDP candidates from state to federal levels.
naijanetworknews

The bold statement is false, it is not Jonathan's initiative, the Alaoji power plant is part of NIPP projects conceived since 2005 and the Gas Turbines were abandoned at the port since arrival in 2007 because the bridge over Imo river could not accommodate the weight of the packages. It was further slowed down by the failed probe of power sector contracts by the Yardua/Jonathan administration. This is 8 clear years since the vital components arrived properly led countries need less than 2 years 6 months to realize a project of this size.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/power-ge-begins-assessment-of-abandoned-turbines/92023/
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by MaziOmenuko: 7:04am On Mar 27, 2015
Ngwakwe is currently having heart attack!

Its Alex Otti everywhere you go!

4 Likes

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by Ngwakwe: 7:08am On Mar 27, 2015
MaziOmenuko:
Ngwakwe is currently having heart attack!

Its Alex Otti everywhere you go!

I will vote Alex Otti, what's you problem?

Not that he will better revolutionalise Aba

If you want my reasons then apply.

2 Likes

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by MaziOmenuko: 7:10am On Mar 27, 2015
asha80:
your last paragraph is one of the problems we have in this country...what do you mean by paying dues and reaping where he did not sow?others that have 'reaped and sown' and got to power in abia how have they left abia?if you do not believe abia needs a radical change from the nonsense state it is now then you do not know the potential of that state...in the end it is the electorates that have to decide and not politicians .

Don't mind the dude; I was about to reply him but you did justice to it already.

He talks about PhD as if that's translates to good governance. TA Orji was a renowned academician, a thorough man who had a reputable profile in the civil service. We Abians felt he was closer to the people, he had worn the shoes and knew where it pinches most so he was voted into power and we all saw what a massive mistake it was.

Make dem carry their PhD comot abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by asha80(m): 7:15am On Mar 27, 2015
Ngwakwe:

I will vote Alex Otti, what's you problem?

Not that he will better revolutionalise Aba

If you want my reasons then apply.
why change of mind?
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by customized07: 7:18am On Mar 27, 2015
If you like, tell us that Obama snubbed him, Otti remains the man for the job.......shikom

5 Likes

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by customized07: 7:24am On Mar 27, 2015
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by customized07: 7:28am On Mar 27, 2015
Abia must be ottified, PDP in abia is the worst ever.

And if Jonathan doesn't impress us, we will kick him out too.

1 Like

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by Ngwakwe: 7:41am On Mar 27, 2015
asha80:
why change of mind?

The amount of money needed to restore Aba to it's past glory is beyond what Abia State can afford.

Alex Otti told me there are grants from Europe, Us and international bodies ready to be offered to Africa and certain selected States in Nigeria.

The question is who can benefit and draw from these free reserves He asked? It's only leaders with un-dented credibility that have been tested with such responsibilities they can trust.

He also promised to create the Ministry of ABA to channel these funds to boost the money available for capital projects in ABA.

I have now done my calculations, and I believe voting Ikpeazu may deprive Abia State about 50 billion naira annual grant for restoration of my beloved city.

Lastly, for the love of APGA.

5 Likes

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 27, 2015
Ngwakwe:

The amount of money needed to restore Aba to it's past glory is beyond what Abia State can afford.

Alex Otti told me there are grants from Europe, Us and international bodies ready to be offered to Africa and certain selected States in Nigeria.

The question is who can benefit and draw from these free reserves He asked? It's only leaders with un-dented credibility.

He also promised to create the Ministry of ABA to channel these funds to boost the money available for capital projects in ABA.

I have now done my calculations, and I believe voting Ikpeazu may deprive Abia State about 50 billion naira annual grant for restoration of my beloved city.

I'll be so happy if pdp fails at abia state. Ebonyi too. I know enugu and imo and Anambra are doing well. Abia and ebonyi must be delivered. Otti till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by asha80(m): 7:48am On Mar 27, 2015
Ngwakwe:

The question is who can benefit and draw from these free reserves He asked? It's only leaders with un-dented credibility.

hmmm ngwakwe this your turn around Na Wao....it is not as if these things otti said were said recently..well we all want the best for aba because of the importance of that city and the deterioration it has undergone in recent times...by the the way you said otti told me?

3 Likes

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by joshuajunior(m): 7:50am On Mar 27, 2015
It will be more shocking when Okezie ikpeazu loses. APGA we know...This write up wont dampen our hope for change...

1 Like

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by Ngwakwe: 7:59am On Mar 27, 2015
asha80:
hmmm ngwakwe this your turn around Na Wao....it is not as if these things otti said were said recently..well we all want the best for aba because of the importance of that city and the deterioration it has undergone in recent times

You are O'yes follower but I ask how politicians intend implementing their promises and this also led me to Uche Ogbuagu who confirmed that lots of money come to IMO State for capital projects through these grants though Rochas don't account for them in full.

I believed him because he promised to create a separate ministry dedicated to restoration of ABA and channeling these grants to it including a huge annual budgetary provisions.

1 Like

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by asha80(m): 8:04am On Mar 27, 2015
Ngwakwe:

You are O'yes follower but I ask how politicians intend implementing their promises and this also led me to Uche Ogbuagu who confirmed that lots of money come to IMO State for capital projects through these grants though Rocha don't account for them in full.

