Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong (724 Views)

I Am Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalanders Instead Of Jehovah / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
Hello everyone... Its a pleasure to be here today....
I was out with my friends when this topic aroused and arguments came in....

Let's assume you are on your way to church with no other money but your TITHE..

And on your way you met someone who really needs your help asking for money be it a friend,stranger or even a begger...
And as we said earlier you have no money except for your tithe...

Please is it right to give out our tithe in this situation hoping it will be accepted by God....

Also just willingly giving out our tithes to the poor...
Is it the right thing to do....

Let's share our views please...
Re: Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong by Tallesty1(m): 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
That's the best.

Matthew 25:34-40 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gavet hee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, In as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong by valmunich(m): 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
Absolutely right,,, they need it more
Re: Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong by slap1(m): 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
Give to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar...as long as you've labelled it tithe, give it to God.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
slap1:
Give to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar...as long as you've labelled it tithe, give it to God.
where is God? is it only in the Church we can. find God' even the bible says that we. Are the temple of God. So let's be guided
Re: Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong by Vivly(f): 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
Malachi 3:10.
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so
there will be enough food in my Temple.
If you do," says the LORD of Heaven's
Armies, "I will open the windows of
heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing
so great you won't have enough room to
take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!
If you want to give to charity, give. But not from your tithe.
Re: Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong by Eggcelent(m): 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
I'll gladly give it out without any sense of guilt.
Re: Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong by giffty(f): 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
Vivly:
you're right HuN,tithe paying is mandatory,its 10% of ur earnings,its a commandment from God,giving ur tithe to the needy is NOT accepted,you wanna show some love,COOL,but definitely not from your TITHE....SIRE,thats stealing from God.Giving it to charity is not an excuse.
Re: Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong by adexsimply(m): 10:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
Vivly:
is he broke? Oh, I forgot! He needs to complete those mansions of gold he promised his children.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
Hmmmmm in short of words right now... Both parties spoke well... Hmmm to me I think giving out my tithe to the needy is okay but from what I read here... It's not an excuse.... Still yet its the right thing to do...
Re: Opinion : Giving Out Your Tithe To The Needy. Right Or Wrong by EnnisP: 7:00am On Mar 27, 2015
A third of the tithe was used for charity in the Old Testament system so it isn't wrong to use a portion of your tithe for that purpose now. Being charitable is biblical.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Cleanliness Is Next To Holiness / What You Didn't Know About The Bible!!! / Pastor Sentenced To Prison Over Refusal To Wed Gay Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.