I believed him because he promise to create a separate ministry dedicated to restoration of ABA and channeling these grants to it including a huge annual budgetary provisions.
wonder why you are labelling me oyes follower when I had never hidden my preference for otti right from get go and and had arguments with you on why I believe so..you were the one that tried to inject clannish tendencies into the arguments..as for having ministry of aba and grants I have known that since December last yr when he first released his manifesto and you would have known that far back if you had earlier opened your mind....as for Uche ogbuagu Imo and rochas u have always said it that rochas is a great politician but has question marks when it comes to administration

1 Like

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by Ngwakwe: 8:12am On Mar 27, 2015
asha80:
wonder why you are labelling me oyes follower when I had never hidden my preference for otti right from get go and and had arguments with you on why I believe so..you were the one that tried to inject clannish tendencies into the arguments..as for having ministry of aba and grants I have known that since December last yr when he first released his manifesto and you would have known that far back if you had earlier opened your mind....as for Uche ogbuagu Imo and rochas u have always said it that rochas is a great politician but has question marks when it comes to administration

Dr Ikpeazu has understudied the city better than what Otti can imagine. However, he can't raise the funds needed to carry out his visions. It's not about enthocentrism.

All I need is restoration of our ancient city, the centre of Eastern Nigeria and the home for all to its lost glory and my happiness will have no bound.

1 Like

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by asha80(m): 8:24am On Mar 27, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Dr Ikpeazu has understudied the city better than what Otti can imagine. However, he can't raise the funds needed to carry out his visions. It's not about enthocentrism.

All I need is restoration of our ancient city, the centre of Eastern Nigeria and the home for all to its lost glory and my happiness will have no bound.
ok..that's all...by the way the grant is about 5bn annually not 50bn
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by sCun: 8:30am On Mar 27, 2015
maestroferddi:
[s]I really don't see the sense in discrediting Dr Ikpeazu on account of T A Orji's maladministration and shortcomings.

Granted that Alex Otti has some level of popularity. But he is also a sort coming to reap where he did not sow. Abia politicians consider him something of a rookie/new entrant who should pay his dues before making the ascent to the governorship. Many also view him as a supplanter that wants to deviously covet the governorship slot zone to the Ukwa Ngwa axis. His relocating to Ngwaland hardly hid the fact that he is from Arochukwu.[/s]

Ikpeazu as head of Asepa Aba zone turned Aba to thw dirtiest city in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by iheanyi40(m): 8:31am On Mar 27, 2015
maestroferddi:
[s] I really don't see the sense in discrediting Dr Ikpeazu on account of T A Orji's maladministration and shortcomings.

[/s]Alex Oti 4 governor, Gej 4 president
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by maestroferddi: 8:38am On Mar 27, 2015
sCun:

Ikpeazu as head of Asepa Aba zone turned Aba to thw dirtiest city in Nigeria.
Na today?!

Conflicting reports here and there.

While Ikpeazu's detractors flay him on his stint at ASEPA, his supporters praise him for making far-reaching effort in that assignment.

Who then do we believe?
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by asha80(m): 8:43am On Mar 27, 2015
maestroferddi:
Na today?!

Conflicting reports here and there.

While Ikpeazu's detractors flay him on his stint at ASEPA, his supporters praise him for making far-reaching effort in that assignment.

Who then do we believe?
when last did you visit aba?is it today that you see ta orhi hirelings dishing out barefaced white lies about his performance?are those hirelings not the same guys praising ikpeazu?
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by ruggedboy01: 8:46am On Mar 27, 2015
even if putin or Obama sunb him......... April 11, he will come out victorious! Time up for that short criminal and his useless pinkin

1 Like

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by zendy: 9:05am On Mar 27, 2015
If Alex Otti doesn't win this election then something is wrong somewhere ......

3 Likes

Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by Mcowubaba: 9:15am On Mar 27, 2015
VOTE OUT PDP in the whole ABIA STATE
The r bunch of Failures sad
4rm Ochendu global toilet to the least PDP member contesting 4 councillor..
U have been warned..there is no iota of Transformation in Abia state...Enough is Enough

Vote any other person.....Abia has been in bondage!!!
GOD'S own state..pdp wan close down d state....tufiakwa...
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by jdilight(m): 9:19am On Mar 27, 2015
Chigold101:
please is the man near GEJ the Otti?

We saw GEJ opennly support Tony Nwoye (PDP) during Anambra election but we knew that Willie Obiano was his candidate via Mr Peter Obi.

That is what the OP don't understand.
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by asha80(m): 9:21am On Mar 27, 2015
Mcowubaba:
VOTE OUT PDP in the whole ABIA STATE
The r bunch of Failures sad
4rm Ochendu global toilet to the least PDP member contesting 4 councillor..
U have been warned..there is no iota of Transformation in Abia state...Enough is Enough

Vote any other person.....Abia has been in bondage!!!
GOD'S own state..pdp wan close down d state....tufiakwa...
ikuku ochendo ofesa gi?
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by Ngwakwe: 9:31am On Mar 27, 2015
asha80:
ok..that's all...by the way the grant is about 5bn annually not 50bn

Convert $200m Eco-Waste management system grant to Naira from one source alone.
Re: Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba by Ngwakwe: 9:36am On Mar 27, 2015
asha80:
when last did you visit aba?is it today that you see ta orhi hirelings dishing out barefaced white lies about his performance?are those hirelings not the same guys praising ikpeazu?

His performance was far above average accept for those see no good Ngwa haters.

The reasons I gave for supporting Otti is the only edge he has above Dr Ikpeazu which for me outclasses whatever reasons anybody may have on the contrary.

For the love of ABA, my only hometown. Vote Alex Otti for Governor of Abia State

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Man Seen In Lagos Bathing Unclad In Public / Eight Banks Withhold N700m Overpaid To Ex- Airways Workers / Peter Obi N250m Money Laundering Scandal Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.